Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Filtered by eye Color : Black age: 25-29
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

For me, this product does not work at all. It was such a waste of money (and time). It caused me to break out heavily just after a day of application. I thought it would be gone if I kept using it, but the acne just went worse than ever. So I finally stopped using it after a month. But I guess it's just because of my skin condition. Most of the products I put on my face will either cause me to break out or trigger my eczema and psoriasis.

on 4/5/2017 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Holy Grail Facial moisturiser

This is hands down the best facial moisturiser I have ever tried for my sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. My skin type is combination dry; oily in the T- zone, slightly drier on the cheeks and very dry on the chin. Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel is my holy grail facial moisturiser. It has the perfect consistency and is fragrance free which I love. It is light weight yet provides the perfect moisture that my skin needs and sinks into my skin effortlessly upon application. I can wear this moisturiser throughout the whole day without getting greasy and it makes my face look and feel so fresh and clean. It is the perfect facial moisturiser for my sensitive skin that is acne prone due to the absence of fragrance and its light weight consistency respectively. Definately 5 thumbs up from me for this moisturiser. I am yet to find a facial moisturiser that can outperform this moisturiser. It is simply the best!

I loved it. I like the effect once you put the gel on your face. Very soothing. I just think its pricy, but worth purchasing another if i ran out

on 11/22/2015 9:09:00 AM

Makes me breakout. Not moisturizing at all for ne.

on 12/14/2014 3:19:00 AM

This is a basic moisturizing gel but not moisturizing enough for my combination skin. This one did not contain mineral oil, petrolatum and lanolin alcohol like the lotion version. This moisturizer made my skin more oily yet I still had dry flaky patches. This even clogged my pores and cause breakouts. It does contain dimethicone, Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Polysilicone-11 and silica which are silicones that creates a film like plastic rap on the surface of the skin and doesn't absorb.Silicons can cause clog pores especially for oily combination skin. This did nothing has no skin care benefits. I don't recommend this or the lotion and cream version they have no skin care benefits and contain cheap ingredients. Butylene glycol that cannot be absorbed by skin, suffocates skin and clogs pores causing acne. That is also a carcinogen. Many more harmful ingredient that can cause problems like breakouts clog pores ect.... The only non irritation and non harmful ingredient is Sodium Hyaluronate that should be one of the first or second ingredients besides water but is in the middle of the ingredients. This doesn't not contain much for hydrating.

on 7/3/2014 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have very dry skin and this really moisturizes my skin. I like how it moisturizes my skin without making my skin feel oily. The price is high though and I need to purchase frequently.

on 1/8/2014 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I forgot to bring moisturizer on a weekend trip but thankfully found a sample of this from Sephora in my bag. In a word, I was underwhelmed. It wasn't a BAD product, but it was quite light and provided BARELY enough hydration even for my oily skin. (It didn't help that this was winter time and anyone's skin needs more hydration.) I do like the texture though - it is a opaque, faintly yellow gel that absorbs quickly and leaves no residue on your skin. It also sits well under makeup and has no noticeable scent. All in all, it's a simple, no-strings-attached moisturizer.

However, due to the very low amount of hydration it provides, I kept feeling like my skin was dry and kept layering and layering more of this product on as the day went by. I think my oily but dehydrated skin really needs something heavier to offset oil production and keep flakes at bay.

i have been using this product for about 6 months. am close to finishing up this bottle and have just purchased another bottle last week.

what i love about this product is that it does not clog my pores and does not suffocate my skin even though i live in the hot and humid tropics.

it really helps keep my skin moisturised when i'm in the air-conditioned office for more than 10 hours. without it, my skin will really produce a lot of sebum. but my skin is not glowing though, it is still more on the dry side (i suspect i'm not doing enough skincare....)

the pump works great as it dispenses just enough moisturiser for my face and does not cause wastage. the bottle is light and crack proof (kinda like rubbery plastic), and great for me as i'm quite careless with my things.

i like its clean smell (not heavy with fragrance) and texture. one thing is that it does not spread easy on my drier skin, so normally i will rub it in my face after it is wet from toner to help with the spreading.

i use this with simple deep cleansing facial wash and the simple toner, which i have left reviews as well.

I have used this on my combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin for about 9 years. although I've tried other brands (estee lauder, body shop, avene, etc) I continuously return to this.

- the lightweight gel is fast absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky, not shiny

- this oil-free formulation acts as a good "primer" before makeup

- suitable for all skin types and age ranges (started using it at 18, still using it at 27, my mom who's 65 have also used it for the past 10 years, after switching from DDML)
- soothes my sometimes tight, sensitive, irritated skin

- a good "carrier" for other treatments, ointments or serums e.g. if my skin is quite acne prone, i'll mix in 2 drops of tea tree oil or benzoyl peroxide. if my skin is dry, i'll mix in 2 drops of vit e oil. if my skin is lackluster, i'll mix in a pump of vit c serum. just mix it on the back of my hand and apply as usual. the effects are awesome!

I would be bitterly upset if Clinique stopped producing this. its really good. definitely worth a try if you can get a sample or small tube.

side note - I've struggled with cystic acne in my teens and Clinique's 3 step system has really helped.

on 5/23/2013 10:06:00 PM

I have used several bottle of this. Very nice product for oil/combined skin