Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great basic moisturiser that hydrates my skin, isn't greasy and doesn't break me out. The pump packaging is great and the product is really good value for money as you get a lot of it. There are other moisturisers I prefer but I will buy this again if I want a cheaper option, as the others are much more expensive

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased the 4.2oz pump bottle from Sephora and have been using it for about two weeks.
I use about three pumps on my face and neck every morning and night.
The pump bottle is simple yet cute, clean, effective. I'm sure you could even use a mini silicone spatula to get every last bit from the bottle toward the end if you're concerned about that ... a little more time consuming, but every drop counts!
Very mild, subtle fragrance which I find to be refreshing and clean. Absorbs quickly and completely while making my skin SUPER silky, smooth, and supple -- I've noticed a definite difference in my skin since I started using it. Doesn't do much to control my oil throughout the day, but it doesn't cause any excess oil production either. Hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts. Very affordable considering it's only slightly more expensive than, or even on par with, the drug store varieties per ounce. Compared to other high end moisturizers, it's a steal.
It works wonderfully and it's not completely out of my budget. I think I'll stick with it!

on 1/25/2016 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wanted a lightweight moisturizer that wouldn't clog my pores, cause breakouts or leave my skin feeling greasy, and I must say that this is exactly what I was searching for. I've used the original version, which is a light cream and it was not bad at all, but after watching an amazing review from a youtuber, saying that this was perfect for oily skin, I decided to try it. It's a lot lighter than the original version (which is not heavy at all, either) but still, I feel that this absorbs even quicker. I think that this would not be so good for dryer skin types, because if I have a dry patch here or there, it doesn't help too much at disguising those. But since my skin is extremely oily, I rarely have that problem. My skin is also very sensitive and this hasn't irritated it. There's no scent (or at least I haven't notice). The packaging is very convenient, it's a pretty big size (6.7fl.oz), it has a pump, which I looove and comes in a square plastic bottle, which I prefer over glass, because you don't have to be that careful of dropping it. In my opinion it is a little bit pricey, (it was around $40 something at Sephora) but still, I think it's worth it because I haven't found anything that I like better than this. It has a silicone in it (dimethicone, to be exact), so if you're trying to avoid that, now you know. Overall, I think it is an awesome product, and I would definitely buy again, but I'll try to search for it in any other department stores first to see if I can find it at a lower price.

on 1/14/2016 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm currently using this in place of my Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. While the OH moisturizer is light and never broke me out, I don't find in the months I've been using it that it's done what it says it's supposed to. I was never crazy about the packaging and having to dip into it (even with a q-tip) and it's just really expensive ($78 for 3 oz is too much to pay for something that isn't working anymore). I wanted to find something more geared toward my skin type. Using products for "all skin types" always make me kind of wary. Anyway, I came across this gel and read up on it. There's so many mixed reviews but I figured it's worth a try, at the very least, because the reviews on here from other oily girls were quite positive and I'm so glad I did. Instead of committing to the biggest size (pump bottle), I purchased the small tube. I use it morning and night.

After the first use, I noticed my skin was UNBELIEVABLY smooth. I'm talking baby soft! I could see a brightness in my skin. The product itself looks like a lotion and has the consistency of a lotion but yet its a gel. I had to make sure I didn't pick up the lotion by mistake lol. I found that very interesting but once you put it on, that's where you notice the difference. It's VERY light. My skin just soaks this stuff up. I've found if I use too little my skin is a bit drier & tight so I use about a nickle size amount and it's just enough. It's very hydrating. I can see why some people say this would be great under make up. I have yet to do foundation over it but it can truly double as a primer - it really smooths your skin out and would make makeup application a breeze. I just really like this gel and I haven't had any break outs whatsoever because of it. One big bonus I've noticed is that usually mid-late afternoon I notice my skin starting to get oily but after switching to this gel, I'm not noticing that at all. I can't see how this would work on girls with dry skin given that this is made specifically for combo/oily types but I would absolutely recommend this for anyone with oily or combination skin. It's worked beautifully for me. I'll be going back to Sephora for the full size. Still cant get over that the 4.2 oz pump is $40 cheaper than the Sheer Transformation - it blows my mind. My wallet is thanking me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So i just bought a ton of Clinique products, as I like to try out different brands. My face has been slowly deteriorating and I couldn't pinpoint which product was to blame. I cut out one product after another to leave two, a cleanser and a moisturizer. After a close inspection in the mirror, I realized something I had previously missed, tiny dots under my eyes. The second I saw this, I knew that the moisturizer was the cause of it. I was scared that the products might dry me out, so I applied a tiny bit extra bit of moisturizer under my eyes every time I washed my face. Being under my eyes, I avoided getting any cleanser too close, close being where I had put my moisturizer. I am now sure that this moisturizer, one with a beautiful consistency I must say, was the culprit. I'll be continuing my search for the perfect moisturizer that won't break me out.

on 11/19/2014 4:10:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I went to clinique 4 days ago to get the cleansing balm. I've never had any of their other products and this would be my first. After I got it the girl at the counter gave me samples of their 3 step skin care products to test them out. I liked the soap and the "toner" BUT the moisturizer was another story.

The product on the sample lasted for about 3 days THANK GOD FOR THAT. When I first tryed it I was head over heels with it already planning to go and buy the real thing. It made my face feel soft to the touch, well moisturized things the products I had before never did and because of that I gladly overlooked the fact that it also made feel like wearing a thin layer of oily-silicony mask above my skin. But it also healed all my previous scars and breakouts so I was happy. For one day. The 2nd day of using it I noticed little red bumps and also others hidden under my sking but I thought that they might were from other things. On the 3rd day though... all those bumps broke out into pimples all over my face and my skin is not even sensitive so I don't really know what to think about that!

So yeah i'm so glad I didn't spent any amount of money to actually get this and from all the reviews that I now read other ppl had the same problems. Also I think that I'll stay away form clinique in the future and their so called "hypoalergic/drugstore/organic" and whatever else they claim that their products are

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

How on earth have I never tried this product before? I have always despised putting moisturiser on my already greasy face because it makes my skin look dirty and shiny even if it has been freshly washed. But at the same time, if I don't use moisturiser my skin will become even more oily throughout the day, leading to breakouts. So I'm happy to say that this lovely gel moisturises without a trace of greasiness. My face just looks very fresh and feels so soft. My skin is so much less oily throughout the day and my foundation still looks good after eight hours wear. And no breakouts! A simple but truly wonderful product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have repurchased this product twice now.

I use it as a go-too product. For ages I thought "I'm not gunna bother repurchasing it" But I it always leaves my skin looking great! Doesn't cause any spots, it nice and moisturising, even though it is a gel.

I shall keep repurchasing this product :) I am thinking of trying the active moist by dermalogica, so I will see how that compares :)

Thinking Clinqiue for evening, as I waking up with lovely skin, and then active moist for underneath my BB cream - sorted :)

on 9/13/2014 6:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I used a lot of this 3 steps some years back, when I had acne and oily skin. It is nice to use together in the 3-step, not alone. The whole 3 steps is a complete cleansing routing. I do like them and used a long time. But now my skin is getting dryer after age and do not need those heavy stuff any more. I do recommend this 3-step cleanser to oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased the small size oil free version just to try it for summer when my skin tends to be a little bit more oily, my skin is normal to dry with a few occasional hormonal breakouts I used it after my also brand new glam glow super mud mask, the next day I had four whiteheads on my T zone, I thought it was the mask so I applied a spot treatment at night and my origins night cream, in the morning my skin was clear again ... so, I washed my face and apply again the moisturizer and by the afternoon I had again the white heads, so it wasn't the mask it was the moisturizer!!! I have used the mask after that so, it was weird the reaction in my skin :( I use it on my neck and chest just to finish it since in the store I bought it there is not return policy