CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

on 8/24/2018 2:23:00 AM

I LOVE this. I can get an oily tzone and I find that using the one for oily and combo skin moisturisers whilst keeping it matte. I don’t think it is bad value for money as it does make my skin feel so soft. I always repurchase. Would thoroughly recommend.

This is my HG moisturizer, and I end up regretting it when I stray to try something else. Anything heavier, and I’m an oil slick, anything lighter and my face is flake city. Perfect for my combination skin!

on 11/29/2017 12:41:00 AM

Love love love! I have normal/dry skin and this is the perfect daytime moisturizer for me. It plays well with all my foundations without adding a heavy layer. I tried the lotion version and that I did not like because I felt it was too heavy. This one is perfect. I get the big size bottle and it last me about 8months maybe even longer. One pump ia enough for my whole face and the price is great. I will continue to purchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've gone through about 4-5 bottles of this stuff! Liquid gold in my sensitive combo-skin opinion !! It's just the right amount of hydration for my face for the day. I use it when I'm not wearing makeup and also under makeup as well. Sinks in fast and leaves my skin feeling soft and comfortable. No oily feeling and no sitting on my skin for a long time like other moisturizers. This probably won't hydrate dry skin as Clinique has the other formulas for that type of skin. I try to buy this at Nordstroms during the anniversary sale since they offer it in a 6.7 oz size with other skincare goodies in a set. It's an amazing deal. This will always be my go to for daytime.

on 12/31/2016 4:05:00 AM

I like the gel formulation of this much better than the lotion. My skin just drinks this in, but I use it in combination with a serum or other light moisturizer as it isn't the most hydrating or plumping formula. I think it works wonderfully underneath makeup but would suggest you let it dry for at least 5 mins before applying foundation.

ETA 2/28/18: still rocking this this is an awesome product I’m a customer for life!!! —- Original review: HG alert!!!! I'd been using the DDML for many years until the oil-free gel came out. This is the perf moisturizer for using after Clinique toner & cleanser. My skin has needed a bit of a change it'd been a little lack luster so I got cadaulie sorbet to try for the colder weather now that is winter where I live. I think Clinique has the best moisturizers esp if u want to address a specific need (e.g. This comes in cream for dry skin; DDML for normal/combo & the gel for oily/acne prone skin). The 3 step can be totally tweaked to be what's the unconventional I use 1.0 clarifying "lotion" (why do they insist on calling these lotion?!) it is alcohol free & has salicylic acid or #1 (traditionally for dry skin but is gentler than #2 less alcohol). Bar soap for acne prone skin/bar soap for oily skin, 1.0 astringent/toner for acne prone skin; & dramatically different gel (w eye depuffer) are my evday skincare HG. I was using Cliniques spot treatment for my big blemishes buy I’m using elf tea tree stick zip zapper which i cannot find in stores but is $5 off Ebay & it’s HG Too. DDMG is lightweight non greasy fast absorbed & has never broken me out. I'm just starting to experiment w other (non-DS) brands. this makes clean & clear not so good unless ur on an “extreme” budget (rubbing alcohol is $1 for a big bottle no need to buy a $5 of C&C astringents), a teen or have no Clinique counters or can't order online. I think this would be suitable for most teens skincare needs too. It is $14 for 1oz iirc & I prefer the tube packaging, it lets you get every drop out & this frugal gal wants to waste none. I've repurchased countless times I hope they never D.C. this becoz it is seriously amazing for oily skin, it's a myth that oily skin doesn't need moisturizer it just needs the right kind (something light, noncomedogenic, & oil free that won't suffocate it nor clog pores/won't exacerbate nor cause acne).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super oily skin and can never find a moisturizer that keeps my skin hydrated without causing breakouts. This is my holy grail moisturizer! I hope they never stop making it.

on 1/8/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My absolute HG. Wish I’d tried this ages ago! I have rosacea so very sensitive skin, so 99.9% of moisturisers break me out, but this doesn’t. I’m also oily, but this is the best moisturiser I’ve tried – no extra oiliness. I used Clarins Hydra Matte for years, which is also fine on my skin but is twice the price. The price for this is great for a high-end brand, and the packaging is perfect – pump bottle, plastic to not heavy, clear so can see how much left. Not sure it would be enough for dry skins, but would recommend for oily or combination as well as sensitive.

One of my favourite moisturizers of all time, this light lotion-gel from Clinique when you look at the formula actually contains a higher amount of anti-irritants and soothing agents than the original Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.

It is definitely an improved formula and after cleansing and toning really sinks in, contains no oil whatsoever. Those with combination to Oily skin will really find this valuable. Addressing skins' needs without feeling heavy or occlusive. Of course one should always experiment, so ask the Clinique consultant for a sample to make sure it suits your skin and you find it pleasing to use. The main point is that the ingredient listing is very good, so all skin types can benefit.

Highly recommend this, would repurchase this as well as the DDML +

on 9/13/2014 9:48:00 AM

I use this under foundation. It doesn't have an SPF so it works well under foundations that do have an SPF. Blends well and soaks into the skin quickly. Very gentle for sensitive skin.