Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

on 10/14/2016 3:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My HG moisturizer. I have combination skin. My face would get oily around my T-zone area and was vary pimple-prone. After I started using this gel, I haven't had to use my oil blotting sheets since. The consistency is midway between pure gel and lotion, and it's light.

Great moisturizer for COMBO/OILY Skin. Have been using this product daily for the last 3o days and notice a difference in my skin and my makeup stay on flawlessly.

I have used this once. It came with the cleanser, toner bundle. I have combination skin, this cream just didn't work for me. My skin felt tight after using it.

on 3/14/2016 1:03:00 AM

Used this product for about a year before deciding it did absolutely nothing for me and I was wasting my money. I can't figure out the hype on this product or the 3 step. I definitely think you can find other cleansers, lotions cheaper and show better results.

on 2/27/2016 9:30:00 PM

I have oily-combination skin and my face can get so oily it looks like I'm sweating real hard even when it's barely 20 degrees celsius and I've been sitting down all day indoors. So this gel formula is pretty much ideal for me. It absorbs quickly, is moisturising enough to use by itself in summer but it's also light enough to moisturize without leaving my skin feeling suffocated and too heavy.

While in winter, my T-zone remains oily while my skin on my cheeks and nose can get so dry they start to flake which I usually find really hard to deal with as my skin cannot take normal 'heavier' cream formulas (think Cetaphil moisturizing cream, Olay, Nivea etc.) as they are too thick/oily and end up breaking me out. So during the drier/colder months I tend slather a pump of this moisturizer over my face (T-zone mainly), and I use another separate pump mixed in with rosehip oil to control dry spots and flakiness on my cheeks and around my nose which works really well.

Honestly, since I've worked out how to use it properly in a skincare routine (currently using Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser as a makeup remover, Neutrogena Acne Face Wash, Avene Cleanance K, Trilogy Rosehip Oil, and this Clinique cream) it's been working well as it doesn't break me out at all (I'm actually on my third pump bottle of the stuff and still no breakouts), it has a very mild smell which dissipates quickly, and I can use it as a day cream (by itself before sunscreen) and a night cream (mixed in with rosehip oil) basically all year round.

As for the cons? Probably the price (50AUD) though not surprising considering Clinique has a record of price gouging the Australian market. Also the packaging, while pretty/easy to use/relatively hygienic, makes it a little difficult getting the remaining product out once you're nearly finished with the pump bottle (the pump stops working and you have to invert the bottle to scrape it out).

on 2/7/2016 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product did not work for me. It felt refreshing on my skin and it did sink in well but it dramatically irritated my eyes. This is an issue I have with most clinique products. Also for £30 I expected this product to do something more than just moisturize my face, I get the same effect from my £3 Nivea moisturizer.
I would advise people not to waste their money on this and buy a drug store moisturizer that does the same job.

on 12/18/2015 10:27:00 AM

Its ok for my combination skin

on 7/15/2015 11:13:00 AM

I didn't like this at all. I naturally have very dry skin and this made it kind of greasy and I broke out across my cheekbones. I noticed small pimples appear around my jaw area after using this and was not happy at all.

on 12/14/2014 3:19:00 AM

This is a basic moisturizing gel but not moisturizing enough for my combination skin. This one did not contain mineral oil, petrolatum and lanolin alcohol like the lotion version. This moisturizer made my skin more oily yet I still had dry flaky patches. This even clogged my pores and cause breakouts. It does contain dimethicone, Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Polysilicone-11 and silica which are silicones that creates a film like plastic rap on the surface of the skin and doesn't absorb.Silicons can cause clog pores especially for oily combination skin. This did nothing has no skin care benefits. I don't recommend this or the lotion and cream version they have no skin care benefits and contain cheap ingredients. Butylene glycol that cannot be absorbed by skin, suffocates skin and clogs pores causing acne. That is also a carcinogen. Many more harmful ingredient that can cause problems like breakouts clog pores ect.... The only non irritation and non harmful ingredient is Sodium Hyaluronate that should be one of the first or second ingredients besides water but is in the middle of the ingredients. This doesn't not contain much for hydrating.

on 10/4/2014 4:16:00 PM

This is great stuff. It absorbs quickly and leaves a soft, smooth finish. This isn't quite enough moisture for my skin some days, but I will still use it and add a layer of Elta MD Intense on top. This is one of the cheaper moisturizers that can work on my combinaton/dry skin that doesn't break me out.