CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Filtered by skin type : Combination
CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.9

This was one of the first true skincare products I used growing up. I always found the lotion a bit too greasy as I have combination skin. It's more oily than dry but it is definitely dry around my nose and chin. The gel is perfect for me I use this daily and multiple times when I'm not wearing makeup. I love this gel because it gives me the perfect amount of moisture, This helps balance my oily and dry patches. It also leaves my skin so soft and smooth. I have never broken out from this either. The price is great so I bought the jumbo size and I like that it's affordable and hygienic,

This also makes a nice primer base, it has so many functions than just a moisturizer. I'm so happy I came back to this product.

This is awful!!! It made me get huge blind pimples under my skin, about the size of a dime. Caused my skin to peel. Caused my skin to burn. I used it for 2 weeks, and it’s been over a month trying to get it back to normal. I would never recommend this ever!

on 10/1/2018 2:01:00 PM

Love the Gel! It’s lightweight and versatile counterpart to Clinique’s acclaimed Moisturizing Lotion. Just as effective; great for daily use ! Ideal for combination skin tones!

I used the original DDML for years, got away from it, recently returned. I currently own a bottle of the revised version of the original, and this gel. My skin is combination but much more dry than it used to be. Still, I'm oilier in the summer and I thought this would be the ideal summertime moisturizer. For me, it imparts little to no moisture and in fact leaves me feeling dryer. I've found if I use it on top of the Clinique hydrating spray (pink bottle) the two work together a bit but not well enough that I'd ever consider purchasing it again. I think it's probably better for people with more significant oil control concerns.

This is my HG moisturizer, and I end up regretting it when I stray to try something else. Anything heavier, and I’m an oil slick, anything lighter and my face is flake city. Perfect for my combination skin!

on 8/16/2018 11:43:00 PM

This is my day moisturiser for the past 3 months or so. It's a great BASIC moisturiser for practically anyone with normal-oily prone skin... There's a slightly heavy-duty one for drier skin which is the cream formula I believe. I switched to this after my skin was acting up during my Diferin treatment.

It's scentless and does what a job a moisturiser should do- to moisturise! Nothing more nothing less. I like the fact that it's really simple, and doesn't make my skin in an oil slick by the end of the day.

If you're looking for added benefits (eg; brightening/hydration), just layer on a serum before that... and it should work really well with this moisturiser. I would repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Believe me when I say it pains me to have to write this - this was my HG moisturizer for over 4 years! It was light, it felt like it was quenching my skins; thirst, I even liked its fragrance (reminded me a little of rosewater!) despite no fragrance added to the product. I was using this day and night and all was well until early this year...

Starting with my forehead and then spreading to cheeks I began to notice a rash and flakiness that I never seen before. At first it was mild and I wondered if a food or drink reaction but over the months it just got worse and worse. Changed my diet, changed my skincare routine, detergent, changed everything apart from Clinique DDMG until one day (2 weeks back) I decided to use a sample of an organic moisturizer a friend had given me and give DDMG a rest for a few days. Lo and behold not immediately but over the course of 10 days or so my skin very slowly calmed down, the bumps, the redness, the flakes until now it is almost 80% cleared and getting better everyday.
The only thing that has changed in all this period is not using DDMG. My guess is that the 'Dimethicone' ingredient (2nd on ingredients list!) which is a silicone had over the years started to build up in my skin until it had reached saturation point. Tbh I feel more annoyed with myself than the product for not realizing until now what was even in its ingredients list! Talk about a 'blind purchase' lol.

Summary: For oily skin folks don't expect oil control because it doesn't do that. It lightly moisturizes anything from normal to oily skin types, but not if overly dehydrated. If you do use this don't plan on using it for many years because depending upon your skins ability to tolerate silicones, eventually at some point this product may turn from friend to foe!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 5/4/2018 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I concur with another reviewer who said this will make you look older in a week! It actually felt as though it was leaching moisture from my skin and made me look worse than If I hadn’t moisturized at all! Big disappointment and I ordered this online from Sephora so it wasn’t cheap. Pretty packaging though but useless to my combo skin.

on 4/4/2018 7:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Product is easy to use, moisturizes the skin without feeling oily. You do not have to wait long to apply primer or makeup — it sets quickly. It does not do anything for your skin tint, i.e. no redness reduction, but it moisturizes deeply. I use this for daytime, for nighttime I use the cream.

on 2/28/2018 12:30:00 PM

I received this product as a Christmas gift from a friend who knew that I always have problem finding a suitable moisturizer for my combination skin. When Clinique launched their Dramatically Different Mositurizer in GEL, she knew that I was dying to try it so she bought it for me.

I was very excited to start using it but the first time I applied it to my face, the texture felt creamy and oil base. It doesn't felt like a gel moisturizer at all. My first thought was that a company that reputable wouldn't lie. It must be gel.

30 minutes after applying it, my whole face became so oily that I could practically wiped layers of oil off it. My skin totally rejected this moisturizer. Thinking that it might have clashed with some of my other skincare products, I tried it again the next day by just applying the moisturizer alone. The same thing happened.

I headed back to the Clinique counter to feedback to the SA, hoping to get some advice. Her response? I am the ONLY customer ever to give a negative feedback on this product and that nobody had complained that the GEL moisturizer is oily. She gave me the look that I am the one trying to find fault in their product and not that their product might not be suitable for everyone afterall.

I've stopped using it since and definitely will not repurchase. For those with oily to combination skin condition, purchase and try this at your own risk.