Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

on 11/17/2002 10:15:00 PM

It's a lot lighter than the the non-oil free version, goes on really smooth and is absorbed into the skin very fast with no residue left on the face.

Only con? A little too basic when other moisturisers on the market are offering extras (eg vitamins, anti aging what-nots) packed in their products. However, being such a basic moisturiser, I think it would be fine for sensitive skins.

PS - Clinique is always advertising that its products are perfume-free, how about making the moisturiser colour-free as well?

on 2/15/2003 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My wonderful sister-in-law gave me a Clinique set for Christmas and a little sample of this was in it, and I must say I am impressed. I rarely used moisturizers before and haven't found anything good, except for this. I put it on at night and woke up in the morning with my face still perfectly soft. It helped clear up my minor acne a lot to! I never buy high-end costmetics and skin care things, but I just may have to make an exception here.

on 3/18/2003 5:00:00 AM

It is very lightweight and easily absorb into the skin. I have combination skin. However I find it not moisturizing enough for my cheeks which tend to be dry.

on 3/31/2003 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I tried the original formula but it was way too heavy for me (I have combination, very acne prone skin). Clinique SA recommended this oil free to me and I love it! This is extremely light weight and easily absorbed.

on 4/4/2003 11:44:00 AM

Great for use in summer. A lot better than the original formula.

When you use, watch out for the rather large bottle mouth. I often pour too much... thus waste too much...

on 1/2/2004 11:54:00 AM

I seem to be the minority but this is my HG moisturizer. I use Retin A and love the fact that this is a plain lotion with no add ons. i also appreciate that it is SPF free as these usually irritate my face.

on 1/28/2004 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I obtained this as a free sample and initially didn't like it because it seemed too greasy (I have oily skin). However, after I began the benzyol peroxide regimen prescribed by acne.org, my face did become dry and flaky. Then, I started using this product consistently. So far, this is the only moisturizer which doesn't create a pasty white residue when applied over a substianal amount of BP. It's penetrates well to give me a smooth finish. Now I love it. It's excellent for priming the skin for makeup (i.e. liquid foundation), which I've rediscovered as a great way to cover my dark acne spots until they fade naturally (which takes too darn long!). The packaging does need to be improved for the clear bottle, although I think it now comes w/ a pump which I have not tried yet.
Update: This review is meant for the regular non-oil version. I didn't realize there was an oil-free version...I must rush out and try it.

on 3/2/2004 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have oily and acne prone skin, and this moisturizer did nothing for me. Face felt oilier, didn't absorb well, and occasionally caused me to break out. Yuck!

on 3/24/2004 7:26:00 AM

honestly, i hate this product. i got it because the SA told me that the oil free version was better for humid weather (where i live) texture was like watery, totally gross. plus the yellow colour was just a plain turn off. makes my skin feel sticky after applying... and what's worse... i had a major skin allergy reaction after a few days using this. i will never ever try this again.

People either love or hate this product. My aunt has been using it for years, but it makes me break out and I feel like it's oily and smells badly.