Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

on 4/14/2018 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily and sensitive skin, so I decided to purchase this moisturizer (the version that is meant for oily skin) in hopes that it will control my shine throughout the day with or without makeup. Unfortunately, this did no such thing for my skin. If anything it makes me feel even more oily than usual. Personally, I like when my moisturizer absorbs into my skin and this moisturizer feels like it just sits on my face. It feels like I have a layer of goop on my face. If you want something that does an ok job then this is the product for you. But for my oily skin girls definitely avoid this product.

on 4/10/2018 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a product that I have used on and off for many years. I am not sure if they have changed the formulation but it appears that it works better on my oily skin. I am not sure of dramatically different either. It is moisturizing but doesn’t do any magical work. As I am aging, I get to like this product better than before. I gave it a 4 because it is a Clinique product and like other Clinique products, it is totally safe and doesn’t cause any problems for my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as a gift from my friend who knew I was dipping my toes into actually taking care of my skin at an older age. She meant well.

She knew I have combination oily skin, and apparently the gel is for that type. I can't say it's a horrible product, it just isn't enough for me. It doesn't do enough to be at the price point it is.

I found myself needing to reapply it through the day. That's inconvenient and it has no other benefits.

I enjoyed the pump and the size, since I had to carry it with me. Probably a product for younger and less demanding skin. No irritation or breakouts, no obnoxious fragrance. Decent moisturizer, I have just found a better fit for me in the brand.

on 4/4/2018 7:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Product is easy to use, moisturizes the skin without feeling oily. You do not have to wait long to apply primer or makeup — it sets quickly. It does not do anything for your skin tint, i.e. no redness reduction, but it moisturizes deeply. I use this for daytime, for nighttime I use the cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My everyday daytime moisturizer. It’s efficient, doesn’t break me out, and soaks in quickly. Cons- it smells kinda weird (but that fades quickly) and it’s pretty boring. But it gets the job done well enough that I usually repurchase when I run out.

on 2/28/2018 12:30:00 PM

I received this product as a Christmas gift from a friend who knew that I always have problem finding a suitable moisturizer for my combination skin. When Clinique launched their Dramatically Different Mositurizer in GEL, she knew that I was dying to try it so she bought it for me.

I was very excited to start using it but the first time I applied it to my face, the texture felt creamy and oil base. It doesn't felt like a gel moisturizer at all. My first thought was that a company that reputable wouldn't lie. It must be gel.

30 minutes after applying it, my whole face became so oily that I could practically wiped layers of oil off it. My skin totally rejected this moisturizer. Thinking that it might have clashed with some of my other skincare products, I tried it again the next day by just applying the moisturizer alone. The same thing happened.

I headed back to the Clinique counter to feedback to the SA, hoping to get some advice. Her response? I am the ONLY customer ever to give a negative feedback on this product and that nobody had complained that the GEL moisturizer is oily. She gave me the look that I am the one trying to find fault in their product and not that their product might not be suitable for everyone afterall.

I've stopped using it since and definitely will not repurchase. For those with oily to combination skin condition, purchase and try this at your own risk.

on 2/27/2018 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

this product is simply good enough for my skin, due to haven't found better moisturizer yet. this moisturizer doesn't do much to my skin other than simply just to moisturize. it doesn't reduce the oil on my skin, tad bit increase the oil production but if I use the right foundation on top of it, my skin looks flawless. I would repurchase this if I still haven't found replacement for this product

on 2/15/2018 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, but I didn't care for the gel. It has silicone in it, which always makes me break out. The texture is nice and light. It doesn't contain fragrance, and per ounce it's very affordable. If your oily to combination, without any sensitivity to silicones, you will probably love this. I, however, prefer the DDML+, which doesn't have silicones and is more hydrating than the gel version.

on 2/14/2018 3:00:00 PM

I never actually bought this gel but I have tried it in a small sample size & it was just ok Bc lately I have been getting some dry patches on my face! It's just ok but still doesn't feel hydrating enough but it's sufficient I did like the scent of this! This moisturizer is definitely much better than the Ddl for dry skin! it's more appropriate for oily combo skin types! But I actually love ❤️ their old discontinued skin texture lotion from years ago when Clinique realized their ddl wasn't appropriate for oily skins I actually really miss their skin texture lotion Bc it hydrated much better & was more soothing than their new yellow gel formula! & the lotion smelled really fresh! Like chamomile tea ☕️ the gel has a similar scent but much less

on 1/3/2018 10:35:00 AM

I'm using this product for many years now and I'm still madly in love with this product. I have after cleansing a very dry skin. This gel gets rid of any discomfort. It sinks into the skin very quickly and leaves a very moisturized skin. My make up sits beautifully on my skin. Even at the end of the day, when my t-zone is quite oily, my skin feels moisturized and not greasy. I do try different moisturizers time to time, but this one really gets the job done. I use it mostly in winter, but works as good in summer. You have this gel in a bottle but als in a tube. I prefer the tube. Less weight and easier to get all the product out.