CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.6

on 5/4/2018 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I concur with another reviewer who said this will make you look older in a week! It actually felt as though it was leaching moisture from my skin and made me look worse than If I hadn’t moisturized at all! Big disappointment and I ordered this online from Sephora so it wasn’t cheap. Pretty packaging though but useless to my combo skin.

on 2/15/2018 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, but I didn't care for the gel. It has silicone in it, which always makes me break out. The texture is nice and light. It doesn't contain fragrance, and per ounce it's very affordable. If your oily to combination, without any sensitivity to silicones, you will probably love this. I, however, prefer the DDML+, which doesn't have silicones and is more hydrating than the gel version.

on 11/29/2017 12:41:00 AM

Love love love! I have normal/dry skin and this is the perfect daytime moisturizer for me. It plays well with all my foundations without adding a heavy layer. I tried the lotion version and that I did not like because I felt it was too heavy. This one is perfect. I get the big size bottle and it last me about 8months maybe even longer. One pump ia enough for my whole face and the price is great. I will continue to purchase.

on 9/22/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I buy the travel sizes at Sephora because they're cheap so the packaging down score refers to that tube packaging. It isn't that great.
DDMG is pretty good. So far it hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts. I've just finished a small travel sized tube and I'm going to repurchase. Update in one month.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super oily skin and can never find a moisturizer that keeps my skin hydrated without causing breakouts. This is my holy grail moisturizer! I hope they never stop making it.

on 9/7/2016 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not really sure this "moisturized" at all. It's great because it won't irritate your skin or clog your pores but it really just sat on top of my skin. You also have to be cautious about what foundation you layer over this - my foundation which has some oil in it balled up on top of this like crazy.

My skin is all over the place - it can go from dry and flaky to extremely oily depending on weather and diet so I thought this would be great for me! It seems like there is a lot of silicone in this so I'd say it's more of primer for a water or silicone based foundation than a moisturizer.

on 5/1/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Have combination skin with occasional breakouts (in my 30s veering towards oily).

Use this day and night and did not break me out inspite of me using a serum and sunscreen with it in the morning and essence, serum in the evening.

initially feels heavy but disappears in a few seconds. is an important element of skincare for combination / oily skins as this skin type needs moisture.

Is indeed oil and fragrance free and would definitely purchase again.

Update after 2 months of usage: Too oily if you live in a hot / humid country and are struggling with acne prone skin. I actually went back to using Kiehls gel but use this once in a while when I need extra hydration.

I do not use this anymore as my skin concerns have changed. It did use this for years and found it to be a really good moisturizer.

on 10/12/2015 7:43:00 PM

I really love this moisturizer. I have normal/oily skin and especially love this in the summer when a lot of other moisturizers seem too heavy. It sinks in to your skin fast and makes it feel soft and silky. It's so light that if you have very oily skin it won't make you break out. It's a bit too light for the colder weather but i do like layering it over serums.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had read lots about this moisturiser and thought I would give it a go especially after a friend had used it for years. When I put it on it felt nice and my skin did not break out but after a day or two of using my skin felt dry and there was nothing else on my face other than my regular cleanser that I had used before.

I am not sure if I would call this a dramatically different moisturiser but its OK perhaps for someone who has normal skin or a younger skin and it did nothing dramatic to mine making it rather average which is why I have not given it a high rating.