Lancome Juicy Wear

No Image

3.6

on 12/25/2006 2:07:00 PM

I love lanome juicy wear. My first was chestnut fantasy and since then I've bought candy apple, bronze honey, pink gourmand, and playful beige...all of which I LOVE!!! After reading other responses I have a few recommendations. When applying this lipstick do not apply too much product. Apply the lipstick with quick strokes, one coat...let it dry...then do the second coat and let it dry a minute before applying the glossy topcoat. This will make the lipstick stay...and not cake and crust off. Also, a lip conditioner is a must at night because the lipsticks are drying. I love the formula and consistency and even mix my colors together for different shades and have had no trouble making them last without touchup for 8 hours which is amazing!

on 1/3/2006 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

love them they really do last for hours, it has to dry though. i love candy apple.

on 9/23/2005 12:20:00 PM

I usually am not a sucker for pricey (over $20) makeup but i loved the idea of this long lasting lipstick that won't budge. Plus, to me it was kind of like buy the lipstick, get the lip gloss free =) I used to not wear my lipsticks that i had because all i do all day is drink water, coffee, etc so i figured "what's the point? it's going to come off anyway!" but this lipstick stays put! it goes on really smoothly when you first apply it which i love. and the gloss (the seal and shine top coat) isn't as shiny as the ads but it feels very good on the lips and have a great shine to them. Plus it's not sticky at all. i do have to apply the top coat more than once but then again, i drink a lot of stuff throughout the day. i got the sweet nude which i wear almost everyday because it's such a nice neutral shade (not too brown, washed out looking or anything) and i would definetly buy that again. i also got the chestnut fantasy but it's so dark on me that my husband says i look goth. (that's no good). you can skip putting on lip liner also when you have this on so sometimes i just a different gloss on to make the color a little different. i'm not sure how the l'oreal long lasting wear lipstick is but maybe i'll try that next time i'm running low on my juicy wear.

I also reviewed this under the "Pink Gourmand" color...

I was hesitant to try this because I've had really bad experiences with long-lasting lipsticks... but, I have to say that I'm really glad I bought this!

The color is medium cool-toned pink... not baby pink, but not fuschia, either. It's really pretty, and the lipstick itself doesn't go on too matte. I don't think it feels drier than a regular, non-lustre MAC lippie, or a non-sheer Lorac lippie.

Anyway, I wouldn't say that it lasts ALL day (maybe like 5 or 6 hours, but it looks freshly applied in those 5-6 hrs), but definitely a very long time. I probably applied the gloss shine every 2 hours or so, just to maintain that glossy look. Like other reviewers, I wish that they offered the gloss coat on its own.

What I like BEST about this is that it doesn't flake off your lip. The prob I had with CoverGirl Outlast and Max Factor Lipfinity, and even sometimes Revlon Overtime, was that the color was very heavy, and once it started to go away, it would "break off" of my lips in chunks! Soooo gross! The Juicy Wear at least fades away gradually.

I would definitely buy again, if they came out with more colors. The color selection is pretty limited, and with what they have now, I don't think I could find anything that would be that flattering for me. Also, it's pretty expensive ($25USD) a pop.

on 10/21/2004 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Chestnut Fantasy. It is much darker than I thought when i saw the sample in the store, on me it's like a dark rosy brown, but i'm really impressed with its staying power. I put it on at 8 in the morning and at 8 at night it's still on, even after eating and drinking! I have to re-apply the gloss twice during the day but after i do it looks like i just put on fresh lipstick. Smells nice too. I just wish they had more colours to choose from, otherwise it's a great lipstick, worth its price.

on 10/6/2004 5:40:00 PM

Well, I've only worn this twice so far but I am surprised at the more recent negative reviews! I find the lipcolour to glide on seamlessly, evenly. I do not find it chalky at all- it does dry, but that's kind of the point. If you are looking for an ultra matte look, try this without the gloss (I did this and didn't notice any unusual wrinkling). I think the application is important- smooth even strokes are best (and use a light hand, the product is blendable for just a few seconds after applying before it dries completely). I have this in Sexy Plum and it is gorgeous, and will go back for Dirty Pink as well. The gloss is quite nice- but then I really can't stand gooey smearing lipglosses. This moisturizes well, adds a little extra dimension to the lipcolour and you can always apply a second helping for more gloss. Honestly if it looked like the Ad I wouldn't have purchased it- it is much more subtle and wearable than on the billboards imo.

on 8/24/2004 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have to agree that this is, by far, the best long-wearing lipstick I've ever worn. It is not drying like Lipfinity and lasts forever! I bought this in Pink Gourmand and it looks fabulous with my pale complexion--a nice darker pink. The ad and the picture on the Lancome site is very deceiving, though. The top coat is nowhere near that glossy.

I can't wear really gooey, glossy lip products to work because they end up smeared all over my microphone boom, so I've been on a continued quest to find something beyond lipbalm that looks finished and feminine without being sticky. Juicy Wear is exactly this. It's a two part product - A long wearing, fairly densely pigmented (small) lipstick and a sparkling clear gloss, which fixes the lipstick. I purchased Sparkling Flush, which is a medium rosy red, close to the natural color of my lips, but a bit bolder. Both the lipstick and the gloss have quite a bit of glitter in them, though not so much that I coruscate like a casino billboard. Thankfully, Juicy Wear does not exhibit the typical flaky, dry application of most long wearing lip products. The lipstick is very smooth. The gloss does not stay as wet as when first applied, but appears to dry a bit after a few minutes. The whole application wipes off with a firm swipe of a tissue, so no special cleanser is needed to remove it.

on 8/2/2004 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Nothing but raves here. I bought Seductive Berry and it's a deep wine/pink shade. It looks great with my dark brown hair, brown eyes, and tan skin. You get 5 times more gloss to go over the lipstick, but I agree with other reviewers and hope they sell the gloss separately in the near future. It was so worth the $25 however and I will be buying more. Next on my wishlist is Dirty Pink. :) The lipstick does feel a bit dry when you first apply it but after you put on the gloss it's so moisturizing and shiny. One tip though, after applying ONE coat of the lipstick you don't want to smack or rub your lips together. Let it dry for a minute and THEN put the gloss over it. Your color will last and last and when it does start to wear off, it comes off evenly. One word of warning, when you're drinking you will find some lipstick on your glass. So I freaked out thinking that my lipstick was coming off. However when I checked it in the mirror it was all still there! This stuff is nothing short of a miracle. FINALLY a long lasting lipstick that isn't drying and looks fabulous hour after hour! I can definitely see myself wearing one of these babies on my wedding day. :) continued >>

on 8/1/2004 2:46:00 PM

This product is nothing short of miraculous! I've never, ever found a long lasting lipstick that I could wear -- my lips would dry out, break out, or worse they'd SHRINK into oblivion. But this is just *perfect*. I purchased Flirty Mauve, which is a deep, gorgeous neutral mauve that really suits my fair skin/green eyes. I've been swiping it on without liner, and it leaves a gorgeous stain on my lips without drying them out AT ALL. The gloss is great in that it is sparkly and wet-looking, but not so sticky that my hair gets caught, hehe. This stuff lasts! For me it'll make it all day or through one meal (but not two) and eventually wears off pretty naturally. It comes off easily with an oil based cleanser. I love this product, and I plan to buy more shades, definitely.