Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

on 2/28/2017 8:48:00 PM

I've been using this for almost 3 months and I'm pretty happy with this. It has not caused any breakouts and has helped my problems areas.

For reference, I have very oily skin in addition to having some dry spots(mainly on my chin,temples, and under eyes) and my skin is also sensitive. I'm very skeptical when it comes to new skincare because I dread the idea of causing breakouts after.

But this works extremely well. Has a very faint scent that immediately dissipates after rubbing into your skin. I typically use 2-3 pumps for my face and neck depending on how dry I'm feeling. Absorbs into the skin very well and doesn't leave a greasy residue.

Definitely recommend! (although it is very pricey)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've never felt my skin feel THIS soft after applying a moisturizer. I have oily skin and it doesn't add anything but healthy, light moisture. When applied at night, other moisturizers would leave me with a greasy mess in the morning, but with this I wake up with perfect soft, surprisingly fresh looking skin. A little goes a long way, so while it's pricey and doesn't look like much, it will last you longer than you think. The consistency is a mix between a light moisturizer and a gel, feels refreshing and my skin swiftly and happily soaks it up! I think this would be great for all skin types!

Can't beat the price! It's affordable and works. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out. It does it's job and isn't heavy.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG alert!!!! I'd been using the DDML for many years until the oil-free gel came out. This is the perf moisturizer for using after Clinique toner & cleanser. My skin has needed a bit of a change it'd been a little lack luster so I got cadaulie sorbet to try for the colder weather now that is winter where I live. I think Clinique has the best moisturizers esp if u want to address a specific need (e.g. This comes in cream for dry skin; DDML for normal/combo & the gel for oily/acne prone skin). The 3 step can be totally tweaked to be what's the unconventional I use 1.0 clarifying "lotion" (why do they insist on calling these lotion?!) it is alcohol free & has salicylic acid or #1 (traditionally for dry skin but is gentler than #2 less alcohol). Liquid soap for oily skin, bar soap for oily skin, 1.0 astringent & dramatically different gel (w eye depuffer) are my evday skincare HG. DDMG is lightweight non greasy fast absorbed & has never broken me out. I'm just starting to experiment w other (non-DS) brands. this makes clean & clear not so good unless ur on an extreme budget, a teen or have no Clinique counters or can't order online. I think this would be suitable for most teens skincare needs too. It is $14 for 1oz iirc & I prefer the tube packaging, it lets you get every drop out & this frugal gal wants to waste none. I've repurchased countless times I hope they never D.C. this becoz it is seriously amazing for oily skin, it's a myth that oily skin doesn't need moisturizer it just needs the right kind (something light, noncomedogenic, & oil free that won't suffocate it nor clog pores/won't exacerbate nor cause acne).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like many oily skinned people have already mentioned, the lotion version of this was too much but the moisture level of the gel is just right. I use cleansers and toners for oily skin and need a lightweight moisturizer; it absorbs into my skin without leaving it feeling greasy, just soft and hydrated. I've tried oil free moisturizers that have left my skin feeling tacky or sticky, this product is altogether different. It's a great base before my foundation and it never makes my skin oiler throughout the day. Highly recommended for oily skin that can use some hydrating.

on 11/8/2016 10:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been using this product for over two months and absolutely love it.
I decided to buy this once the season started changing because I noticed my face getting dryer and dyer - yet still a bit oily. I actually bought this without checking any reviews, I simply tested it out and walked around the store and was satisfied. I like how nice and refreshing it feels on my face. For me it doesn't feel greasy and it feels very light. I would definitely buy this product again.

I hoped this would be the solution to my combo-oily skin as it is highly recommended by many. I tried the Dramatically Different lotion first quickly realizing it was too much for my skin type. Then, I tried the gel version. This gel did absolutely nothing for my skin. I would have been better off not wearing any at all. It exasturbated the drier patches on my cheeks and did not help at all with my oily t-zone. I didn't like the texture it left on my skin either. We just weren't meant to be. I guess I would suggest to completely normal skin types. I really don't know who would benefit from this.

Leaves skin feeling greasy and does not absorb well. with such a high price point too! would not buy again.

on 10/14/2016 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My HG moisturizer. I have combination skin. My face would get oily around my T-zone area and was vary pimple-prone. After I started using this gel, I haven't had to use my oil blotting sheets since. The consistency is midway between pure gel and lotion, and it's light.

on 10/13/2016 4:13:00 AM

Firstly, I'm in my 20's and I have been hearing good reviews of this product and bought a small tube of it. I have combination sensitive skin: Oily T Zone and occasional dry skin around my cheek area. After a week or two of using this product, my forehead and nose developed small patches of clogged pores and some nasty painful pimples. I had to stop using it and I was so dissappointed because this product is expensive. For those with sensitive acne-prone oily skin, I would advise not to use this.