Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

The ladies at the Clinique counter gave me this as part of the three step system treatment aimed for dry/combination skin. I have very oily skin...
That being said, I grew out of liking this moisturizer very quickly.
I thought this was an okay product; it didn't make my skin get itchy or irritated. But after trying out other moisturizers I just noticed it was too heavy on my skin. I would get zits regularly while using this and my pores would get clogged and expand their size.
I have been using lightweight snail filtrate gel moisturizers from Korea for a while now and my skin has never been better. Acne scars disappear quickly and I don't get pimples at all (unless it's that time of the month). I have learned if you suffer from oily skin you have to be careful not to cover your pores with mineral oil based products, because the sebum will build up inside the pores and pimples will arise. Mineral oil is the primary ingredient in this moisturizer...
The smallest bottle costs $15. It is not cheap and I would say not revolutionary at all.
I get my gel moisturizers for a cheaper price and my skin has never been better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! This moisturized my face without it feeling greedy. It felt like there was NOTHING on my skin! It felt amazing. a little goes a long way too! I've had it for almost a year and i still have half a bottle.this is my go to moisturizer. the price is in the 20 dollar range.. totally worth the price

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Love the gel texture, excellent as my day moisturiser before the makeup routine. Lightly scrented in a very "fresh" way, easily absorbed into skin. Already have a back up as my current one is 1/4 left. Skin type Oily Combination.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Im only giving this a four star because it doesnt do what it says entirely.
first of all, i have oily tzone with normal to dry cheeks and chin. This product definitely controls oil. it is not strong, very gentle and nice light scented. I LOVE how it controls and kind of neutralizes your skin, instead of taking away all the oil. however, it does absolutely nothing to the rest of my skin, my dry patches are still there, my normal skin is just normal..

on 8/6/2011 12:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This gel was just horrible on my combination skin. I've used it both in winter and summer but the outcome was the same - super shiny face shortly after I apply it. Also, it gave me a constant sensation of having a heavy layer of oil on my skin that I felt like I had to wash off of my face, which I have never had before even without using any skincare, I could not find anything positive about this product - it even seemed to somehow make my complexion look more uneven.
Unfortunately, this was my first Clinique skincare product and from then on I just avoid their skincare counter, although I might give their makeup line a chance.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is the BEST daytime moisturizer for those who, like me, have oily skin. This is my daily daytime moisturizer in Summer (I prefer Cetaphil in cooler months). You can also use this at night, but I prefer to use something heavier at night time. Good stuff at a good price.

I wish it came free of dyes and fragrance, not that I've noticed any irritation. My dermatologist has always recommended dye free and fragrance free skincare products and I typically stick to that when I can.

on 3/24/2011 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This product is good for the summer months but in the winter I need something a little more hydrating. In the winter months I use the Dramatically Different Moisturizing LOTION it is much more hydrating!

on 5/16/2010 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is by far the best moisturizer for face of all time! I have tried the lotion version of this and I have written a review on how bad and thick it was and that it made me break out. The gel is actually soo much better. It moisturizes great and I never leaves me feeling tight from my cleansers but I never feel like I have slathered oil on my face either, and the best part is it doesn’t make me break out! =D

on 3/16/2010 9:33:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I got a free sample of this when I bought another Clinique product so I can't really comment on the price or packaging.
I only use this under my eye area because it's a little too thin for my face. It smells pleasant but as mentioned it quite a thin product so only for those who don't need a lot of moisturising. I put it under my eyes before I go to sleep and it adsorbs quickly and if perfect for this area. I can't say it's a miracle potion but it has done my eyes some good. If you've got the cash to flash go for it otherwise there are better things out there.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I've gone to the 2nd bottle, first one was 50ml & then 125ml. I've just even ordered the 3rd one, 124ml cos so far I'm happy with this moisturiser, just enough moist for my combination skin.