Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.9

on 11/8/2016 10:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been using this product for over two months and absolutely love it.
I decided to buy this once the season started changing because I noticed my face getting dryer and dyer - yet still a bit oily. I actually bought this without checking any reviews, I simply tested it out and walked around the store and was satisfied. I like how nice and refreshing it feels on my face. For me it doesn't feel greasy and it feels very light. I would definitely buy this product again.

on 10/25/2016 8:12:00 PM

This moisturizer is a nice, basic, cult favorite. I much prefer the gel formula to the lotion.
The packaging is great. I love that it has a pump, doesn't break, and you can see how much product is left in the bottle.
This gel moisturizer sinks into my skin well and doesn't interfere with my makeup or other skincare. There is no irritating scent - very mild. I'm not a big fan of Clinique, but this moisturizer is one of their few products I can enjoy.
Sadly, I will not repurchase because my skin does feel like it needs more moisture after just a few hours. This does not provide continual hydration - it just gets sucked up into my skin which becomes dry quickly after.

However, this moisturizer is far from "dramatically different". To my knowledge it doesn't have any special added ingredients or benefits - other than a lightweight non-clogging moisturizer. It's nice to have a basic moisturizer. With everything on the market I think next time I'll put my money toward a moisturizer that does a little bit extra for my skin. But still, I love how this doesn't make the oily parts of my face any more oily and it definitely gets the dry parts mostly hydrated.

I hoped this would be the solution to my combo-oily skin as it is highly recommended by many. I tried the Dramatically Different lotion first quickly realizing it was too much for my skin type. Then, I tried the gel version. This gel did absolutely nothing for my skin. I would have been better off not wearing any at all. It exasturbated the drier patches on my cheeks and did not help at all with my oily t-zone. I didn't like the texture it left on my skin either. We just weren't meant to be. I guess I would suggest to completely normal skin types. I really don't know who would benefit from this.

I have dry combo skin and this was a little lacking. Its okay, nothing fantastic but i feel for the price you should get more out of it. My skin gets so dry and i apply moisturiser frequently like after i wash off my makeup i have to apply this again. I feel this is a good day time moisturiser but i think i'm gonna need something more hydrating for the night as i sleep under air conditioning.

on 10/14/2016 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My HG moisturizer. I have combination skin. My face would get oily around my T-zone area and was vary pimple-prone. After I started using this gel, I haven't had to use my oil blotting sheets since. The consistency is midway between pure gel and lotion, and it's light.

on 10/13/2016 4:13:00 AM

Firstly, I'm in my 20's and I have been hearing good reviews of this product and bought a small tube of it. I have combination sensitive skin: Oily T Zone and occasional dry skin around my cheek area. After a week or two of using this product, my forehead and nose developed small patches of clogged pores and some nasty painful pimples. I had to stop using it and I was so dissappointed because this product is expensive. For those with sensitive acne-prone oily skin, I would advise not to use this.

on 10/8/2016 10:53:00 AM

This is my holy grail moisturizer! As a person with combination skin, I find that this isn't moisturizing enough for winter nights, but is perfect for summer nights or year-round mornings. It's lightweight and absorbs into the skin very quickly. My skin feels super smooth after putting this on. It is also perfect underneath makeup as you don't have to wait forever for it to dry. Since it's a gel formula, it provides just enough moisture for the skin and isn't tacky at all. However, if you have super dry skin and is looking for something that will give your skin all the moisture, this is not the one for you.

I have oily/combo skin with dry areas around my mouth, sides of nose, and in between eyebrows. My main problem with this moisturizer is that it doesn't do the job. Upon application it feels amazing! Cool, refreshing and hydrated!! BUT, 15 min later my dry areas feel tight and in need of more hydration. Also, I notice this made my oily areas MORE OILY! Although the product helps to mattify my nose and forehead, about 2 hours later my face was over producing oil. Overall, it's not worth the high end price in my opinion if you have combination skin. I can't see this being adequate moisture for harsh New England winters. I would only recommend this for people who have normal-oily skin and live in humid warm climates.
PROS:
-PUMP! Awesome!
-lightweight
-no smell
-gentle and absorbs fast
-non-greasy on application and doesn't clog pores
-no breakouts
CONS:
-Skin feels dry 15 minutes later
-not moisturizing enough
-no spf sun protection
-made my skin produce more oils
-wasn't hydrating enough for summer, so no way it could stand a chance in winter

on 8/14/2016 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Well I had been using this gel for the past few weeks both morning and night. At first I didn't see any adverse reactions it was going on smoothly and moisturising well I thought I had found a great gel. Then my forehead started to break out previous to starting the DDMG my skin was doing really well. If I exfoliated my skin the put on the gel I would find it wasn't enough moisture my skin would still feel tight. Unfortunately I bought the large pump bottle so instead of using it on my face I'm going to use it for my neck and see how that goes. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend I have oily combo skin.

on 8/12/2016 5:38:00 PM

I bought it for the summer months as my skin gets oilier but it dried my chicks and caused breakouts in my chin and forehead. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I gave 2 lippies instead of 1 as it contains vitamin E.