Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

on 4/5/2017 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Holy Grail Facial moisturiser

This is hands down the best facial moisturiser I have ever tried for my sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. My skin type is combination dry; oily in the T- zone, slightly drier on the cheeks and very dry on the chin. Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel is my holy grail facial moisturiser. It has the perfect consistency and is fragrance free which I love. It is light weight yet provides the perfect moisture that my skin needs and sinks into my skin effortlessly upon application. I can wear this moisturiser throughout the whole day without getting greasy and it makes my face look and feel so fresh and clean. It is the perfect facial moisturiser for my sensitive skin that is acne prone due to the absence of fragrance and its light weight consistency respectively. Definately 5 thumbs up from me for this moisturiser. I am yet to find a facial moisturiser that can outperform this moisturiser. It is simply the best!

I loved it. I like the effect once you put the gel on your face. Very soothing. I just think its pricy, but worth purchasing another if i ran out

on 12/12/2014 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my HG moisturizer, I have so much love for it! I've done my fair share of experimentation when it comes to moisturizers, but I always go back to this one. It's incomparable with any moisturizers I've used.

I have combination skin. Once I've washed my face I'll use toner, followed by this moisturizer, and then some sun protector. And let me just say that this moisturizer is absolutely fantastic. Once I've put it on it I feel like my skin just absorbs the product. My skin feels clean, hydrated, smooth and super light - like I don't have anything on my face (except extreme smoothness?!). The other moisturizers that I've used always feel thick and sticky on my face, and doesn't seem to go away unless I wash my face again (which kind of beats the purpose?!).

This moisturizer also controls the oil-prone parts of my face, my t-zone area. It makes my nose and forehead so much less oily, and sometimes I don't even need to dab my t-zone with tissue to remove the oil because it really isn't necessary. And this says a lot, I think, coming from someone who doesn't use foundation and lives in a country where it's always hot and humid. I put my MAC Studio Fix powder on straight after my toner + moisturizer + sunscreen.

This moisturizer also comes in a plastic pump-type bottle, which makes it even better in my book because it's hygienic! It's pretty pricey I think, SG$60 for a 6.7oz bottle, but it lasts like at least half a year for me. And considering that it's so important to moisturize, and that this moisturizer does its job so well, I think it's worth it.

Be wise, moisturize.

on 11/13/2014 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

perfect moisturizing gel for combination to oily skin. give it a try, cant explain longer because it's just so amazing. my HG moisturizer

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Love the gel texture, excellent as my day moisturiser before the makeup routine. Lightly scrented in a very "fresh" way, easily absorbed into skin. Already have a back up as my current one is 1/4 left. Skin type Oily Combination.

I've already repurchased this thrice and I absolutely love it! I have combination skin and this product is juat perfect for my skin! It's a moisturizer that is hydrating, easily absorbs, and doesn't feel greasy and heavy.

I have used this on my combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin for about 9 years. although I've tried other brands (estee lauder, body shop, avene, etc) I continuously return to this.

- the lightweight gel is fast absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky, not shiny

- this oil-free formulation acts as a good "primer" before makeup

- suitable for all skin types and age ranges (started using it at 18, still using it at 27, my mom who's 65 have also used it for the past 10 years, after switching from DDML)
- soothes my sometimes tight, sensitive, irritated skin

- a good "carrier" for other treatments, ointments or serums e.g. if my skin is quite acne prone, i'll mix in 2 drops of tea tree oil or benzoyl peroxide. if my skin is dry, i'll mix in 2 drops of vit e oil. if my skin is lackluster, i'll mix in a pump of vit c serum. just mix it on the back of my hand and apply as usual. the effects are awesome!

I would be bitterly upset if Clinique stopped producing this. its really good. definitely worth a try if you can get a sample or small tube.

side note - I've struggled with cystic acne in my teens and Clinique's 3 step system has really helped.

This is one product from Clinique I have purchased over and over again. It provides gentle hydration for my combo skin, without being greasy or heavy. It also acts as a good primer for my foundations. I have used various hydraters and moisturizers from other lines that are geared to combo skin types and I always come back to this product. I hope Clinique doesn't change the product formulation or discontinue this fantastic lightweight moisturizer!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have always had very oily acne prone skin. Throughout my teenage I could never apply any moisturizer on my face without breaking out. I was so afraid of putting anything on my face that for years, I went without using any moisturizer. When I was 22, I got the worst cystic acne. Two years of trying every possible medication later, my dermatologist finally gave me something which cured my acne. When I was 24, I was left with dry scarred facial skin. Thats when I dared to try Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. And it changed my life! It feels like water on skin and gets absorbed very easily and does not leave behind any greasy feeling. Day after day, month after month, I started noticing drastic improvement on my face. It was like a miracle! I'm so thankful to this brand for creating such a life-saving product and I can say for sure, I will be using it for a very very long time!

on 6/6/2012 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

OMG! I have used pretty much everything that is out there in my quest for appropriate moisturisation for my very oily skin, and this, so far, has no rival.
I have been using this for just over two weeks, and the difference is amazing!
It appears a little pricey, but a little really does go a long way, so I guess it works out reasonable. Would definetely recommend.