CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

A great moisturiser if your skin is normal to slightly dry or slightly oily. It contains some really nice ingredients, is lightweight and doesn't cause me any irritation. The men's version (M-Gel Lotion) is identical and a little cheaper for those of you who want to save a little money!

Ingredients: Water Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Pentylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium Edta, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Ladies, pls,pls,pls, before u purchase this read my review. This product is not just horrible its dangerous. I applied this 3 nights ago before bed and woke up in a nightmare. Eyes swollen almost shut, face so red it looked and felt like a chemical burn, and my clear face was broke out in a severe rash with hundreds and hundreds of small bumps. Went got steroids from derm, who told me he sees alot of this same reactions all from clinique products. Still 3 days later and redness is subsiding but rash is god aweful on my face. Tested on my wrist and got same reaction. I googled this and come to find out this is happening alot and there are many people who ate trying to file complaints with, fda, and bbb on this. Allergy tested my butt. Pls be careful and i hope if only one person finds this helpful they appreciate the potential nightmare they escaped. All i wanna do is save u all the horror im living.

on 10/19/2012 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I know Clinique has developed somewhat of a bad reputation for skin care over the years and this was an impulse purchase( in the travel size) a few weeks back. It has been many years since I used Clinique, but Ive certainly tried a number of brands since (especially having worked in cosmetic dermatology and a cosmetic surgeons office). When I moved to a drier climate a year ago I started noticing that I could not get away without using a moisturizer anymore, mostly due to my RX acne topicals and less humidity. The dilemma I run into has been that as soon as I am able to moisturize the irritated dry skin, the acne comes right back and it turns into a never-ending cycle. Usually, I just choose the dried out flaky skin rather than risking more creams that cause more acne. Well, Im very impressed with this product. I waited a few weeks to review it here, and I can now report I haven't had a clogged pore or a negative result (knock on wood!) I'm pleasantly surprised and returned to the store tonight to buy the larger pump size. This is perfect for those who are older yet acne prone, needing a fairly basic moisturizer that wont cause further problems. Its funny because my husband has even noticed that my skin is more even and les red. I would definitely recommend it. Id like something with age fighting properties, but honestly I know there is only so much skin care can do for that and the more ingredients usually means more potential for problems. Anti-aging skin care can help the appearance of aging, but it is temporary. Nothing short of a surgeons knife or needle can really change things that much. I am happy I tried this.

on 8/12/2016 5:38:00 PM

I bought it for the summer months as my skin gets oilier but it dried my chicks and caused breakouts in my chin and forehead. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I gave 2 lippies instead of 1 as it contains vitamin E.

This is my new HG moisturizer. I bought it in the smallest format, just incase my skin didn't agree with it. I have great skin with no blemishes, pimples or large pores. I would like to keep it that way too. I do however have very sensitive skin that always reacts to whatever I use to moisturize it. Thank God I read all the reviews here on MUA, it comes highly recommended. I've been using it for over a week now and my skin looks flawless. It's extremely light weight, which works great for my skin. It feels weightless on and it soaks in immediately. It doesn't offer alot of moisture, just a minimal amount, keep that in mind. My face feels like silk and looks gorgeous. I highly recommend this as a very light moisturizer for sensitive skin. I will keep repurchasing this gel, it works too good for me not too !!
*UPDATE* December 25, 2007:
This still hasn't caused any breakouts BUT.......................I have to apply a ton of it even to get the slightest moisture, when I do this it dries on my face before it soaks in and forms a really weird film. I've stopped using it for a few days and gone back to Olay sensitive skin oil free lotion, hopefully it won't break me out again. With the forced air heating on all the time my usually oily skin has become quite dry. I would only recommend this gel to those of you that need the slightest moisture with extremely oily skin.

on 1/8/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My absolute HG. Wish I’d tried this ages ago! I have rosacea so very sensitive skin, so 99.9% of moisturisers break me out, but this doesn’t. I’m also oily, but this is the best moisturiser I’ve tried – no extra oiliness. I used Clarins Hydra Matte for years, which is also fine on my skin but is twice the price. The price for this is great for a high-end brand, and the packaging is perfect – pump bottle, plastic to not heavy, clear so can see how much left. Not sure it would be enough for dry skins, but would recommend for oily or combination as well as sensitive.

on 5/4/2018 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I concur with another reviewer who said this will make you look older in a week! It actually felt as though it was leaching moisture from my skin and made me look worse than If I hadn’t moisturized at all! Big disappointment and I ordered this online from Sephora so it wasn’t cheap. Pretty packaging though but useless to my combo skin.

One of my favourite moisturizers of all time, this light lotion-gel from Clinique when you look at the formula actually contains a higher amount of anti-irritants and soothing agents than the original Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.

It is definitely an improved formula and after cleansing and toning really sinks in, contains no oil whatsoever. Those with combination to Oily skin will really find this valuable. Addressing skins' needs without feeling heavy or occlusive. Of course one should always experiment, so ask the Clinique consultant for a sample to make sure it suits your skin and you find it pleasing to use. The main point is that the ingredient listing is very good, so all skin types can benefit.

Highly recommend this, would repurchase this as well as the DDML +

on 3/21/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was so glad when clinique came out with this gel version. Its so fresh and light hydrating and no strong fragrances, hypoallergenic, doesn't burn my sensitive acne prone dry skin. Not chock full of antioxidants but I have a serum for that purpose. Just an all around great moisture gel to hydrate and replenish your skin. Highly recommended from me.

This is my HG moisturizer, and I end up regretting it when I stray to try something else. Anything heavier, and I’m an oil slick, anything lighter and my face is flake city. Perfect for my combination skin!