Stila Chinois Eyeshadow

Stila Chinois Eyeshadow

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't think this is available as a single shadow any more but I've got 2 pans of it in 2 different palettes and is such a perfect shade for inclusion in a palette. As others have stated, it's a great matte highlighter and I like it as an all over colour, lashes to brow-bone, to give an even coloured based for applying shadows. This is also one of those great, quick shadows for a bright-eyed but natural daytime look, with something subtle like Stila Puppy blended into the crease for a bit of contour/definition. Chinois is one of those basic shades that just about everyone needs.

on 12/6/2015 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is powdery in the pan but fine when applied. I love how smoothly it blends out. Because it's close to my skin tone, I use it to lighten mistakes and blends colours out. I also use it over NYX jumbo pencil in milk as a highlight.

I wish it were less yellow, but that's all. NW 15/20 soft summer

on 11/16/2010 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a great matte highlight colour. It's very neutral, just kinda off white so it's great for any pale to light skintones. The texture is very soft and blendable. Love it!

on 11/2/2010 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great color to blend out any harsh crease if you are an NC25 color or lighter. It is the perfect color to blend out or to even out any veins or any other discoloration on your lids. Out of all the colors that I have, I use this the most b/c it really does the best job of blending out any harsh lines or for a very natural highlight/ brow bone color. The chonois color was featured in my Grey Look quad that was in a Stila palette from Costco that was well worth the $20 that I spent when a $18 is the typical cost of a standard Stila e/s. Since this e/s is so versatile I would def pay full price esp considering that it is not overly powdery & also not so soft that you get a lot of fall out or completely disappears into the skin. Like i said, if you are an NC 25 or lighter this e/s would def work as a color that might not necessarily be obvious on the skin but would def work as a color that can blend other colors or as a color that can even out skin tine. It has def saved me more than once to even out or lighten out e/s colors that i have used a bit too generously. This is kind of an "undo" e/s for me. It has the ability to erase anything that I might have overdone without changing the color or the texture of any other e/s

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a great basic, off white matte eyeshadow. The formula is velvety and it doesn't crease easily, even without primer. I find myself reaching for this color often, since it makes a great lid color by itself (if I'm in a hurry) or with another color in the crease. I also use Chinois as a matte highlighter sometimes, to tone down a too shimmery eye. A great staple - I think everyone should a shade like this in their collection!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This eyeshadow is ok. Texture is pretty nice and the colour is fairly easy to pull off. It's a matte bone-like colour with yellow undertones. I like it but I don't love it. Decent highlighter but not an HG. So I took off 1 1/2 lippie for that.

The other 1/2 is for the name. Naming a yellow-ish eyeshadow "Chinois" (Chinois means "Chinese" in French) is not exactly politically correct......

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've probably used this product everyday for many many years. After I apply UDPP I always apply Chinois to even out my lids and to create a base for my other colors. I'm on my third pan.

on 10/1/2009 9:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I adore this shadow as an allover color to even out my lids, or as a matte highlight. I could go on and on, but everyone else has said what I was going to say, so I'll spare the energy. :-) Highly recommend.

on 7/23/2009 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought Chinois based on the reviews below, but wasn't sure it was quite what I expected and it ended up being neglected for months. Now I've finally realised how important it is - as a matte highlight shade, it fills a gap in my kit. It looks great for daytime paired with more shimmery shadows on the lid. The texture is, as with most Stila shadows, gorgeous. It goes on smoothly and blends into my crease shade like a dream. I've been wearing this constantly for the past few weeks, and it lifts my eye makeup without looking shiny or glittery. There is something quite elegant about a matte highlight shade, and I think Chinois is the best one around.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I agree with the reviewer below. This color is great for correcting discoloration on bare eyes, such as redness or darkness. My skin tone is shade C, and this e/s makes my eyes appear evened out with the rest of my face. The texture is very soft and a bit powdery, but once it goes onto your skin it melts in nicely. It is matte and looks natural. I've been using this as an everyday base shade. I apply the more shimmery e/s on top, but I don't need as much because I already took care of the discoloration. Sometimes I mix this w/ Kitten because Kitten alone is too frosty for my skin tone. The only downside is the price. Because the e/s is so soft and so good, I use much more of it than all the other Stila e/s I have. I got this as part of the Costco Grey Look set, so I didn't pay full price. I'm hoping I can score another discount by the time I hit the pan.