Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I bought this product just before going on the accutane treatment so i haven't used it in awhile, having to use a heavier moisturizer while on this treatment. But while i was using it and had far oilier skin it was almost perfect. The gel felt far better than a cream - which is a great idea because moisturizing cream (even for oily/combination skin) felt terrible on top of oily skin, greasy, slimy ect. It sinks into your skin fast and didn't look shiny afterwards. If you have oily to combination skin i think this'd be really good for you.

I have oily/combo skin with dry areas around my mouth, sides of nose, and in between eyebrows. My main problem with this moisturizer is that it doesn't do the job. Upon application it feels amazing! Cool, refreshing and hydrated!! BUT, 15 min later my dry areas feel tight and in need of more hydration. Also, I notice this made my oily areas MORE OILY! Although the product helps to mattify my nose and forehead, about 2 hours later my face was over producing oil. Overall, it's not worth the high end price in my opinion if you have combination skin. I can't see this being adequate moisture for harsh New England winters. I would only recommend this for people who have normal-oily skin and live in humid warm climates.
PROS:
-PUMP! Awesome!
-lightweight
-no smell
-gentle and absorbs fast
-non-greasy on application and doesn't clog pores
-no breakouts
CONS:
-Skin feels dry 15 minutes later
-not moisturizing enough
-no spf sun protection
-made my skin produce more oils
-wasn't hydrating enough for summer, so no way it could stand a chance in winter

To Read all 1717 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/14/2016 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Well I had been using this gel for the past few weeks both morning and night. At first I didn't see any adverse reactions it was going on smoothly and moisturising well I thought I had found a great gel. Then my forehead started to break out previous to starting the DDMG my skin was doing really well. If I exfoliated my skin the put on the gel I would find it wasn't enough moisture my skin would still feel tight. Unfortunately I bought the large pump bottle so instead of using it on my face I'm going to use it for my neck and see how that goes. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend I have oily combo skin.

on 8/12/2016 5:38:00 PM

I bought it for the summer months as my skin gets oilier but it dried my chicks and caused breakouts in my chin and forehead. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I gave 2 lippies instead of 1 as it contains vitamin E.

on 7/22/2016 6:49:00 PM

Very good moisturizer and not too expensive. I definitely prefer this gel to the cream. No fragrance.

on 7/22/2016 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have been using clinique moisturizing gel for 2 years and have not found any problem to my face so far.. I really love this moisturizer I have oily to combination skin have Tried lot of moisturizer even very expensive once but nothing help my face but since 2 years I have using this moisturizer I have seen lot of Improvement to my face keeps my face soft... and I am really happy with the product.

on 7/15/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

A little disclaimer before I start: I have nasty dry skin with some lovely keratosis pilaris on my cheeks. I am VERY picky about my moisturizer and cannot speak for oily faces. Moving on...

There is one word to describe this product: meh.

I always ended up getting samples of these through the years, and I would always start using it only to realize after a week or two that nothing was really...happening. It didn't make my skin any WORSE, and my skin felt a smidge (a SMIDGE) softer, but it was still just dry, dull, and overall "meh."

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For years I used the Dramatically Different Moisturizing cream, and it worked wonderfully on my normal -> combo sometimes angry skin. By accident, I bought the gel instead (they have deceptively similar packaging, and obviously an almost identical name) and though I'd just try it to see how it stacked up.

Compared to the cream, it feels almost medicinal instead of soothing, and the smell isn't pleasant. Not bad, but something you'd expect from a peel. Oddly, for me it didn't have half the moisturizing power that the cream did, and I ended up only using it if I was reapplying makeup more than once per day as a base layer.

The only pro is that it does dry fast, and it's an adequate first step for a makeup routine if you aren't looking for a lot of moisturizing.

on 7/2/2016 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think the moisturising gels are the epitome of what Clinique does best: reliable quality skincare at a reasonable price point.

I had chosen the combination to oily skin version as that best describes how my skin responds to the Dubai climate, but I don't really expect any skincare product would really change the weather for me.

The "gel" label is a bit of a gimmick as this is really just a lotion, but it is very quick absorbing which helps in the mornings when you need to slap it on and get on with the make-up.

It doesn't claim to knock 10 years or 10lbs off your face, or make you live longer or does somersaults while you sleep: it just a reliable moisturiser and a dependable staple.

on 6/16/2016 8:00:00 PM

This is my HG moisturizer. I have normal/oily skin (the t zone is very oily, the rest of my face is normal) and this gel is all I need. I use it twice a day, after cleansing with Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean cleanser for combination skin and a quick toning with Witch Hazel. My foundation, (Estee Lauder double wear) goes on smoothly and never gets shiny during the day.