Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

on 10/7/2017 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, but I didn't care for the gel. It has silicone in it, which always makes me break out. The texture is nice and light. It doesn't contain fragrance, and per ounce it's very affordable. If your oily to combination, without any sensitivity to silicones, you will probably love this. I, however, prefer the DDML+, which doesn't have silicones and is more hydrating than the gel version.

on 9/22/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I buy the travel sizes at Sephora because they're cheap so the packaging down score refers to that tube packaging. It isn't that great.
DDMG is pretty good. So far it hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts. I've just finished a small travel sized tube and I'm going to repurchase. Update in one month.

I have been using this for years. A very good basic moisturiser that works for my combination rosacea skin. Doesn't break me out and keeps my skin hydrated too.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've gone through about 4-5 bottles of this stuff! Liquid gold in my sensitive combo-skin opinion !! It's just the right amount of hydration for my face for the day. I use it when I'm not wearing makeup and also under makeup as well. Sinks in fast and leaves my skin feeling soft and comfortable. No oily feeling and no sitting on my skin for a long time like other moisturizers. This probably won't hydrate dry skin as Clinique has the other formulas for that type of skin. I try to buy this at Nordstroms during the anniversary sale since they offer it in a 6.7 oz size with other skincare goodies in a set. It's an amazing deal. This will always be my go to for daytime.

on 12/31/2016 4:05:00 AM

I like the gel formulation of this much better than the lotion. My skin just drinks this in, but I use it in combination with a serum or other light moisturizer as it isn't the most hydrating or plumping formula. I think it works wonderfully underneath makeup but would suggest you let it dry for at least 5 mins before applying foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG alert!!!! I'd been using the DDML for many years until the oil-free gel came out. This is the perf moisturizer for using after Clinique toner & cleanser. My skin has needed a bit of a change it'd been a little lack luster so I got cadaulie sorbet to try for the colder weather now that is winter where I live. I think Clinique has the best moisturizers esp if u want to address a specific need (e.g. This comes in cream for dry skin; DDML for normal/combo & the gel for oily/acne prone skin). The 3 step can be totally tweaked to be what's the unconventional I use 1.0 clarifying "lotion" (why do they insist on calling these lotion?!) it is alcohol free & has salicylic acid or #1 (traditionally for dry skin but is gentler than #2 less alcohol). Liquid soap for oily skin, bar soap for oily skin, 1.0 astringent & dramatically different gel (w eye depuffer) are my evday skincare HG. DDMG is lightweight non greasy fast absorbed & has never broken me out. I'm just starting to experiment w other (non-DS) brands. this makes clean & clear not so good unless ur on an extreme budget, a teen or have no Clinique counters or can't order online. I think this would be suitable for most teens skincare needs too. It is $14 for 1oz iirc & I prefer the tube packaging, it lets you get every drop out & this frugal gal wants to waste none. I've repurchased countless times I hope they never D.C. this becoz it is seriously amazing for oily skin, it's a myth that oily skin doesn't need moisturizer it just needs the right kind (something light, noncomedogenic, & oil free that won't suffocate it nor clog pores/won't exacerbate nor cause acne).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super oily skin and can never find a moisturizer that keeps my skin hydrated without causing breakouts. This is my holy grail moisturizer! I hope they never stop making it.

on 9/7/2016 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not really sure this "moisturized" at all. It's great because it won't irritate your skin or clog your pores but it really just sat on top of my skin. You also have to be cautious about what foundation you layer over this - my foundation which has some oil in it balled up on top of this like crazy.

My skin is all over the place - it can go from dry and flaky to extremely oily depending on weather and diet so I thought this would be great for me! It seems like there is a lot of silicone in this so I'd say it's more of primer for a water or silicone based foundation than a moisturizer.

on 8/12/2016 5:38:00 PM

I bought it for the summer months as my skin gets oilier but it dried my chicks and caused breakouts in my chin and forehead. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I gave 2 lippies instead of 1 as it contains vitamin E.

on 5/1/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Have combination skin with occasional breakouts (in my 30s veering towards oily).

Use this day and night and did not break me out inspite of me using a serum and sunscreen with it in the morning and essence, serum in the evening.

initially feels heavy but disappears in a few seconds. is an important element of skincare for combination / oily skins as this skin type needs moisture.

Is indeed oil and fragrance free and would definitely purchase again.

Update after 2 months of usage: Too oily if you live in a hot / humid country and are struggling with acne prone skin. I actually went back to using Kiehls gel but use this once in a while when I need extra hydration.