Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

Can't beat the price! It's affordable and works. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out. It does it's job and isn't heavy.

on 12/30/2016 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

As a teenager with very oily skin in a very humid country this is God send. I've used this for almost 2 years now and as always it is very consistent, it does its job of being an awesome moisturizer but the price might be too high for those who just wants to moisturize their face without all the glam the brand includes. I am still on the hunt for my HG moisturizer but this is currently on top of my list.

on 12/17/2016 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great for acne-prone skin. Very little fragrance. A container usually lasts me about a year or so, which makes the price pretty reasonable IMO, although there are cheaper alternatives for acne-prone/oily skin out there. I would recommend looking at Dr. Lin's Hydrating Gel if the price is a pain-point for you

Great product! I have acne prone skin and also very sensitive skin this product helps well with keeping it hydrated and not making my face too greasy. My only thing is this is best to use in the summer and in the winter my skin gets slightly dryer so I need a moisturiser that is a little bit more moisturising than this. Helps to keep my skin clear and does not break me out. Will definitely be buying again in the summer.

on 11/24/2016 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was surprised on how heavy it felt on my skin it was supposed to be a gel right? So I decided to just apply this at night. IMHO this is overrated. Nothing special I didnt breakout like crazy there were some zits which was pretty normal for me but other than that I couldnt really see any difference. But one thing's for sure I like applying this after I have thoroughly scrubbed/cleansed my face. The thickness of the product moisturizes my skin well. Will not buy again unless given as a gift.

on 11/22/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this moisturizer because I wanted something that was light and wouldn't clog my pores. I've been using it for only eight days, but since day 2 I have been breaking out in all types of pimples! It also wasn't very moisturizing at all...even after using 2 pumps. Its horrible! I'm getting cysts on my cheeks, whiteheads all over my forehead and chin, and clogged pores everywhere. This has just been a disaster and I really wanted to believe that this would work for me, especially at the price! I will try to return this and purchase from a different brand entirely.

on 10/24/2016 7:39:00 PM

I love this. It's perfect for morning moisturizer underneath your makeup. I've been trying many different drug store options, but I haven't been able to find anything better than this. I was hoping I could find something cheaper that works just as well. Feels great, makeup looks great (doesn't get greasy/oily face by end of day). I have somewhat oily, acne prone skin.

This is not great for a heavy duty night moisturizer or healing dry/damaged skin. But if you've got those areas covered with your night cream/oils, etc, then I highly recommend this for light moisturizing in the morning before putting makeup on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The one and only moisturizer that works on my sensitive oily and acne prone skin. I've been using this for more then 10 years now - I tried the other brand from high end to drugstore but I always come back to this one. It doesn't cause any breakouts, absorbs almost instantly and most importantly it keeps the moisture intact especially on my oily skin. With the right skincare routines - I believe, my skin now is getting better, healthier and hardly get breakouts. Some hormonal acne once in a blue moon probably due to my diet or menstrual circle, but it's totally normal and not serious - I noticed if I have breakouts due to the mentioned reasons, it's usually gone within 24 hours or 2 days, max.

Recommended as 3-Steps program by Clinique, I actually pair this moisturizer with Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash or Alpha-H Triple Action Action Cleanser for the first step (alternately use, depends on my mood and skin condition; Alpha-H usually works effectively during breakout days) which is a non-foaming, non-detergent and soapless cleanser that does not stripping my natural oil. And as for the step 2, I prefer the Mild Clarifying Lotion which is now has been discontinued - I managed to stocked up for 1 more year of usage. Still looking for a substitute of the Mild Clarifying Lotion.

Took 1 lippie due to the selling price in Malaysia - actually not a pricey investment since my skin is now getting better, 125ml bottle could last 5-6 months. After all, you only have one skin and it's gonna be with you forever.

on 9/7/2016 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not really sure this "moisturized" at all. It's great because it won't irritate your skin or clog your pores but it really just sat on top of my skin. You also have to be cautious about what foundation you layer over this - my foundation which has some oil in it balled up on top of this like crazy.

My skin is all over the place - it can go from dry and flaky to extremely oily depending on weather and diet so I thought this would be great for me! It seems like there is a lot of silicone in this so I'd say it's more of primer for a water or silicone based foundation than a moisturizer.

on 5/1/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Have combination skin with occasional breakouts (in my 30s veering towards oily).

Use this day and night and did not break me out inspite of me using a serum and sunscreen with it in the morning and essence, serum in the evening.

initially feels heavy but disappears in a few seconds. is an important element of skincare for combination / oily skins as this skin type needs moisture.

Is indeed oil and fragrance free and would definitely purchase again.

Update after 2 months of usage: Too oily if you live in a hot / humid country and are struggling with acne prone skin. I actually went back to using Kiehls gel but use this once in a while when I need extra hydration.