Lancome Juicy Wear

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.1

on 12/25/2006 2:07:00 PM

I love lanome juicy wear. My first was chestnut fantasy and since then I've bought candy apple, bronze honey, pink gourmand, and playful beige...all of which I LOVE!!! After reading other responses I have a few recommendations. When applying this lipstick do not apply too much product. Apply the lipstick with quick strokes, one coat...let it dry...then do the second coat and let it dry a minute before applying the glossy topcoat. This will make the lipstick stay...and not cake and crust off. Also, a lip conditioner is a must at night because the lipsticks are drying. I love the formula and consistency and even mix my colors together for different shades and have had no trouble making them last without touchup for 8 hours which is amazing!

on 8/17/2006 4:49:00 PM

Weird, weird product. You really have to know how to use this product i guess. lately i was in the car doing on the lipstick, quite a lot plus the (weird) gloss, a while later my lips started to feel really weird and i looked in the mirror and i see my mouth full of dried out cracked lipstick. it looked like bright lightpink (lightest pinkshade) dried up sperm! eww! and the problem was, i couldnt get it off! now only wear it with without the weird ass gloss, its just that i fall for the shade (the lightest pink) the only good thing about it is that its kissproof!

Aside from the fact the top coat of gloss seems to make this lipstick less durable, when used alone it lasts fine. The texture is like other lasting lipsticks, maybe a little smoother on application, but rather drying. It has a weird scent to it that is almost unpleasant.

I have this in Flaming Sangria (2005 x-moose colour, bright red infused with red glitter). I'd like to try some other colours.

Of all the long lasting lipsticks out there, this one is definitely the most foolproof. It is also the most moisturizing. It does not stay on as long as some of the others, but then again, it does not have the tendency to flake, clump, or wear off in spots like others do. I love the tube of gloss this comes with, but by the same token, don't like the fact that the gloss is in a separate tube.

Overall, this is a great product. My favorite color is Spicy Cinnamon. One thing I noticed about these is that they don't look anything on your lips like they look in the tube. So if you visit the counter, make sure to try them all.

I also have this in Pink Gourmand-RIS-it's very pretty but not for me for a daily wear. Going out wise it will be wonderful!

The price...eh. But I have a feeling this will last FOREVER. They need to do something about the gloss situation...like sell the tubes separately or something.

I also reviewed this under the "Pink Gourmand" color...

I was hesitant to try this because I've had really bad experiences with long-lasting lipsticks... but, I have to say that I'm really glad I bought this!

The color is medium cool-toned pink... not baby pink, but not fuschia, either. It's really pretty, and the lipstick itself doesn't go on too matte. I don't think it feels drier than a regular, non-lustre MAC lippie, or a non-sheer Lorac lippie.

Anyway, I wouldn't say that it lasts ALL day (maybe like 5 or 6 hours, but it looks freshly applied in those 5-6 hrs), but definitely a very long time. I probably applied the gloss shine every 2 hours or so, just to maintain that glossy look. Like other reviewers, I wish that they offered the gloss coat on its own.

What I like BEST about this is that it doesn't flake off your lip. The prob I had with CoverGirl Outlast and Max Factor Lipfinity, and even sometimes Revlon Overtime, was that the color was very heavy, and once it started to go away, it would "break off" of my lips in chunks! Soooo gross! The Juicy Wear at least fades away gradually.

I would definitely buy again, if they came out with more colors. The color selection is pretty limited, and with what they have now, I don't think I could find anything that would be that flattering for me. Also, it's pretty expensive ($25USD) a pop.

on 10/12/2004 12:26:00 AM

i was really appealed by the advert of the juicy cherry and all so i bought one. it really isnt something to make a big deal of.. the colour was a tad dry but it was alright after the top coat was applied.. didnt last as long as i thought it would though. i like the topcoat and would probably use it over my other lip colour.

would not repurchase.

on 10/6/2004 5:40:00 PM

Well, I've only worn this twice so far but I am surprised at the more recent negative reviews! I find the lipcolour to glide on seamlessly, evenly. I do not find it chalky at all- it does dry, but that's kind of the point. If you are looking for an ultra matte look, try this without the gloss (I did this and didn't notice any unusual wrinkling). I think the application is important- smooth even strokes are best (and use a light hand, the product is blendable for just a few seconds after applying before it dries completely). I have this in Sexy Plum and it is gorgeous, and will go back for Dirty Pink as well. The gloss is quite nice- but then I really can't stand gooey smearing lipglosses. This moisturizes well, adds a little extra dimension to the lipcolour and you can always apply a second helping for more gloss. Honestly if it looked like the Ad I wouldn't have purchased it- it is much more subtle and wearable than on the billboards imo.

on 9/7/2004 7:48:00 PM

OK, I'm not sure why I'm not getting the same results with this as everyone else, but I didn't think these lasted any longer than other lipsticks. I don't think the color stayed true for even two hours, so this was quite a disappointment. I do like the gloss part, though.

on 8/24/2004 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have to agree that this is, by far, the best long-wearing lipstick I've ever worn. It is not drying like Lipfinity and lasts forever! I bought this in Pink Gourmand and it looks fabulous with my pale complexion--a nice darker pink. The ad and the picture on the Lancome site is very deceiving, though. The top coat is nowhere near that glossy.

Well, I bought one of these because of the GWP, and I'm glad I did. I don't remember the exact color I got, which is the only reason I didn't like it, but it was this really awful fuschia when it dried on my lips. I know the 80s are back and everything, but I'd like to leave the bad parts behind. So I exchanged it and got a Juicy Rouge (which I am way more satisfied with anyway). I will say though that if they had a better color selection, I would buy it again. I would be very careful applying though, and make sure to do it at home in a safety zone because I applied this in the car (not moving, silly!) after I bought it, and I made a tiny mistake and it left a pink STAIN on my cheek. It looked like I had a blood stain from the corner of my mouth, ahhh! I wish I wouldve had makeup remover, because it wouldnt come off at ALL. So I guess thats good. It really didnt budge when I ate, and the topcoat did keep it relatively moist. So once again, colors suck, product actually works.