Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.9

on 11/24/2016 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was surprised on how heavy it felt on my skin it was supposed to be a gel right? So I decided to just apply this at night. IMHO this is overrated. Nothing special I didnt breakout like crazy there were some zits which was pretty normal for me but other than that I couldnt really see any difference. But one thing's for sure I like applying this after I have thoroughly scrubbed/cleansed my face. The thickness of the product moisturizes my skin well. Will not buy again unless given as a gift.

on 11/8/2016 10:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been using this product for over two months and absolutely love it.
I decided to buy this once the season started changing because I noticed my face getting dryer and dyer - yet still a bit oily. I actually bought this without checking any reviews, I simply tested it out and walked around the store and was satisfied. I like how nice and refreshing it feels on my face. For me it doesn't feel greasy and it feels very light. I would definitely buy this product again.

on 10/24/2016 7:39:00 PM

I love this. It's perfect for morning moisturizer underneath your makeup. I've been trying many different drug store options, but I haven't been able to find anything better than this. I was hoping I could find something cheaper that works just as well. Feels great, makeup looks great (doesn't get greasy/oily face by end of day). I have somewhat oily, acne prone skin.

This is not great for a heavy duty night moisturizer or healing dry/damaged skin. But if you've got those areas covered with your night cream/oils, etc, then I highly recommend this for light moisturizing in the morning before putting makeup on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The one and only moisturizer that works on my sensitive oily and acne prone skin. I've been using this for more then 10 years now - I tried the other brand from high end to drugstore but I always come back to this one. It doesn't cause any breakouts, absorbs almost instantly and most importantly it keeps the moisture intact especially on my oily skin. With the right skincare routines - I believe, my skin now is getting better, healthier and hardly get breakouts. Some hormonal acne once in a blue moon probably due to my diet or menstrual circle, but it's totally normal and not serious - I noticed if I have breakouts due to the mentioned reasons, it's usually gone within 24 hours or 2 days, max.

Recommended as 3-Steps program by Clinique, I actually pair this moisturizer with Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash or Alpha-H Triple Action Action Cleanser for the first step (alternately use, depends on my mood and skin condition; Alpha-H usually works effectively during breakout days) which is a non-foaming, non-detergent and soapless cleanser that does not stripping my natural oil. And as for the step 2, I prefer the Mild Clarifying Lotion which is now has been discontinued - I managed to stocked up for 1 more year of usage. Still looking for a substitute of the Mild Clarifying Lotion.

Took 1 lippie due to the selling price in Malaysia - actually not a pricey investment since my skin is now getting better, 125ml bottle could last 5-6 months. After all, you only have one skin and it's gonna be with you forever.

Great moisturizer for COMBO/OILY Skin. Have been using this product daily for the last 3o days and notice a difference in my skin and my makeup stay on flawlessly.

on 7/2/2016 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think the moisturising gels are the epitome of what Clinique does best: reliable quality skincare at a reasonable price point.

I had chosen the combination to oily skin version as that best describes how my skin responds to the Dubai climate, but I don't really expect any skincare product would really change the weather for me.

The "gel" label is a bit of a gimmick as this is really just a lotion, but it is very quick absorbing which helps in the mornings when you need to slap it on and get on with the make-up.

It doesn't claim to knock 10 years or 10lbs off your face, or make you live longer or does somersaults while you sleep: it just a reliable moisturiser and a dependable staple.

Ive been using this for 5 years now and have found this to be one of the most hydrating moisturizers. It does not have a strong smell and when applied feels incredibly silky and moisturizing. I apply this before doing my makeup and it has helped with my overall makeup application and skin clarity.

on 5/9/2016 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin: Combination/dehydrated, oily t-zone, sometimes dry cheeks/mouth area. Clog-prone, can be irritated by fragrance/sunscreen filters.

Why I chose this: I love the light texture and thought it would be ideal for humid weather, like that it has no SPF or fragrance/essential oils. I use and like a few Clinique products mainly MS Overnight Mask and MS Extended Thirst Relief gel-creme. Tried sample a few times, finally bought the tube several months ago.

Review: I really wanted to love this - it seems like it would be perfect for my skintype. I used about 2 drops applied over my usual essence or toner (Missha First Treatment Essence, PC's MoistureBoost or Earth-Sourced) . But unfortunately it just sank in and seemed to do nothing at all. No added hydration, no healthy supple skin look or feel. No improvement in anything really. It was basically like I had applied a water-y primer or serum. It's just not enough for me. Even in hot humid weather I felt that my skin would become dry within two hours if this was my last step. . .and the days I used it before work sure enough I had dry skin and tight feeling cheeks by the afternoon. I'm trying to use it up as a sort of primer/gel in the t-zone only, or to dilute foundations for now. Adding a few drops of oil (I like avocado, or jojoba) helps to offset the dryness this gel seems to cause for my skin. On the plus side it does work great for diluting foundations or even to apply over foundations to sheer them out.

Repurchase/Recommend? I wouldn't buy this for myself again but might rec for truly oily skin that needs a really light moisturiser and doesn't breakout from the ingredients.

For those with combination dehydrated skin looking for something that is lightweight yet hydrating I love Innisfree's Moisture Firming Lotion, absorbs fast, thin and silky without the silicone feel and makes a perfect base for make-up.

I have used this once. It came with the cleanser, toner bundle. I have combination skin, this cream just didn't work for me. My skin felt tight after using it.

on 4/24/2016 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Since Clinique isn't cruelty-free, I won't repurchase this. But the product itself is solid. It feels fresh and clean on the skin, in comparison to moisturizers that are too thick and feel greasy. The downside to this is that I can only use this in summer when I don't have problems with dryness. The rest of the year, I have to wear something a bit more moisturizing, at least when I'm in western Europe.