Redken Extreme Shampoo [REFORMULATED]

Redken Extreme Shampoo [REFORMULATED]

3.6

Water, tea-lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocamide mipa, sodium lactate, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, hydroxystearyl cetyl ether, salicylic acid, benzoic acid, methylparaben,linileamidopropyl pg-dimonium chloride phosphate dimethicone, propylene glycol, butylparaben, ethylparaben, hydrolyzed wheat protein, lactic acid, benzyl benzoae, limonene, isobutylparaben propylparaben, arginine hci, taurine, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, oleth-10, disodium cocoamphodipropionate, lecithin, hydrolyzed wheat starch, behentrimonium methosulfate, phosphoric acid, trehalose, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, quaternium-33, phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really don't know how I feel about this shampoo and conditioner... I have fine hair with very dry, split ends from 5 previous dye jobs which I am currently growing out. The ends are so fine and dry that they just break off. I thought my hair needed some protein to stop the breakage, and I love Redken products so I went and bought this, but this in combination with the conditioner really hasn't done anything. I've just finished my second bottle and I won't be repurchasing. It smells good and it lathers nicely, but I feel like it may have even made my hair more dry and brittle, crunchy even. I mean I guess it makes it feel better than some cheap, nasty stuff would but I really have not noticed any difference. Maybe it's just my hair type or something... Is it possible that the protein could actually be making my hair more dry and crunchy..? Because I've heard this can happen. I've changed to their All Soft shampoo and conditioner and I'm just going to grow it out until I can cut off all the dry ends, they're driving me mad! Protein clearly isn't having much of an effect on reducing the breakage.

on 4/26/2018 11:22:00 PM

As someone with dry, damaged hair, I was very excited to try this shampoo out. My expectations were high because of the price, but honestly it's pretty much just repackaged drugstore shampoo. I;ve been using this shampoo for about 2 months now, and I have seen some reuslts. My dryness used to be visable, like my hair looked frizzy and had that damaged, messy look, and thankfuly that is gone. However, I still have breakage and get a lot of split ends for a product that practically ensures against that. I've used Pantene, Loreal, Tresemme, ect, and this shampoo is no better at all. Unless you're willing to spend the extra money and really want a change in hair care, you're not missing out on anything special with this shampoo.

on 6/2/2017 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got my hair cut at the salon and the stylist recommended I buy this shampoo and conditioner bc she noticed my hair was brittle, breaking, and shedding a whole lot. I decided to give it a shot and got suckered into purchasing this line at the salon. I really wanted to love this shampoo and conditioner, and have been using it for 1 month. My hair has been breaking even more, shedding is still there, and my hair gets greasy a couple hours after washing. It leaves behind a waxy residue, which eliminates any shine or luster to my hair and weighs my pin straight hair down soooooo much. I already have a greasy scalp and this stuff just amplifies that....It smells nice, but trust me you won't notice it after you shower. For the price and what it claims to do for your hair, this stuff sucks to be frank. I used Sauve and my hair never got this nasty, flat, or weighed down and Sauve has to be one of the cheapest shampoos on the market. Will not buy again, and will be giving the rest of it to a friend hoping it works for them.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is so overhyped and overrated. I have used it for 4 weeka and get no positive result what so ever. My hair is flat and hopeless. Just like it was before I started the treatment. I am going back to my shwarzkopf schampoo and save my money. From now on I will pay for the product, not for the brand!!!
Boooo!!!!!

on 1/27/2014 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I normally use all soft by Redken but decided my hair needed more damage control and this was not the cure!!!!!! I washed my hair with this and used my normal conditioner and my hair was a complete frizzy mess. I couldn't take it. This shampoo caused more dryness and knots....yuck!

on 3/1/2011 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE this shampoo been useing it for a year now, i permed my curly hair straight -____- breaking falling out i turned to the extreme line and it saved my life i felt the strength emidietly i winn NEVERR stop useing this :)

on 2/2/2011 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've used this shampoo since the early days in the middle of the 80'ies; back then it came in a tube, the shampoo was red like hell and smelled like a strawberryfield gone crazy- but it worked with my fine, scandinavian hair and it still works; it has changed scent, color and packaging quite a few times, but it's still the same faithfull old friend to my hair as 25 years ago. Lot of criticism about the missing lather - it was constructed that way by purpose - the hair feels more crisp when washed and thats the trick for fine hair- it does never ever clash. Loooove it!

on 11/23/2010 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the smell! It smells just like Tootsie Rolls, oddly enough. This shampoo and conditioner combination is really nice on damaged hair, and is my current favorite. I wouldn't say 'HG', but it has saved my hair the most out of all shampoo/conditioner products I have tried so far. I will repurchase.

on 6/19/2010 3:08:00 PM

I tried this shampoo after hearing raves from friends and reading MUA reviews...it doesn't disappoint! I have fairly damaged, fine, highlighted hair and this adds some extra body and strength to it when I use it once a week (since it contains protein and I use a moisturizing shampoo the other days I wash my hair). If you're looking for a shampoo that will make your hair easier to manage for the day, this is the right one. Love it!

Love the smell of this, and the fact that it makes my wavy blonde page full and shiny is not bad either :-) I just love this product. Hair can feel a bit coarse after rinsing, but the conditioner makes it soft and managable.