Lancome Juicy Wear

No Image

on 4/13/2007 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ugh, I wanted to like this so much. First of all, the smell is unpleasant (very strong, "old lady" type fragrance). Second, the color selection is very limited (although Pink Crave, a peachy color, is pretty). Third, it didn't seem to be that long-lasting. My Revlon ColorStay Overtime lasts longer. The good news is that the gloss is pretty, and that when it fades it does so very gradually. Still, would not repurchase.

on 8/2/2004 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Nothing but raves here. I bought Seductive Berry and it's a deep wine/pink shade. It looks great with my dark brown hair, brown eyes, and tan skin. You get 5 times more gloss to go over the lipstick, but I agree with other reviewers and hope they sell the gloss separately in the near future. It was so worth the $25 however and I will be buying more. Next on my wishlist is Dirty Pink. :) The lipstick does feel a bit dry when you first apply it but after you put on the gloss it's so moisturizing and shiny. One tip though, after applying ONE coat of the lipstick you don't want to smack or rub your lips together. Let it dry for a minute and THEN put the gloss over it. Your color will last and last and when it does start to wear off, it comes off evenly. One word of warning, when you're drinking you will find some lipstick on your glass. So I freaked out thinking that my lipstick was coming off. However when I checked it in the mirror it was all still there! This stuff is nothing short of a miracle. FINALLY a long lasting lipstick that isn't drying and looks fabulous hour after hour! I can definitely see myself wearing one of these babies on my wedding day. :) continued >>

on 7/29/2004 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Add me to the list of raves. This is a fantastic addition to the world of long-lasting lipsticks. What others have mentioned is true: it doesn't at all flake, chip, or peel off in an unflattering way. The color doesn't 'shrink' on your lips, either. Application is very easy, and within 60 seconds the color has set. The gloss that goes over it is fantastic: it's mostly silicones, so it's not sticky AT ALL, nor does it ever gunk up unpleasantly! You don't get nasty hair-in-the-lipgloss syndrome even though you're applying a clear gloss over the color. It's also infused with sparkle/shimmer, so it makes the color on your lips appear multi-dimensional and luscious. Re-application of the gloss never makes the color look any worse. Hours later, the color still looks freshly applied! Now, I did find that after 10+ hours of budgeproof, comfortable wear, numerous activities and reapplications of gloss, the color finally came off in one well-mannered wipe after eating dinner. But that's what's great, too -- even when it finally comes off (and believe me, prior to that it won't budge) it isn't in any kind of weird way. It came off like a normal lipstick. And never once while wearing it have my lips felt dry, flaky, or like they had a lot caked onto them. That's quite a feat, as most colors do that to me after a while. I highly recommend this if you are looking to venture into the world of long-lasting lipsticks (or if you're like me, always trying the new products on the block!) I do hope, though, that Lancome will consider selling replacement glosses separately in the near future. I could see the one that comes with the color stick running out before the lipcolor would.

on 7/28/2004 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

there are probably about 12 or so shades to choose from, ranging from nudes, to pinks, plums, and reds. They are quite pretty, and there are only a few that have some type of shimmer to them.. they're mostly matte looking on lips, maybe satin finish at best.

FIrst off, they look TOTALLY different than the colors on the website, so don't spend your time drooling over swatches. For me they felt slightly drying (not as bad as lets say, lipfinity). All you need is ONE coat. The gloss you put on top has some SLIGHT shimmer which makes it very pretty. BUT it's not nearly as shiny as the ads make them appear. I tried the peach color, the nudes, and also the pinks. none of them suited my MMM (MAC hyper real NC400) skin...

The peach was a bit more bright than I had hoped, and the only color that may have come close to working was the nude color... all this to say, i didnt buy any of them..i like em, dont love em.. i'll stick to my mac lipglasses :)!

if you feel bad spending $25 on this product (US dollars), keep in mind you're getting a lipstick AND a gloss :).. so it's not that bad overall price-wise :)!