Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

on 11/28/2017 4:58:00 PM

Looking at the ingredient list...it is like big yikes! Why is even this product with old-school ingredients on Clinique line? No wonder this product does not do anything! Really do not get the hype over this product!

I have been using this for years. A very good basic moisturiser that works for my combination rosacea skin. Doesn't break me out and keeps my skin hydrated too.

ETA 2/28/18: still rocking this this is an awesome product I’m a customer for life!!! —- Original review: HG alert!!!! I'd been using the DDML for many years until the oil-free gel came out. This is the perf moisturizer for using after Clinique toner & cleanser. My skin has needed a bit of a change it'd been a little lack luster so I got cadaulie sorbet to try for the colder weather now that is winter where I live. I think Clinique has the best moisturizers esp if u want to address a specific need (e.g. This comes in cream for dry skin; DDML for normal/combo & the gel for oily/acne prone skin). The 3 step can be totally tweaked to be what's the unconventional I use 1.0 clarifying "lotion" (why do they insist on calling these lotion?!) it is alcohol free & has salicylic acid or #1 (traditionally for dry skin but is gentler than #2 less alcohol). Bar soap for acne prone skin/bar soap for oily skin, 1.0 astringent/toner for acne prone skin; & dramatically different gel (w eye depuffer) are my evday skincare HG. I was using Cliniques spot treatment for my big blemishes buy I’m using elf tea tree stick zip zapper which i cannot find in stores but is $5 off Ebay & it’s HG Too. DDMG is lightweight non greasy fast absorbed & has never broken me out. I'm just starting to experiment w other (non-DS) brands. this makes clean & clear not so good unless ur on an “extreme” budget (rubbing alcohol is $1 for a big bottle no need to buy a $5 of C&C astringents), a teen or have no Clinique counters or can't order online. I think this would be suitable for most teens skincare needs too. It is $14 for 1oz iirc & I prefer the tube packaging, it lets you get every drop out & this frugal gal wants to waste none. I've repurchased countless times I hope they never D.C. this becoz it is seriously amazing for oily skin, it's a myth that oily skin doesn't need moisturizer it just needs the right kind (something light, noncomedogenic, & oil free that won't suffocate it nor clog pores/won't exacerbate nor cause acne).

on 10/14/2016 3:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My HG moisturizer. I have combination skin. My face would get oily around my T-zone area and was vary pimple-prone. After I started using this gel, I haven't had to use my oil blotting sheets since. The consistency is midway between pure gel and lotion, and it's light.

Great moisturizer for COMBO/OILY Skin. Have been using this product daily for the last 3o days and notice a difference in my skin and my makeup stay on flawlessly.

I have used this once. It came with the cleanser, toner bundle. I have combination skin, this cream just didn't work for me. My skin felt tight after using it.

on 3/14/2016 1:03:00 AM

Used this product for about a year before deciding it did absolutely nothing for me and I was wasting my money. I can't figure out the hype on this product or the 3 step. I definitely think you can find other cleansers, lotions cheaper and show better results.

on 2/27/2016 9:30:00 PM

I have oily-combination skin and my face can get so oily it looks like I'm sweating real hard even when it's barely 20 degrees celsius and I've been sitting down all day indoors. So this gel formula is pretty much ideal for me. It absorbs quickly, is moisturising enough to use by itself in summer but it's also light enough to moisturize without leaving my skin feeling suffocated and too heavy.

While in winter, my T-zone remains oily while my skin on my cheeks and nose can get so dry they start to flake which I usually find really hard to deal with as my skin cannot take normal 'heavier' cream formulas (think Cetaphil moisturizing cream, Olay, Nivea etc.) as they are too thick/oily and end up breaking me out. So during the drier/colder months I tend slather a pump of this moisturizer over my face (T-zone mainly), and I use another separate pump mixed in with rosehip oil to control dry spots and flakiness on my cheeks and around my nose which works really well.

Honestly, since I've worked out how to use it properly in a skincare routine (currently using Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser as a makeup remover, Neutrogena Acne Face Wash, Avene Cleanance K, Trilogy Rosehip Oil, and this Clinique cream) it's been working well as it doesn't break me out at all (I'm actually on my third pump bottle of the stuff and still no breakouts), it has a very mild smell which dissipates quickly, and I can use it as a day cream (by itself before sunscreen) and a night cream (mixed in with rosehip oil) basically all year round.

As for the cons? Probably the price (50AUD) though not surprising considering Clinique has a record of price gouging the Australian market. Also the packaging, while pretty/easy to use/relatively hygienic, makes it a little difficult getting the remaining product out once you're nearly finished with the pump bottle (the pump stops working and you have to invert the bottle to scrape it out).

on 2/7/2016 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product did not work for me. It felt refreshing on my skin and it did sink in well but it dramatically irritated my eyes. This is an issue I have with most clinique products. Also for £30 I expected this product to do something more than just moisturize my face, I get the same effect from my £3 Nivea moisturizer.
I would advise people not to waste their money on this and buy a drug store moisturizer that does the same job.

on 12/18/2015 10:27:00 AM

Its ok for my combination skin