CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.5

on 10/6/2018 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 6/10

This is a good moisturiser for oily skin. If you have dry skin like I do you may need to layer it with another product (I use oil on top). It sits well under makeup and isn't fragranced which is good. You get heaps of product for the price. My one complaint is that it can be hard to get the product out of the pump as it is too large to hold in the hand and pump onto the finger. That's so minor though. I have gone through a couple of these and I will continue to repurchase.

The CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is far and away much better than the original Yellow Moisturizing Lotion, which is still not quite state of the art, but at least the first few ingredients aren't just water, petroleum, and mineral oil. This Gel Version sinks into skin much better, which is probably why Clinique states that this gel version is more geared toward those with oily skin. My more detailed review video can be seen here:

on 9/22/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I buy the travel sizes at Sephora because they're cheap so the packaging down score refers to that tube packaging. It isn't that great.
DDMG is pretty good. So far it hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts. I've just finished a small travel sized tube and I'm going to repurchase. Update in one month.

The perfect moisturizing gel for summer! I have dry skin so I only use it in summer, when my skin doesn't need extra hydration.
Its really light, so is immediately absorved by the skin and don't leave that sticky feeling

on 2/1/2017 2:52:00 PM

This is a perfect moisturizer for dry skin and if you have dry patches on your face this lotion can save your life.This is pretty cute and the price is quite fair for the product

on 12/14/2016 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

nothing dramatically different about it .very ordinary overpriced moisturizer

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My HG pre-makeup moisturizer. Even though I am on the drier side and the gel is meant for combo to oily skin types, I still prefer this one over the lotion because it's more lightweight. Feels very refreshing and makes my face a smooth, flake-free canvas for makeup. It's almost like a primer for your face primer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For years I used the Dramatically Different Moisturizing cream, and it worked wonderfully on my normal -> combo sometimes angry skin. By accident, I bought the gel instead (they have deceptively similar packaging, and obviously an almost identical name) and though I'd just try it to see how it stacked up.

Compared to the cream, it feels almost medicinal instead of soothing, and the smell isn't pleasant. Not bad, but something you'd expect from a peel. Oddly, for me it didn't have half the moisturizing power that the cream did, and I ended up only using it if I was reapplying makeup more than once per day as a base layer.

The only pro is that it does dry fast, and it's an adequate first step for a makeup routine if you aren't looking for a lot of moisturizing.

Ive been using this for 5 years now and have found this to be one of the most hydrating moisturizers. It does not have a strong smell and when applied feels incredibly silky and moisturizing. I apply this before doing my makeup and it has helped with my overall makeup application and skin clarity.

on 4/24/2016 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Since Clinique isn't cruelty-free, I won't repurchase this. But the product itself is solid. It feels fresh and clean on the skin, in comparison to moisturizers that are too thick and feel greasy. The downside to this is that I can only use this in summer when I don't have problems with dryness. The rest of the year, I have to wear something a bit more moisturizing, at least when I'm in western Europe.