Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

on 1/3/2017 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was my foray into the world of skincare (I started when I was 20 y/o—5 years ago). After just a few weeks of daily use, I noticed my oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin get smoother and more supple—that's how I knew this product worked for me. It also didn't break me out, which is always a plus!

Don't expect too much from this, though, as it doesn't have any special star ingredient or antioxidant that most moisturizers today have. It may be average compared to others, but it does what it claims to do, which is to provide all-day hydration for oily-skinned people and makes skin look fresh. I'm not sure how fast it absorbs on others, but it does take at least two minutes or more to fully absorb before I apply my sunscreen (I use this as my day moisturizer, I use a more ingredient-packed one at night)

I tried other day moisturizers after being faithful to this for 4 years, but I realized it's the only one that really smoothen my skin, which is why I decided to buy the big pump bottle this year.

HG status for me! I highly recommend it!

on 12/31/2016 4:05:00 AM

I like the gel formulation of this much better than the lotion. My skin just drinks this in, but I use it in combination with a serum or other light moisturizer as it isn't the most hydrating or plumping formula. I think it works wonderfully underneath makeup but would suggest you let it dry for at least 5 mins before applying foundation.

on 12/17/2016 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great for acne-prone skin. Very little fragrance. A container usually lasts me about a year or so, which makes the price pretty reasonable IMO, although there are cheaper alternatives for acne-prone/oily skin out there. I would recommend looking at Dr. Lin's Hydrating Gel if the price is a pain-point for you

Great product! I have acne prone skin and also very sensitive skin this product helps well with keeping it hydrated and not making my face too greasy. My only thing is this is best to use in the summer and in the winter my skin gets slightly dryer so I need a moisturiser that is a little bit more moisturising than this. Helps to keep my skin clear and does not break me out. Will definitely be buying again in the summer.

on 11/21/2016 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm really divided on how to approach this review. I'm not exactly sure how much of my experience is unique to the situation. I have sensitive, combo and acne prone skin.

After my usual facial moisturizer wasn't doing enough to help the few dry patches on my face, I decided to try another. I ended up buying this twice. At first it was great. It then didn't help completely with the dry spots, but my skin was softer and looked clearer. After the second purchase, I noticed my acne getting worse again, a lot of it with really bad clogged pores and blackheads. I have tried a few side and the same thing happens. Decent at first, then goes bad. I am under a lot of stress, I'm not understanding what's going wrong.

I think this would be good for a lot with normal to combo skin. I do think that it's a decent amount for the price. I would advise though that even though Clinique tends to cater more for skin problems, I warn those who struggle with acne.

on 10/25/2016 8:12:00 PM

This moisturizer is a nice, basic, cult favorite. I much prefer the gel formula to the lotion.
The packaging is great. I love that it has a pump, doesn't break, and you can see how much product is left in the bottle.
This gel moisturizer sinks into my skin well and doesn't interfere with my makeup or other skincare. There is no irritating scent - very mild. I'm not a big fan of Clinique, but this moisturizer is one of their few products I can enjoy.
Sadly, I will not repurchase because my skin does feel like it needs more moisture after just a few hours. This does not provide continual hydration - it just gets sucked up into my skin which becomes dry quickly after.

However, this moisturizer is far from "dramatically different". To my knowledge it doesn't have any special added ingredients or benefits - other than a lightweight non-clogging moisturizer. It's nice to have a basic moisturizer. With everything on the market I think next time I'll put my money toward a moisturizer that does a little bit extra for my skin. But still, I love how this doesn't make the oily parts of my face any more oily and it definitely gets the dry parts mostly hydrated.

on 10/24/2016 7:39:00 PM

I love this. It's perfect for morning moisturizer underneath your makeup. I've been trying many different drug store options, but I haven't been able to find anything better than this. I was hoping I could find something cheaper that works just as well. Feels great, makeup looks great (doesn't get greasy/oily face by end of day). I have somewhat oily, acne prone skin.

This is not great for a heavy duty night moisturizer or healing dry/damaged skin. But if you've got those areas covered with your night cream/oils, etc, then I highly recommend this for light moisturizing in the morning before putting makeup on.

on 10/19/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Doesn't irritate skin because its scent-free, oil-free and allergen tested... But it also doesn't do much. I find that with my oily skin, this doesn't change the level of oily-ness and can often leave my face feeling greasy. I still use it now and then, but overall I could live without it.

on 9/7/2016 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not really sure this "moisturized" at all. It's great because it won't irritate your skin or clog your pores but it really just sat on top of my skin. You also have to be cautious about what foundation you layer over this - my foundation which has some oil in it balled up on top of this like crazy.

My skin is all over the place - it can go from dry and flaky to extremely oily depending on weather and diet so I thought this would be great for me! It seems like there is a lot of silicone in this so I'd say it's more of primer for a water or silicone based foundation than a moisturizer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you're looking for an oil free moisturizer that won't mess up your skin routine then this is a great no brainer simple way to go.
It doesn't smell weird. Its gentle on skin. It comes in a sanitary pump bottle.
It doesn't irritate my skin or clog it up. Win.