Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

I loved this foundation when I was a teenager, now I bought it again to see if I still love it...

And I do love this foundation! so light and fluffy <3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm glad I tried this, because otherwise it's strictly powder or mineral foundation for this oily/sensitive skin, but it's not going to be a good daytime/summertime foundation and I worry the mousse will not be useful anymore in a few months. For now I save it for nighttime looks. I use a damp beauty blender AND a drop or two of Maracuja oil to apply. Otherwise it just breaks up in a few hours, and on its own I think the texture is too heavy for my skin because I'm self conscious about my pores and this seems to want to settle in around them. With the maracuja it's really not so bad -- it's more smoothing and holds itself up a bit longer. The coverage is actually quite decent for areas of redness and evening out the overall tone of my face. So many mixed feelings. In the end I think I've tried better, I've tried worse. If this is helpful I am NC20 and use Nude (Light 4.)

on 7/27/2017 4:06:00 PM

Ok I've been using this for years on and off whenever the discontinued one of my favorites something they always seem to do! And this is good it gives full coverage goes on smooth and really makes a flawless look and nude is the perfect shade for my skin it's warm toned which is hard to find so it doesn't make my skin look that fake pink. But here's the bad if it's not fresh it pills and the colour will change over time to a darker more orange shade and it's not so smooth to apply and can make your skin look dry. Sometimes it had brand new jars that come that way but usually it starts off perfect and by halfway down it changes to yucky. So it's not a fav since I can only get half a jar use before it's no good but in a bind it works until I can find something else, I really wished they would stop discontinuing the great foundations such as that one that was creamy but looked like powder but wasn't powder that was awesome and superstay when they changed superstay to their new and improved they really pissed me off that was the best foundation I have used out of high end and low end brands now I can't find anything that works for my skin and I'm thinking of giving up on them. And will be using Mac, cover fx etc. I am a make up artist and I have preferred some of their old products over pro products but seems like that's changed now. If you could figure out how to stop dream matte from oxidizing and pulling up over time it would be great foundation.

on 7/21/2017 10:24:00 PM

I was pretty amazed by this foundation.I have walked by this product too many times to count.I always bought the FIT ME foundation.I decided to change up my foundation. At first,when I opened this I was quite frightened.
The color looked way off & it didn't looked "whipped" or "mousse-like". When applying to my face,still scared since it was staying the color. I kept applying & finally the colored had toned down alot. I was super happy with the final turn out of this foundation. My skin looked super smooth . Definitely matte. Stayed true to color entire day. Did not oxidize,which I most afraid of it doing. I would definitely re-purchase this foundation! A+

on 6/18/2017 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Okay so this took some getting used to but once I figured out how to properly apply it, I'm in love.
It feels like silk rolling onto your skin and gives a beautiful medium to full coverage, My skin tends to be oily and even though it's a moisture based foundation, it didn't make me seem shiny. It's definitely buildable and you can also sheer it out by using less product, it spreads beautifully. I have yet to use it with a brush but it is great on my beauty blender and I think it's a great drug store product.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 Lipsticks is because it took a little practice to get a good finish, and there's not much product if you're a full coverage girl.

Best advice I can give is to start out with less than you think you're going to need!!!

on 6/6/2017 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I always come back to this. I just can't find a better drug store foundation. It has truly full coverage, which is rare. A little goes a long way. When you first buy it, it is the best texture, it looks flawless. However, if you don't moisturize very well, this will sink into fine lines and become extremely drying and almost aging, which is my only concern. Also, I find that after a few weeks of having opened this, it just becomes more dry overall, like the texture changes, it becomes more drying on your face, and harder to spread on your face. I can't find something better than this though, so I just make sure to moisturize at night and apply a heavy moisturizer underneath this foundation in the morning. I have olive skin, and I use this in Light 4 which is one of the only foundations I can find with a truly yellow undertone, not pink.

on 4/19/2017 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

For me, this product is everything! I have medium-brown, dry skin and I find that it's quite difficult sourcing a shade that doesn't have too many yellow or red undertones for darker skin tones, which look absolutely horrible in the sun.

I love it, I apply it once in the morning with a powder brush, after my baking soda scrub and Aloe Vera Gelly moisturiser, and it's on for the entire work day. Removal is easy as I simply just wash it off with my garnier 3-in-1 cleanser.

The price is perfect, as it is as effective as a high-end liquid foundation-plus-powder combination, except with a whole lot less maintenance, effort and damage to the pocket.

Just by the way, my shade is a mix between hazelnut and almond depending on the time of year.

on 4/17/2017 7:41:00 PM

Just like every highschool girl, I used this mousse for a long time.

The mousse was very thick, greasy and messy. It oxidized badly, making me go orangeish in no time, with a cakey face. But of course, at that time, I knew nothing about properly applying makeup, so I would just ''pancake'' this on my face, without properly moisturizing my skin first or applying a primer.

This mousse would mattify my face only for a little while, before making me get all oily and shiny, even though my skin isn't oily.

The price is okay, the packaging is good, but you should probably avoid this foundation, since there are a lot of great, cheap, drugstore liquid foundation that will get you a better result than this one.

on 3/30/2017 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used this foundation for a long time and in many ways, I just never felt it stick to my skin. I have a feeling that at any moment she could leave. Plus, it gave me minor skin irritations. I would never buy again.

on 2/28/2017 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

LOL this was my favourite foundation in high school, I would literally dip my fingers right in, get a big chunk and smear that shit on like sunscreen. I havnt tried it in a while but I remember having that lovely orange foundation line and cakey look. I'm sure you could work with this foundation and it was just my application skills at 15 that made it look so horrid (well I thought it looked good at the time). Maybe I should buy this again and test it out with my skills now...