CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

on 10/6/2018 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 6/10

This is a good moisturiser for oily skin. If you have dry skin like I do you may need to layer it with another product (I use oil on top). It sits well under makeup and isn't fragranced which is good. You get heaps of product for the price. My one complaint is that it can be hard to get the product out of the pump as it is too large to hold in the hand and pump onto the finger. That's so minor though. I have gone through a couple of these and I will continue to repurchase.

I used the original DDML for years, got away from it, recently returned. I currently own a bottle of the revised version of the original, and this gel. My skin is combination but much more dry than it used to be. Still, I'm oilier in the summer and I thought this would be the ideal summertime moisturizer. For me, it imparts little to no moisture and in fact leaves me feeling dryer. I've found if I use it on top of the Clinique hydrating spray (pink bottle) the two work together a bit but not well enough that I'd ever consider purchasing it again. I think it's probably better for people with more significant oil control concerns.

on 2/27/2018 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

this product is simply good enough for my skin, due to haven't found better moisturizer yet. this moisturizer doesn't do much to my skin other than simply just to moisturize. it doesn't reduce the oil on my skin, tad bit increase the oil production but if I use the right foundation on top of it, my skin looks flawless. I would repurchase this if I still haven't found replacement for this product

on 12/28/2017 11:03:00 AM

I have combination oily skin. Tried this for a week and caused me break out. Will never buy again.

on 11/28/2017 4:28:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product but alas, it broke me out really bad. That is the only reason I will not be purchasing this moisturizer again...otherwise it is just perfect. Light and airy on the skin, smells nice, doesn't make my skin oily. In fact, my face felt really soft and smooth after applying it.

on 11/5/2017 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I adore this. I've been using it in small amounts as a primer and in copious amounts as a night cream for the better part of 5 years as I've seen my skin go from quite oily to chronically dry (hello 30s!). Never breaks me out, has no smell, no white sheen or pigment. I use the squeezy bottle because I found the pump gets clogged. My only complaint.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this moisturizer. BIG DIFFERENCE from the other yellow moisturizer from Clinique. It is light weight and doesn't contribute to break out. My oily skin feels hydrated and comfortable all day.

on 9/25/2017 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit: after a week of steady use, I believe the silicone in this is breaking me out. Something in it is (Laureth-4!!!!) - after wearing this over my BP gel during the day, by the evening I had whiteheads and inflammation. Very strange, since it was the only thing on my skin all day. No makeup at all. Bummer.
------------------------
I grabbed this at an Ulta in the trial size since I have sensitive skin and didn't know how my skin would take to this moisturizer. I have combo skin, dry in some areas, but can get shiny/oily within an hour or two from topical BP.

Must say - this is GREAT stuff! It's very light, absorbs well, no scent, not sticky, and has a little bit of a silicone feeling to it. I mostly prefer wearing this under my makeup (I apply it then let it soak in while I do my eye makeup and then do my foundation) or during the day - and save my heavier (Olay sensitive) moisturizer for at night. But this stuff is a winner in my book - I haven't had any issues with my skin so far. If I can use up the trial size without any problems, I will try to repurchase the larger size or another trial size.

on 7/2/2017 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

been struggling to find a good moisturizer since i always go to dermatologist for almost 8 years. now i wanna try the otc products that doesn't break me out (my skin is very sensitive and acne prone, even the humidity such as too hot or too cold could makes me broke out badly) and i came across clinique counter. the BA said it's gentle enough and won't make my skin looks oilier. been tried for at least 3 months and the results is great, the only downside is the price is on the higher side. but considering the quality and you only need a pea amount of size for every usage, i think it worth every penny. sure i will be repurchase

I think Clinique really nailed it with their dramatically different moisturizing series. I have both the lotion and gel formula and I love them for different seasons. I typically use the moisturizing lotion in winter and the moisturizing gel during other seasons, where my skin starts to get slightly oilier.

The gel formulation is not as moisturizing as the lotion formula as it is catered more towards people with combo to oily skin like me. Perviously I dreaded applying moisturizer as other formulas always left a tacky feeling that I hated. This formula is perfect for people with oily skin who isn't too fond of regular moisturizers. It leaves absolutely no tacky feeling after application and creates such a smooth canvas for makeup application. I sometimes skip primer when I'm using this moisturizer because it helps my makeup glide on much easier.