Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

on 7/22/2016 6:49:00 PM

Very good moisturizer and not too expensive. I definitely prefer this gel to the cream. No fragrance.

on 7/22/2016 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have been using clinique moisturizing gel for 2 years and have not found any problem to my face so far.. I really love this moisturizer I have oily to combination skin have Tried lot of moisturizer even very expensive once but nothing help my face but since 2 years I have using this moisturizer I have seen lot of Improvement to my face keeps my face soft... and I am really happy with the product.

To Read all 1714 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/15/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

A little disclaimer before I start: I have nasty dry skin with some lovely keratosis pilaris on my cheeks. I am VERY picky about my moisturizer and cannot speak for oily faces. Moving on...

There is one word to describe this product: meh.

I always ended up getting samples of these through the years, and I would always start using it only to realize after a week or two that nothing was really...happening. It didn't make my skin any WORSE, and my skin felt a smidge (a SMIDGE) softer, but it was still just dry, dull, and overall "meh."

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For years I used the Dramatically Different Moisturizing cream, and it worked wonderfully on my normal -> combo sometimes angry skin. By accident, I bought the gel instead (they have deceptively similar packaging, and obviously an almost identical name) and though I'd just try it to see how it stacked up.

Compared to the cream, it feels almost medicinal instead of soothing, and the smell isn't pleasant. Not bad, but something you'd expect from a peel. Oddly, for me it didn't have half the moisturizing power that the cream did, and I ended up only using it if I was reapplying makeup more than once per day as a base layer.

The only pro is that it does dry fast, and it's an adequate first step for a makeup routine if you aren't looking for a lot of moisturizing.

on 7/2/2016 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think the moisturising gels are the epitome of what Clinique does best: reliable quality skincare at a reasonable price point.

I had chosen the combination to oily skin version as that best describes how my skin responds to the Dubai climate, but I don't really expect any skincare product would really change the weather for me.

The "gel" label is a bit of a gimmick as this is really just a lotion, but it is very quick absorbing which helps in the mornings when you need to slap it on and get on with the make-up.

It doesn't claim to knock 10 years or 10lbs off your face, or make you live longer or does somersaults while you sleep: it just a reliable moisturiser and a dependable staple.

on 6/16/2016 8:00:00 PM

This is my HG moisturizer. I have normal/oily skin (the t zone is very oily, the rest of my face is normal) and this gel is all I need. I use it twice a day, after cleansing with Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean cleanser for combination skin and a quick toning with Witch Hazel. My foundation, (Estee Lauder double wear) goes on smoothly and never gets shiny during the day.

on 6/14/2016 10:00:00 AM

just okay.

i have combination skin that is primarily oily but tends to dry out around my mouth and eyebrows. had to mix this with an oil to combat that dryness effectively, or else use too much product. at the same time, the more oily parts of my face felt a touch filmy after using this. the part of the experience i am least satisfied w is the finish; i feel like it doesn't absorb evenly and looks shiny and strange.

pretty modest pricewise, but i'd rather pay more for a better result.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

very hydrating, but I've repeatedly found that when I wear this a few days in a row I get some pimples. this isn't for me.

on 6/13/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Its too light..its good for oily skin as it dsnt actually add up any more extra oil..but i actually dont feel any moisturization

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really didn't like this as I thought it made my skin somehow oilier but now I realise it's the alcohol in other products and harsh cleansers that was making me oily. I now use this after the redness solutions soothing cleanser and that combination has made my skin amazing so I'm now in love :D