Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

on 3/25/2017 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

it truly made a different to my skin after one night used. my skin's super dry but also oily and not bright after a 7-day trip aboard. but after one night, my skin feel so full of water and it also reduces oil from my skin. ( sorry for bad english )

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have very VERY oily skin, so I'm wary of what lotions I use as they can exacerbate the issue. This moisturizer, while it's not specifically for my skin type (it's designated for ALL skin types), has the perfect amount of moisturizing power, making my skin super soft, without causing any excess oiliness. It glides smoothly over my skin and absorbs quickly. Don't be dissuade by the size of this bottle, as a little of this product goes a long way! Love this and will be buying again in the future!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG alert!!!! I'd been using the DDML for many years until the oil-free gel came out. This is the perf moisturizer for using after Clinique toner & cleanser. My skin has needed a bit of a change it'd been a little lack luster so I got cadaulie sorbet to try for the colder weather now that is winter where I live. I think Clinique has the best moisturizers esp if u want to address a specific need (e.g. This comes in cream for dry skin; DDML for normal/combo & the gel for oily/acne prone skin). The 3 step can be totally tweaked to be what's the unconventional I use 1.0 clarifying "lotion" (why do they insist on calling these lotion?!) it is alcohol free & has salicylic acid or #1 (traditionally for dry skin but is gentler than #2 less alcohol). Liquid soap for oily skin, bar soap for oily skin, 1.0 astringent & dramatically different gel (w eye depuffer) are my evday skincare HG. DDMG is lightweight non greasy fast absorbed & has never broken me out. I'm just starting to experiment w other (non-DS) brands. this makes clean & clear not so good unless ur on an extreme budget, a teen or have no Clinique counters or can't order online. I think this would be suitable for most teens skincare needs too. It is $14 for 1oz iirc & I prefer the tube packaging, it lets you get every drop out & this frugal gal wants to waste none. I've repurchased countless times I hope they never D.C. this becoz it is seriously amazing for oily skin, it's a myth that oily skin doesn't need moisturizer it just needs the right kind (something light, noncomedogenic, & oil free that won't suffocate it nor clog pores/won't exacerbate nor cause acne).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like many oily skinned people have already mentioned, the lotion version of this was too much but the moisture level of the gel is just right. I use cleansers and toners for oily skin and need a lightweight moisturizer; it absorbs into my skin without leaving it feeling greasy, just soft and hydrated. I've tried oil free moisturizers that have left my skin feeling tacky or sticky, this product is altogether different. It's a great base before my foundation and it never makes my skin oiler throughout the day. Highly recommended for oily skin that can use some hydrating.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Was the perfect amount of hydration for my oily combo sensitive acne prone skin. Made the corners of my mouth dry though, just like benzoyl peroxide does. Also developed these raised areas of irritation? They weren't pimples just raised patches of skin that were itchy. As soon as I stopped using this they went away.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really didn't like this as I thought it made my skin somehow oilier but now I realise it's the alcohol in other products and harsh cleansers that was making me oily. I now use this after the redness solutions soothing cleanser and that combination has made my skin amazing so I'm now in love :D

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have oily skin and this absorbs quick before my makeup and helps me keep my oil under control

on 2/7/2016 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product did not work for me. It felt refreshing on my skin and it did sink in well but it dramatically irritated my eyes. This is an issue I have with most clinique products. Also for £30 I expected this product to do something more than just moisturize my face, I get the same effect from my £3 Nivea moisturizer.
I would advise people not to waste their money on this and buy a drug store moisturizer that does the same job.

on 1/25/2016 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wanted a lightweight moisturizer that wouldn't clog my pores, cause breakouts or leave my skin feeling greasy, and I must say that this is exactly what I was searching for. I've used the original version, which is a light cream and it was not bad at all, but after watching an amazing review from a youtuber, saying that this was perfect for oily skin, I decided to try it. It's a lot lighter than the original version (which is not heavy at all, either) but still, I feel that this absorbs even quicker. I think that this would not be so good for dryer skin types, because if I have a dry patch here or there, it doesn't help too much at disguising those. But since my skin is extremely oily, I rarely have that problem. My skin is also very sensitive and this hasn't irritated it. There's no scent (or at least I haven't notice). The packaging is very convenient, it's a pretty big size (6.7fl.oz), it has a pump, which I looove and comes in a square plastic bottle, which I prefer over glass, because you don't have to be that careful of dropping it. In my opinion it is a little bit pricey, (it was around $40 something at Sephora) but still, I think it's worth it because I haven't found anything that I like better than this. It has a silicone in it (dimethicone, to be exact), so if you're trying to avoid that, now you know. Overall, I think it is an awesome product, and I would definitely buy again, but I'll try to search for it in any other department stores first to see if I can find it at a lower price.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I find that this isn't hydrating enough for me. I like the smell, its mild. And it's pretty inexpensive for the amount you get compared to other brands. I bought this version instead of the lotion because I have oily skin. I have to put on at least 3 pumps for my face to feel comfortable. Sometimes I have to pump a little extra for around my mouth. After a few hours I'd be oily, but I expect that from my skin. What I really didn't like was that when I would wash my face the next morning it looked and felt excessively greasy, not like it is normally when I use other moisturisers. My hands got really slippery when I splashed my face. I think it may have caused a few small white heads but nothing serious. I have started using something else now so I'll probably just give this away. I wouldn't say it's a horrible product, but dimethicone is the second ingredient...I'd say that's more suitable for a hair product or foundation primer than for a moisturiser...this is not for me.