Shiseido "Perfect Whip" Foam

Shiseido

4.1

Water, Potassium Stearate, PEG-8, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beeswax, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

on 10/11/2016 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

a small amount of the cleanser does a good job for feeling clean on the face and my face doesnt feel oily at all.

However,it does dry my skin out a bit and i personally don't like the strong fragance in the ingredient.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great budget face cleanser, I bought the small size tube and it has lasted me 3 months. Leaves my face feeling really clean and removes make up pretty well.

on 9/1/2016 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After hearing good reviews from friends about it I bought the foam cleanser whilst on holiday in Hong Kong. It is very affordable & a little amount goes a long way.

I have combination & very sensitive skin, whilst the product did leave my face feeling clean & took all my make up off, it also felt really tight & drying afterwards.

After using it sparingly to see whether it would work, it didn't work for me & made my skin peel. Unfortunately not for me.

Fun to use and foams into the dreamiest, creamiest lather, but sadly it makes my skin sting with how stripping it is. :( Otherwise, it does clean like a champ and also lasts forever. I wish I didn't have to let it go.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The first time I used this, it totally dried my skin out. I stopped using it and switched to another cleanser. Then I watched a Youtube video about how to make this foam really well. I tried it, making sure to add enough water, and I was wowed! It felt really good on my skin, very soft and luxurious. After washing off the foam, I used a toner as second cleanser. I was so pleased to see that there was hardly any dirt left (except along my hairline). I use sunscreen so a good cleanser is important in my skincare routine. I have 2 more backups but I don't see myself using up my fiest tube anytime soon because I only need very little every time. The trick is to use water and make it really foam up.

I tried this as I was curious about the soft, thick foam this cleanser is said to provide. True enough, it does produces a very soft and dense foam (I use a washing net, bought from Daiso) but it left my skin feeling uncomfortably dry and tight after each use. Despite its affordable price tag, I'll be sticking with The Shiseido Ibuki gentle cleanser as that too foams up nicely, not as dense as this one but it doesn't dry my skin out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

A solid mediocre. I bought this for ~$60 HKD. I use this in the shower with a beating net. It foams up well and you don't need a lot. My tube has lasted me approx. two years with daily use. I would not repurchase this. On occasion it left my skin feeling dry and tight after showering.

on 8/18/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This skin cleansing product was a hassle to purchase at a reasonable price because it is not sold in the U.S. however it was definitely worth the effort to buy. I love this product for many reasons. Among all, I love the fact that this product actually leaves my skin feeling oil-free, makeup-free, and ready to tone and moisturize with my other products that are to follow. The perfect whip isn't a makeup remover but it gets the last bit of gunk off of your face that your makeup remover may have missed. Another great feature about this product is that it foams up very easily after you massage a pea-sized amount in your hand. This amount goes a long way and makes the product a lot more worth the price. I would highly recommend this to anyone who needs a break from using a lot of exfoliators such as myself. I have used a lot of exfoliators with the idea that they will buff out all of the scars and acne on my skin but this lightweight product allows your skin to be clean so that it may heal with a lot less pain.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I am on my third (maybe fourth!) tube of this! I first came across it on a trip back to Japan and bought it on a whim - the 'whip' and 'foam' in the name really caught my attention.

It's super cheap in the drug stores in Japan - at less than 400 yen (around AUD $5) for a fairly sizable tube, it's very affordable. Particularly when you only need the tiniest bit (I'm talking smaller than a pea-sized amount). The packaging is fairly utilitarian but makes it super easy to dispense the right amount.

I use a foaming mesh (made out of the same stuff as the shower poufs but a bit finer) and get it nice and wet - out of this I get an amazingly thick, creamy but very fine lather that's more than enough to cover the face. I find that when I don't foam it up, it can be a bit tricky to wash off, but in a fine foam it gets right into the pores and washes off easily.
In another tip - I mix a bit of this with water in one of those foaming pump dispensers which gives an equally lovely foam in a super easy, pre-made form!

My skin is oily but not particularly blemished skin and this really helps to keep the spots at bay. I can't say it does a great deal for my oiliness but I like the fact that it doesn't leave my skin feeling squeaky and tight.

Despite trying a myriad of different cleansers, I always come back to this one and will continue to purchase!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This cleanser made my skin dry and flakey after 3 weeks of daily usage. I'd say steer clear of his cleanser because it has a ph of 8, which is extremely drying and bad for skin. Btw skin is combo/oily, so it is usually not prone to drying out. At first, i didnt notice because i was distracted by how smooth and whipped it felt on skin upon contact and didnt overdry skin. With prolonged use, it strips skin of moisture barrier and, also may aggregate acne due to overdrying. This cleanser does not remove nonwaterproof makeup well, so it is a huge waste. I would probably limit usage to once a week, so i could finish using it up and not waste product.