Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

on 12/31/2016 4:05:00 AM

I like the gel formulation of this much better than the lotion. My skin just drinks this in, but I use it in combination with a serum or other light moisturizer as it isn't the most hydrating or plumping formula. I think it works wonderfully underneath makeup but would suggest you let it dry for at least 5 mins before applying foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG alert!!!! I'd been using the DDML for many years until the oil-free gel came out. This is the perf moisturizer for using after Clinique toner & cleanser. My skin has needed a bit of a change it'd been a little lack luster so I got cadaulie sorbet to try for the colder weather now that is winter where I live. I think Clinique has the best moisturizers esp if u want to address a specific need (e.g. This comes in cream for dry skin; DDML for normal/combo & the gel for oily/acne prone skin). The 3 step can be totally tweaked to be what's the unconventional I use 1.0 clarifying "lotion" (why do they insist on calling these lotion?!) it is alcohol free & has salicylic acid or #1 (traditionally for dry skin but is gentler than #2 less alcohol). Liquid soap for oily skin, bar soap for oily skin, 1.0 astringent & dramatically different gel (w eye depuffer) are my evday skincare HG. DDMG is lightweight non greasy fast absorbed & has never broken me out. I'm just starting to experiment w other (non-DS) brands. this makes clean & clear not so good unless ur on an extreme budget, a teen or have no Clinique counters or can't order online. I think this would be suitable for most teens skincare needs too. It is $14 for 1oz iirc & I prefer the tube packaging, it lets you get every drop out & this frugal gal wants to waste none. I've repurchased countless times I hope they never D.C. this becoz it is seriously amazing for oily skin, it's a myth that oily skin doesn't need moisturizer it just needs the right kind (something light, noncomedogenic, & oil free that won't suffocate it nor clog pores/won't exacerbate nor cause acne).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super oily skin and can never find a moisturizer that keeps my skin hydrated without causing breakouts. This is my holy grail moisturizer! I hope they never stop making it.

on 9/7/2016 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not really sure this "moisturized" at all. It's great because it won't irritate your skin or clog your pores but it really just sat on top of my skin. You also have to be cautious about what foundation you layer over this - my foundation which has some oil in it balled up on top of this like crazy.

My skin is all over the place - it can go from dry and flaky to extremely oily depending on weather and diet so I thought this would be great for me! It seems like there is a lot of silicone in this so I'd say it's more of primer for a water or silicone based foundation than a moisturizer.

on 8/12/2016 5:38:00 PM

I bought it for the summer months as my skin gets oilier but it dried my chicks and caused breakouts in my chin and forehead. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I gave 2 lippies instead of 1 as it contains vitamin E.

on 5/1/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Have combination skin with occasional breakouts (in my 30s veering towards oily).

Use this day and night and did not break me out inspite of me using a serum and sunscreen with it in the morning and essence, serum in the evening.

initially feels heavy but disappears in a few seconds. is an important element of skincare for combination / oily skins as this skin type needs moisture.

Is indeed oil and fragrance free and would definitely purchase again.

Update after 2 months of usage: Too oily if you live in a hot / humid country and are struggling with acne prone skin. I actually went back to using Kiehls gel but use this once in a while when I need extra hydration.

I do not use this anymore as my skin concerns have changed. It did use this for years and found it to be a really good moisturizer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product

on 1/8/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My absolute HG. Wish I’d tried this ages ago! I have rosacea so very sensitive skin, so 99.9% of moisturisers break me out, but this doesn’t. I’m also oily, but this is the best moisturiser I’ve tried – no extra oiliness. I used Clarins Hydra Matte for years, which is also fine on my skin but is twice the price. The price for this is great for a high-end brand, and the packaging is perfect – pump bottle, plastic to not heavy, clear so can see how much left. Not sure it would be enough for dry skins, but would recommend for oily or combination as well as sensitive.

on 11/1/2015 7:44:00 AM

Clinique should give this moisturizing gel a different name because this doesn't feel the same as the lotion. I was skeptical to try it for the longest time because of its name. I break out using the lotion. This gel is completely different upon application. It's light and feels clean on the skin. It moisturizing enough on my combination/oily skin. I wish it has spf but that would mean the formula would change. Great for night time because I get oily too while sleeping.