Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 4/19/2017 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

For me, this product is everything! I have medium-brown, dry skin and I find that it's quite difficult sourcing a shade that doesn't have too many yellow or red undertones for darker skin tones, which look absolutely horrible in the sun.

I love it, I apply it once in the morning with a powder brush, after my baking soda scrub and Aloe Vera Gelly moisturiser, and it's on for the entire work day. Removal is easy as I simply just wash it off with my garnier 3-in-1 cleanser.

The price is perfect, as it is as effective as a high-end liquid foundation-plus-powder combination, except with a whole lot less maintenance, effort and damage to the pocket.

Just by the way, my shade is a mix between hazelnut and almond depending on the time of year.

on 4/17/2017 7:41:00 PM

Just like every highschool girl, I used this mousse for a long time.

The mousse was very thick, greasy and messy. It oxidized badly, making me go orangeish in no time, with a cakey face. But of course, at that time, I knew nothing about properly applying makeup, so I would just ''pancake'' this on my face, without properly moisturizing my skin first or applying a primer.

This mousse would mattify my face only for a little while, before making me get all oily and shiny, even though my skin isn't oily.

The price is okay, the packaging is good, but you should probably avoid this foundation, since there are a lot of great, cheap, drugstore liquid foundation that will get you a better result than this one.

on 3/30/2017 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used this foundation for a long time and in many ways, I just never felt it stick to my skin. I have a feeling that at any moment she could leave. Plus, it gave me minor skin irritations. I would never buy again.

on 2/28/2017 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

LOL this was my favourite foundation in high school, I would literally dip my fingers right in, get a big chunk and smear that shit on like sunscreen. I havnt tried it in a while but I remember having that lovely orange foundation line and cakey look. I'm sure you could work with this foundation and it was just my application skills at 15 that made it look so horrid (well I thought it looked good at the time). Maybe I should buy this again and test it out with my skills now...

although this product is a cheap foundation I am not prone to getting spots I never get them. I brought this foundation to try I wore it for about 6 hours when I woke up the next morning half of my face had risen red and a whole load of spots has appeared on my left side of my face. No full coverage what so ever.

on 2/20/2017 4:38:00 AM

Not good for humid climates.. became patchy after a couple hours. Very unnatural finish for me

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Omg I loooove this foundation to death. It is simply the best foundation I have ever tried. The coverage is amazing and it feels very very light on the skin. I have ditched my other high end foundations for the love of this one. I have been using estee lauder double wear and mac full coverage but they broke me out and dried out my skin like theres no tomorrow, then I started using this one and all I can say I am in love. The finish is just amaazing and makes your skin look absolutely flawless. It lasts for around 8 hours with no primer on...no one can notice i am wearing foundation even though the coverage is amazing. I literally can not live without it now...it gives me amazing skin effortlessly.
Highly recommend.

Brilliant foundation !! Lovely texture, needs a little blending in to look right but silky smooth on the skin! I apply using a slightly damp sponge and it goes on wonderfully! Blends into skin perfectly and finish looks really natural! Great range of shades and looks fresh for around 8 hours with a primer! Would definitely buy again! Everything I want in a foundation!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Only one thing to say about this foundation: it is so far away from full coverage I would say that full coverage is the Milky Way and this foundation is Andromeda but that would imply that they approach each other, which....no, this foundation will never approach a full coverage. The promise of full coverage being the only reason why I bought it, I am sorely disappointed.

on 11/2/2016 6:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Mehhh. I just couldn't get this stuff to work! No matter how I prepped my skin, it didn't go on well at all. It balled and rolled on my face no matter how I applied it. The coverage wasn't good. Will be sticking with liquid foundations!