Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

2.0

on 7/15/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

A little disclaimer before I start: I have nasty dry skin with some lovely keratosis pilaris on my cheeks. I am VERY picky about my moisturizer and cannot speak for oily faces. Moving on...

There is one word to describe this product: meh.

I always ended up getting samples of these through the years, and I would always start using it only to realize after a week or two that nothing was really...happening. It didn't make my skin any WORSE, and my skin felt a smidge (a SMIDGE) softer, but it was still just dry, dull, and overall "meh."

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Very expensive, overrated and irritated my (admittedly very sensitive) skin. ugh. Never again. Fool me twice...you know how it goes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Maybe it's just me, but this product smells awful after a while. It doesn't work any better than a drugstore moisturizer and the yellow color freaks me out. Wasn't that hydrating at all. I'm happy I switched to the Clinique Even Better Skin Correcting Moisturizer. It's so much better than this.

on 4/6/2009 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I went to a Clinique counter looking for a good moisturizer, since I've heard good things about their skincare, and I was looking to upgrade my skincare routine.

I don't know why the salesgirl recommended this product to me, because I have fairly dry skin, and this just doesn't seem to cut it as far as moisture goes. It seems decent enough for the oilier skin on my nose and chin, but I don't really care to have to use two different moisturizers, when I could be using one more hydrating one.

I think this would probably be a good choice if you have oily or normal skin, and want *something* to moisturize, but not something overly hydrating. For those with drier skin, I think it's a skip.

on 8/3/2007 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

don't like this gel.. it feels sticky like glue and does not moisturize. in general i don't like gel beacuse they often dry out with a film, and i was taken by the 'moisturizing' in the name, but it does not work out for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This and the original formula is my HG. Though I prefer this as its much more suited for the humid weather where I am. I also discovered that both formulas are the best thing for pimples/cuts/scars. For pimples, especially when its just forming, dab a spot of it before you go to bed, and next morning the pimple is gone, or has reduced in size. The most amazing thing about this moisturizer is that if you keep applying it to the pimple in dabs, it sorta 'heals' the pimple and heres no scar or mark. Same with cuts on other parts of the body. Just dabsome on while theres a scab, and voila, couple of days and theres barely a mark.
This stuff is must have. been using this since I was 16. Even though I have switched to diff toner and cleanser.