CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

This was one of the first true skincare products I used growing up. I always found the lotion a bit too greasy as I have combination skin. It's more oily than dry but it is definitely dry around my nose and chin. The gel is perfect for me I use this daily and multiple times when I'm not wearing makeup. I love this gel because it gives me the perfect amount of moisture, This helps balance my oily and dry patches. It also leaves my skin so soft and smooth. I have never broken out from this either. The price is great so I bought the jumbo size and I like that it's affordable and hygienic,

This also makes a nice primer base, it has so many functions than just a moisturizer. I'm so happy I came back to this product.

on 11/16/2018 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really love this product. I wish it were slightly more hydrating and perhaps smelled a little less chemically. However, at the price and availability of which it is offered, it really can't be beat. It pairs well with makeup, absorbs quickly and feels hydrating. Seems to soothe my skin to some degree when heat or irritation trigger a type of rash. I cannot use the DDML because it feels too greasy. This feels quite nice and I can see that more oily complexions would really benefit from this.

It makes a great, lightweight summer moisturizer. Feels refreshing on skin is offered at very economical price points.

on 10/6/2018 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 6/10

This is a good moisturiser for oily skin. If you have dry skin like I do you may need to layer it with another product (I use oil on top). It sits well under makeup and isn't fragranced which is good. You get heaps of product for the price. My one complaint is that it can be hard to get the product out of the pump as it is too large to hold in the hand and pump onto the finger. That's so minor though. I have gone through a couple of these and I will continue to repurchase.

on 8/24/2018 2:23:00 AM

I LOVE this. I can get an oily tzone and I find that using the one for oily and combo skin moisturisers whilst keeping it matte. I don’t think it is bad value for money as it does make my skin feel so soft. I always repurchase. Would thoroughly recommend.

This is my HG moisturizer, and I end up regretting it when I stray to try something else. Anything heavier, and I’m an oil slick, anything lighter and my face is flake city. Perfect for my combination skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I received this as a gift from my friend who knew I was dipping my toes into actually taking care of my skin at an older age. She meant well.

She knew I have combination oily skin, and apparently the gel is for that type. I can't say it's a horrible product, it just isn't enough for me. It doesn't do enough to be at the price point it is.

I found myself needing to reapply it through the day. That's inconvenient and it has no other benefits.

I enjoyed the pump and the size, since I had to carry it with me. Probably a product for younger and less demanding skin. No irritation or breakouts, no obnoxious fragrance. Decent moisturizer, I have just found a better fit for me in the brand.

on 4/4/2018 7:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Product is easy to use, moisturizes the skin without feeling oily. You do not have to wait long to apply primer or makeup — it sets quickly. It does not do anything for your skin tint, i.e. no redness reduction, but it moisturizes deeply. I use this for daytime, for nighttime I use the cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My everyday daytime moisturizer. It’s efficient, doesn’t break me out, and soaks in quickly. Cons- it smells kinda weird (but that fades quickly) and it’s pretty boring. But it gets the job done well enough that I usually repurchase when I run out.

on 2/28/2018 12:30:00 PM

I received this product as a Christmas gift from a friend who knew that I always have problem finding a suitable moisturizer for my combination skin. When Clinique launched their Dramatically Different Mositurizer in GEL, she knew that I was dying to try it so she bought it for me.

I was very excited to start using it but the first time I applied it to my face, the texture felt creamy and oil base. It doesn't felt like a gel moisturizer at all. My first thought was that a company that reputable wouldn't lie. It must be gel.

30 minutes after applying it, my whole face became so oily that I could practically wiped layers of oil off it. My skin totally rejected this moisturizer. Thinking that it might have clashed with some of my other skincare products, I tried it again the next day by just applying the moisturizer alone. The same thing happened.

I headed back to the Clinique counter to feedback to the SA, hoping to get some advice. Her response? I am the ONLY customer ever to give a negative feedback on this product and that nobody had complained that the GEL moisturizer is oily. She gave me the look that I am the one trying to find fault in their product and not that their product might not be suitable for everyone afterall.

I've stopped using it since and definitely will not repurchase. For those with oily to combination skin condition, purchase and try this at your own risk.

on 2/15/2018 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, but I didn't care for the gel. It has silicone in it, which always makes me break out. The texture is nice and light. It doesn't contain fragrance, and per ounce it's very affordable. If your oily to combination, without any sensitivity to silicones, you will probably love this. I, however, prefer the DDML+, which doesn't have silicones and is more hydrating than the gel version.