Lancôme Juicy Wear

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

4.3

on 12/25/2006 2:07:00 PM

I love lanome juicy wear. My first was chestnut fantasy and since then I've bought candy apple, bronze honey, pink gourmand, and playful beige...all of which I LOVE!!! After reading other responses I have a few recommendations. When applying this lipstick do not apply too much product. Apply the lipstick with quick strokes, one coat...let it dry...then do the second coat and let it dry a minute before applying the glossy topcoat. This will make the lipstick stay...and not cake and crust off. Also, a lip conditioner is a must at night because the lipsticks are drying. I love the formula and consistency and even mix my colors together for different shades and have had no trouble making them last without touchup for 8 hours which is amazing!

Aside from the fact the top coat of gloss seems to make this lipstick less durable, when used alone it lasts fine. The texture is like other lasting lipsticks, maybe a little smoother on application, but rather drying. It has a weird scent to it that is almost unpleasant.

I have this in Flaming Sangria (2005 x-moose colour, bright red infused with red glitter). I'd like to try some other colours.

on 10/21/2004 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Chestnut Fantasy. It is much darker than I thought when i saw the sample in the store, on me it's like a dark rosy brown, but i'm really impressed with its staying power. I put it on at 8 in the morning and at 8 at night it's still on, even after eating and drinking! I have to re-apply the gloss twice during the day but after i do it looks like i just put on fresh lipstick. Smells nice too. I just wish they had more colours to choose from, otherwise it's a great lipstick, worth its price.

on 10/6/2004 5:40:00 PM

Well, I've only worn this twice so far but I am surprised at the more recent negative reviews! I find the lipcolour to glide on seamlessly, evenly. I do not find it chalky at all- it does dry, but that's kind of the point. If you are looking for an ultra matte look, try this without the gloss (I did this and didn't notice any unusual wrinkling). I think the application is important- smooth even strokes are best (and use a light hand, the product is blendable for just a few seconds after applying before it dries completely). I have this in Sexy Plum and it is gorgeous, and will go back for Dirty Pink as well. The gloss is quite nice- but then I really can't stand gooey smearing lipglosses. This moisturizes well, adds a little extra dimension to the lipcolour and you can always apply a second helping for more gloss. Honestly if it looked like the Ad I wouldn't have purchased it- it is much more subtle and wearable than on the billboards imo.

Holy cow, was this stuff awful! I followed the directions to the letter and still ended up with flaky, chalky color. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

on 8/2/2004 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Nothing but raves here. I bought Seductive Berry and it's a deep wine/pink shade. It looks great with my dark brown hair, brown eyes, and tan skin. You get 5 times more gloss to go over the lipstick, but I agree with other reviewers and hope they sell the gloss separately in the near future. It was so worth the $25 however and I will be buying more. Next on my wishlist is Dirty Pink. :) The lipstick does feel a bit dry when you first apply it but after you put on the gloss it's so moisturizing and shiny. One tip though, after applying ONE coat of the lipstick you don't want to smack or rub your lips together. Let it dry for a minute and THEN put the gloss over it. Your color will last and last and when it does start to wear off, it comes off evenly. One word of warning, when you're drinking you will find some lipstick on your glass. So I freaked out thinking that my lipstick was coming off. However when I checked it in the mirror it was all still there! This stuff is nothing short of a miracle. FINALLY a long lasting lipstick that isn't drying and looks fabulous hour after hour! I can definitely see myself wearing one of these babies on my wedding day. :) continued >>

on 8/1/2004 2:46:00 PM

This product is nothing short of miraculous! I've never, ever found a long lasting lipstick that I could wear -- my lips would dry out, break out, or worse they'd SHRINK into oblivion. But this is just *perfect*. I purchased Flirty Mauve, which is a deep, gorgeous neutral mauve that really suits my fair skin/green eyes. I've been swiping it on without liner, and it leaves a gorgeous stain on my lips without drying them out AT ALL. The gloss is great in that it is sparkly and wet-looking, but not so sticky that my hair gets caught, hehe. This stuff lasts! For me it'll make it all day or through one meal (but not two) and eventually wears off pretty naturally. It comes off easily with an oil based cleanser. I love this product, and I plan to buy more shades, definitely.

on 7/29/2004 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Add me to the list of raves. This is a fantastic addition to the world of long-lasting lipsticks. What others have mentioned is true: it doesn't at all flake, chip, or peel off in an unflattering way. The color doesn't 'shrink' on your lips, either. Application is very easy, and within 60 seconds the color has set. The gloss that goes over it is fantastic: it's mostly silicones, so it's not sticky AT ALL, nor does it ever gunk up unpleasantly! You don't get nasty hair-in-the-lipgloss syndrome even though you're applying a clear gloss over the color. It's also infused with sparkle/shimmer, so it makes the color on your lips appear multi-dimensional and luscious. Re-application of the gloss never makes the color look any worse. Hours later, the color still looks freshly applied! Now, I did find that after 10+ hours of budgeproof, comfortable wear, numerous activities and reapplications of gloss, the color finally came off in one well-mannered wipe after eating dinner. But that's what's great, too -- even when it finally comes off (and believe me, prior to that it won't budge) it isn't in any kind of weird way. It came off like a normal lipstick. And never once while wearing it have my lips felt dry, flaky, or like they had a lot caked onto them. That's quite a feat, as most colors do that to me after a while. I highly recommend this if you are looking to venture into the world of long-lasting lipsticks (or if you're like me, always trying the new products on the block!) I do hope, though, that Lancome will consider selling replacement glosses separately in the near future. I could see the one that comes with the color stick running out before the lipcolor would.

on 7/28/2004 11:16:00 AM

I finally caved too. Who wouldn't after seeing the ad? Sorry to say it's not quite as shiny as that, but still pretty nice. For $25 usd + tax you get a color stick & shimmery topcoat. According to the instructions I read @lancome.com, you're supposed to apply to bare lips (no lip balm or liner otherwise the color won't adhere). Use ONE coat of lip color, let dry 60 seconds, apply topcoat. I was told if you apply more than 1 coat of the lip color, the first coat will adhere but the second coat won't. Just experiment to see if that's really the case, I haven't tried more than one coat yet. You can reapply topcoat as often as desired. Only problem is that as far as I know, topcoat isn't sold separately so you'll most likely run out of it before the lip color. This will most likely stay on best if you don't eat oily foods. That seems to break down the color a bit. Most of the l/s colors LOOKED matte to me, although at least 2 I saw did have actual shimmer in the l/s itself (sparkling flush & playful beige). The topcoat adds more shimmer but it's not obscene, it's very fine. This can be drying for those of us w/already dry lips. You'll need to remove it w/baby oil or if you have Lancome's Bi-facil, that does the trick. Update 7-28-04: If you're going to layer the l/s color, use thin layers, otherwise it will just get gunky.

on 7/23/2004 10:57:00 PM

This product is definitely long lasting. You can not get the color off your lips...so make sure its the color you want. I must admit applying it even without a lip liner for longer last made my lips look luscious, very full. I will buy this in many more colors. After more than 8 hours my lip color would not budge.