CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Filtered by hair type : Other age: 36-43
CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

ETA 2/28/18: still rocking this this is an awesome product I’m a customer for life!!! —- Original review: HG alert!!!! I'd been using the DDML for many years until the oil-free gel came out. This is the perf moisturizer for using after Clinique toner & cleanser. My skin has needed a bit of a change it'd been a little lack luster so I got cadaulie sorbet to try for the colder weather now that is winter where I live. I think Clinique has the best moisturizers esp if u want to address a specific need (e.g. This comes in cream for dry skin; DDML for normal/combo & the gel for oily/acne prone skin). The 3 step can be totally tweaked to be what's the unconventional I use 1.0 clarifying "lotion" (why do they insist on calling these lotion?!) it is alcohol free & has salicylic acid or #1 (traditionally for dry skin but is gentler than #2 less alcohol). Bar soap for acne prone skin/bar soap for oily skin, 1.0 astringent/toner for acne prone skin; & dramatically different gel (w eye depuffer) are my evday skincare HG. I was using Cliniques spot treatment for my big blemishes buy I’m using elf tea tree stick zip zapper which i cannot find in stores but is $5 off Ebay & it’s HG Too. DDMG is lightweight non greasy fast absorbed & has never broken me out. I'm just starting to experiment w other (non-DS) brands. this makes clean & clear not so good unless ur on an “extreme” budget (rubbing alcohol is $1 for a big bottle no need to buy a $5 of C&C astringents), a teen or have no Clinique counters or can't order online. I think this would be suitable for most teens skincare needs too. It is $14 for 1oz iirc & I prefer the tube packaging, it lets you get every drop out & this frugal gal wants to waste none. I've repurchased countless times I hope they never D.C. this becoz it is seriously amazing for oily skin, it's a myth that oily skin doesn't need moisturizer it just needs the right kind (something light, noncomedogenic, & oil free that won't suffocate it nor clog pores/won't exacerbate nor cause acne).

on 1/8/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My absolute HG. Wish I’d tried this ages ago! I have rosacea so very sensitive skin, so 99.9% of moisturisers break me out, but this doesn’t. I’m also oily, but this is the best moisturiser I’ve tried – no extra oiliness. I used Clarins Hydra Matte for years, which is also fine on my skin but is twice the price. The price for this is great for a high-end brand, and the packaging is perfect – pump bottle, plastic to not heavy, clear so can see how much left. Not sure it would be enough for dry skins, but would recommend for oily or combination as well as sensitive.

on 3/21/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was so glad when clinique came out with this gel version. Its so fresh and light hydrating and no strong fragrances, hypoallergenic, doesn't burn my sensitive acne prone dry skin. Not chock full of antioxidants but I have a serum for that purpose. Just an all around great moisture gel to hydrate and replenish your skin. Highly recommended from me.

To me, the consistency and feel of this is not much different than Clinique DDML in lotion form. This has a slight scent to it (minty....medicine-like). Apparently, it is for extra-oily skin instead of drier (older) skin. For me, it is just ok, but not fantastic. I prefer just the regular DDML lotion.

on 9/8/2013 4:58:00 PM

Good stuff. Won't grease up your skin at all. Provides a very light hydration, with absolutely no oily feel. It is truly a gel, so if you are looking for more moisture, this is not for you. But if you have oily skin that breaks out that just needs a little bit of moisture to keep the skin from flaking and feeling tight, this is it. Smells divine, even though "fragrance free." And not expensive! Pump is very nice as well.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this moisturizing gel. It's definitely for people who have oily skin. My makeup goes on very smooth after applying this gel and my face remains shine-free throughout the day. This is the only moisturizer that has been effective in keeping my face shine-free even when I'm outside in the humid FL sun. It also smoothed away the fine lines under my eyes, and when I wake up in the morning my eyes look so revived and awake. I would definitely recommend this gel moisturizer if you have oily/combo skin. I use this in conjunction with Clinique's 3-step system (liquid facial soap, astringent, moisturizing gel).

on 2/13/2012 10:05:00 AM

If this moisturizer is not good for your skin , doesnt mean that its not a good product. Try something else. I love love this moisturizer. My skin type for Clinique is III-Combination oily BUT I use the mild facial soap and the clarifying lotion 2 ( its much gentle for my skinI know my skin better than anyone ). This is the best moisturizer before you apply makeup! The only thing that I dont like is the pricevery expensive ( 53 euro the 125ml here in Greece ).

Edit Sept 4th: I didn't really like using this. It didn't really do anything for my skin. I hated the smell. I think I'll go back to the Bliss since I love the feel of it. I usually use Bliss Triple Oxygen Cream, but it is four times the price of this. I decided to try this after a lot of research. It is nice! It is great for traveling and doesn't irritate my skin or clog my pores. I have only been using it for two weeks, but I was able to take it on a cruise and my skin looked great despite all the rich food and excess drinking;). I will use my small size up and if I am still happy may stick with it and save my money! My skin is acne prone and oily, but not super oily. It is not dry at all.

i use this gel for a long time. although i'm not crazy about this product. just a appropriate gel for my oily skin. if i find another good one for me, def. i'll try that. until then i use this gel. hehe

on 3/22/2009 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

i tried this product when it first came out and wasn't impressed. it left my (then) 'normal' skin feeling a bit dry. but...i just may give it another go because i'm a little desperate. i'm now almost 44 years old and have very finicky skin...something i've never experienced before. maybe this gel formula is just what i need. will update after trying it again.