Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.9

on 11/24/2016 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was surprised on how heavy it felt on my skin it was supposed to be a gel right? So I decided to just apply this at night. IMHO this is overrated. Nothing special I didnt breakout like crazy there were some zits which was pretty normal for me but other than that I couldnt really see any difference. But one thing's for sure I like applying this after I have thoroughly scrubbed/cleansed my face. The thickness of the product moisturizes my skin well. Will not buy again unless given as a gift.

on 11/8/2016 10:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been using this product for over two months and absolutely love it.
I decided to buy this once the season started changing because I noticed my face getting dryer and dyer - yet still a bit oily. I actually bought this without checking any reviews, I simply tested it out and walked around the store and was satisfied. I like how nice and refreshing it feels on my face. For me it doesn't feel greasy and it feels very light. I would definitely buy this product again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you're looking for an oil free moisturizer that won't mess up your skin routine then this is a great no brainer simple way to go.
It doesn't smell weird. Its gentle on skin. It comes in a sanitary pump bottle.
It doesn't irritate my skin or clog it up. Win.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really didn't like this as I thought it made my skin somehow oilier but now I realise it's the alcohol in other products and harsh cleansers that was making me oily. I now use this after the redness solutions soothing cleanser and that combination has made my skin amazing so I'm now in love :D

on 2/27/2016 9:30:00 PM

I have oily-combination skin and my face can get so oily it looks like I'm sweating real hard even when it's barely 20 degrees celsius and I've been sitting down all day indoors. So this gel formula is pretty much ideal for me. It absorbs quickly, is moisturising enough to use by itself in summer but it's also light enough to moisturize without leaving my skin feeling suffocated and too heavy.

While in winter, my T-zone remains oily while my skin on my cheeks and nose can get so dry they start to flake which I usually find really hard to deal with as my skin cannot take normal 'heavier' cream formulas (think Cetaphil moisturizing cream, Olay, Nivea etc.) as they are too thick/oily and end up breaking me out. So during the drier/colder months I tend slather a pump of this moisturizer over my face (T-zone mainly), and I use another separate pump mixed in with rosehip oil to control dry spots and flakiness on my cheeks and around my nose which works really well.

Honestly, since I've worked out how to use it properly in a skincare routine (currently using Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser as a makeup remover, Neutrogena Acne Face Wash, Avene Cleanance K, Trilogy Rosehip Oil, and this Clinique cream) it's been working well as it doesn't break me out at all (I'm actually on my third pump bottle of the stuff and still no breakouts), it has a very mild smell which dissipates quickly, and I can use it as a day cream (by itself before sunscreen) and a night cream (mixed in with rosehip oil) basically all year round.

As for the cons? Probably the price (50AUD) though not surprising considering Clinique has a record of price gouging the Australian market. Also the packaging, while pretty/easy to use/relatively hygienic, makes it a little difficult getting the remaining product out once you're nearly finished with the pump bottle (the pump stops working and you have to invert the bottle to scrape it out).

This product is great! I have extremely dry fussy skin which breaks out, flakes, etc with the slightest irritation. I am constantly adjusting my skin care products to treat whatever mood my skin is in and winter is usually the most difficult time for me. This winter I have been using the Clinique Take The Day Off balm cleanser, the Take The Day Off eye makeup removed, Marcelle Micellar Water, followed by Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair with this overtop. This has worked so well! The other products are tried and true for me, and this moisturizer makes my skin soft and supple when I wake up in the morning and seems to have completed the product combination that has worked the best yet!

on 1/8/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My absolute HG. Wish I’d tried this ages ago! I have rosacea so very sensitive skin, so 99.9% of moisturisers break me out, but this doesn’t. I’m also oily, but this is the best moisturiser I’ve tried – no extra oiliness. I used Clarins Hydra Matte for years, which is also fine on my skin but is twice the price. The price for this is great for a high-end brand, and the packaging is perfect – pump bottle, plastic to not heavy, clear so can see how much left. Not sure it would be enough for dry skins, but would recommend for oily or combination as well as sensitive.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this moisturizer. I have combination/oily skin, but I think this may be too light for a winter moisturizer. It does an okay job, but I'm not wow-ed by it. When my skin isn't moisturized enough, I tend to get scattered, small pimples in random places on my face and that happened with this. Also, my forehead still gets pretty oily when I use this, but then again I haven't found anything that prevents that from happening and I've tried tons of products. I think I'll revisit this for the summer months, but for now, it's not my favorite.

on 7/15/2015 11:13:00 AM

I didn't like this at all. I naturally have very dry skin and this made it kind of greasy and I broke out across my cheekbones. I noticed small pimples appear around my jaw area after using this and was not happy at all.

I heard so many good things about this product so I decided to give it a try.

Pros:
None

Cons:
+ Not hydrating enough for my combination skin ( I tested it in both summer & winter )
+ Irritating
+ Expensive