Lancome Juicy Wear

No Image

3.6

on 5/9/2007 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to buy this lipstick because I really like the juicy tube line, but I simply hate this lipstick. It doesnt fix well, its very expensive and the colour fades away too easily. The gloss the cames along with the product is so smutty... Argh.

Also dont give a nice coverage, its hard to use because its a hard lipstick that doesnt make an uniform colour on the lips.

Dont waste your money buying it.

(Forgive me about my bad english, but Im not from USA or England :))

on 3/12/2005 8:05:00 PM

I wanted this to work--I really did. However, it doesn't stay any longer than a regular lipstick. A $7 Lipfinity lasts much longer than this. I have thi product in Sweet Nude, Playful beige and Chestnut Fantasy. At first I thought they were defective because at the first dab of a napkin most of the color came off!! I actually returned them and got three new ones. These come right off, too. Make my lips SUPER DRY. The colors are lovely and I love the glossy top coat. However, for $25 I expected this to stay on more than an hour and make it through at least one meal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

VILE! Terrible texture, cakey, chalky, heavy. I felt like I had just put plum colored cement on my lips. Every single wrinkle in my lips showed up, and my lips felt like they were suffocating. The gloss for shine wasn't worth a damn. Dreadful product. God, I wish I had returned it. I love my MUA girls too much to swap this, it's going in the garbage.

Holy cow, was this stuff awful! I followed the directions to the letter and still ended up with flaky, chalky color. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

on 4/13/2007 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ugh, I wanted to like this so much. First of all, the smell is unpleasant (very strong, "old lady" type fragrance). Second, the color selection is very limited (although Pink Crave, a peachy color, is pretty). Third, it didn't seem to be that long-lasting. My Revlon ColorStay Overtime lasts longer. The good news is that the gloss is pretty, and that when it fades it does so very gradually. Still, would not repurchase.

on 8/17/2006 4:49:00 PM

Weird, weird product. You really have to know how to use this product i guess. lately i was in the car doing on the lipstick, quite a lot plus the (weird) gloss, a while later my lips started to feel really weird and i looked in the mirror and i see my mouth full of dried out cracked lipstick. it looked like bright lightpink (lightest pinkshade) dried up sperm! eww! and the problem was, i couldnt get it off! now only wear it with without the weird ass gloss, its just that i fall for the shade (the lightest pink) the only good thing about it is that its kissproof!

on 1/15/2005 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Not crazy about this. Even with gloss topcoat my lips crinkled up really dry - all I could think of was deep fried wonton skins. The gloss wore off quickly, the colour did stay, but ... don't like it, can't recommend it. Shame, the colour was good - I think it says 378 - it's the candy apple red I think was featured in the advert.

on 9/7/2004 7:48:00 PM

OK, I'm not sure why I'm not getting the same results with this as everyone else, but I didn't think these lasted any longer than other lipsticks. I don't think the color stayed true for even two hours, so this was quite a disappointment. I do like the gloss part, though.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like these SO badly. They seemed like such a great idea, and the topcoat feels heavenly.

But, the colors mostly suck (I know, since I tried them all), and the lip color itself is very dry. It accentuates every line in your lips, and god help you if you've got any problems with chapping or dead skin. Even the slightest bit of it will be magnified by this stuff.

Yes, the topcoat smoothes it out a bit, but not enough. Plus, the lip color tends to apply unevenly. It's also impossible to make it look good without having a lipliner on. Even the steadiest hand will most likely end up applying this clunky stuff outside the lines slightly.

This stuff just isn't very good, in my opinion. A nice idea, but poorly executed. The colors were either way too light, way too dark, or way too orangey. The lip color itself was horribly dry and difficult to apply. The only good thing was the topcoat, which was like a non-sticky JT. Too bad it had glitter in it.

I'd never buy one of these. Most lip colors will work with my coloring, but none of these did. Plus, if you try on a darker one and then wipe it off, it looks like you've got dried blood all around your mouth. Not a pretty sight. If I were you, I'd stick with regular old lipstick, and perhaps some clear gloss on top. There is nothing special about these, as the long-lasting lipstick is no better than the crap Revlon came out with when I was 14 years old. :P

I'm probably gonna be the only person on this site that was horribly disappointed with Juicy Wear, but oh well.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product doesn't wear nearly as long as drugstore brands, so it's certainly not worth the price! I also don't like that the color and the gloss are packaged separately; it's just not very convenient. This product also is much more drying to the lips than other long-wearing lipsticks I've tried. Don't waste your money.