Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I received this as a gift from my friend who knew I was dipping my toes into actually taking care of my skin at an older age. She meant well.

She knew I have combination oily skin, and apparently the gel is for that type. I can't say it's a horrible product, it just isn't enough for me. It doesn't do enough to be at the price point it is.

I found myself needing to reapply it through the day. That's inconvenient and it has no other benefits.

I enjoyed the pump and the size, since I had to carry it with me. Probably a product for younger and less demanding skin. No irritation or breakouts, no obnoxious fragrance. Decent moisturizer, I have just found a better fit for me in the brand.

on 4/4/2018 7:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Product is easy to use, moisturizes the skin without feeling oily. You do not have to wait long to apply primer or makeup — it sets quickly. It does not do anything for your skin tint, i.e. no redness reduction, but it moisturizes deeply. I use this for daytime, for nighttime I use the cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My everyday daytime moisturizer. It’s efficient, doesn’t break me out, and soaks in quickly. Cons- it smells kinda weird (but that fades quickly) and it’s pretty boring. But it gets the job done well enough that I usually repurchase when I run out.

on 2/28/2018 12:30:00 PM

I received this product as a Christmas gift from a friend who knew that I always have problem finding a suitable moisturizer for my combination skin. When Clinique launched their Dramatically Different Mositurizer in GEL, she knew that I was dying to try it so she bought it for me.

I was very excited to start using it but the first time I applied it to my face, the texture felt creamy and oil base. It doesn't felt like a gel moisturizer at all. My first thought was that a company that reputable wouldn't lie. It must be gel.

30 minutes after applying it, my whole face became so oily that I could practically wiped layers of oil off it. My skin totally rejected this moisturizer. Thinking that it might have clashed with some of my other skincare products, I tried it again the next day by just applying the moisturizer alone. The same thing happened.

I headed back to the Clinique counter to feedback to the SA, hoping to get some advice. Her response? I am the ONLY customer ever to give a negative feedback on this product and that nobody had complained that the GEL moisturizer is oily. She gave me the look that I am the one trying to find fault in their product and not that their product might not be suitable for everyone afterall.

I've stopped using it since and definitely will not repurchase. For those with oily to combination skin condition, purchase and try this at your own risk.

on 2/15/2018 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, but I didn't care for the gel. It has silicone in it, which always makes me break out. The texture is nice and light. It doesn't contain fragrance, and per ounce it's very affordable. If your oily to combination, without any sensitivity to silicones, you will probably love this. I, however, prefer the DDML+, which doesn't have silicones and is more hydrating than the gel version.

on 12/28/2017 11:03:00 AM

I have combination oily skin. Tried this for a week and caused me break out. Will never buy again.

on 11/5/2017 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I adore this. I've been using it in small amounts as a primer and in copious amounts as a night cream for the better part of 5 years as I've seen my skin go from quite oily to chronically dry (hello 30s!). Never breaks me out, has no smell, no white sheen or pigment. I use the squeezy bottle because I found the pump gets clogged. My only complaint.

on 6/18/2017 8:29:00 PM

Not bad. But this is not right for my skin. It makes my skin sticky when I put it on. I gave this to my friend and she loves it

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

The reason why this product did not get 5 lippies from me is because the moisturizing properties are less than most comparative products. It does go on smoothly and sinks in quickly. There is no discernible scent, which is nice since I like my moisturizers pretty neutral in that regard. This product has not caused any breakouts on my sensitive, oily skin whatsoever. I would say it's a solid, lightweight moisturizer for those who do not need something particularly rich or who do not have particularly dry skin.

on 4/14/2017 4:53:00 PM

I have used so many moisturizers. Like so so many... and I absolutely love this one! Somewhere in the past I've tried the lotion+ and I hated it. It broke me out so bad and was way to oily like on my skin. I have combination dry skin and I was an it worried that this gel formula would not be moisturizing enough on the dry areas. Surprisingly it is moisturizing enough on the dry areas. My entire skin care routine is everything Clinique and the only thing I regret is not doing so earlier. This stuff is not crazy expensive nor cheap, but a little goes a long way. It leaves my skin glowing, healthy looking and the best part is that it doesn't break me out in any area. Will definitely repurchase!