Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

This was the first foundation I ever used! The first shade I had wasn't right but I never seem to be able to find my shade in Maybelline products.
This is quite a dry foundation and dries out if you've had it for a while. It always accentuated my dry patches, especially around my nose. Once the foundation got quite old, the product used to bunch up into little balls on my face, making it hard to blend in.
Wouldn't recommend it - liquid foundations are much better.

on 3/23/2018 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay, I have tested this out twice now (full 9 hour days at work) and I can say that this a really good (not perfect) foundation for oily skinned folks who need something quick, easy, and light (but can be built for fuller coverage) to apply for a quick grocery run, shopping afternoon, or movie night. I say "lite" events - where you might be out no more than 4 hours bc after the 4 hour mark, you may have to blot a bit more often.

This is unique. I first thought it would run too dark, or looks darker than it is in the container, but once applied, the shade seems to run true to typical color. I bought shade Classic Ivory 2 (light) and it fits NC15 - NC20 just fine.

It is a light, whipped, smooshy foundation. I tried spreading it with fingers - does NOT work very well - and tends to crumble up on your skin. You can blob some on your face, but spreading it out with a brush will be the only way to really get this to work. Or patting the whipped foundation with your fingertips on your skin.

But the BEST way I've found - and it works awesome and so quick and great to just dab on your skin and go - is with a damp sponge. I take my damp sponge and blot it onto the foundation (I know - not the most sanitary but folks say that this foundation starts to break down once you get to the end/bottom of the container anyways) and then just bounce the product onto my face where I want coverage. It works great. You can keep building the foundation up this way over areas that need more coverage - or just keep the coverage light. It works very well on my scars and to cover dark melasma.

This is a very dry foundation - and using a damp sponge helps push the whipped consistency into your pores etc.. so much better and faster. Once I'm done - the finish is usually powdery - most of the time, I have not needed to powder after application. If I do, it's only to do undereyes or over my more oily spots like t-zone, but even THOSE are dry after you apply this. It holds up well - and feels very light, it's not tacky - it just works really well. My blush, contour etc.. all went on over it just fine. Since it is drier, I found that after about 30 minutes, it will settle into my really deep forehead wrinkles (all foundations do) so you need to watch for that and even that out if you can but it's not THAT bad.

The only reason I say that this is a 4 hour max foundation is that it tends to start letting your oils through after that point, and for me being an oily skinned person, I start having to blot after the 4 hour mark more often. It also can tend to start to sink into pores as the oils break through. HOWEVER - the coverage is still there, so it doesn't wear off or transfer. But for running around for errands or going to a family dinner etc.. -this is such a light and easy way to cover your face if you need to tone down redness and some discoloration and don't want to apply full coverage foundation or do a whole foundation + full face makeup routine for a short time. It also washes off easily with a makeup wipe and face wash. Ive also noticed that my skin is really soft after I remove this foundation and I think its bc it has jojoba oil in the formula.

For full 8 hour work days and long wear - I'd recommend Cover Girl's Outlast foundation. That's my HG oily skin foundation. But for weekends or light coverage days - this stuff is so easy and light to put on, with good coverage without all the full foundation work. Totally recommend if you like lighter coverage foundation (like me) or can use it as a build coverage foundation topper over a lighter coverage foundation. Works well on top of other foundations!

on 3/15/2018 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This foundation looks sooo amazing! I was scared to try it bc it was a mousse & i have really oily skin but lately since it’s been cold my skin has been dry but really oily in my T-zone. The only foundation i use every day is the L’Oréal Infallible pro matte. I love the L’Oréal foundation but lately by 4th hour at school my face will be so oily and start breaking up & it looks horrible. I seen this foundation in a Casey Holmes YouTube video and decided to try it and I’m glad i did! I have very large pores, bad black heads & just a little acne at the moment. This foundation made my skin soooo smooth looking!! It honestly looked so flawless without looking cakey. And it hasn’t creased in my smile line like every other foundation does. My pores shrunk so much. This product has definitely surprised me.

I first washed my face and then moisturized it. Then i used my Rimmel 5in1 primer (the only primer i use) & applied this foundation with a brush on one side & a beauty blender on the other. I noticed i got more coverage w/ my brush so i used it all over and then went over my whole face with the damp beauty blender to blend it all together. After that i used the new flower beauty light illusion full coverage concealer under my eyes, forehead, down my nose & chin. I then set everything with the Coty Airspun loose powder. (I also have very dark under eyes & always go for a full coverage looking foundation and this did just that)

It has been roughly 6 or so hours now that I’ve had it on & it looks just as good as it did when i first put it on! my pores still look as if they’ve completely disappeared and my skin just all together looks flawless! I’m never the type to review things, especially foundations bc i never find any that look so good especially after a whole day at school, but i absolutely love this! The only thing i don’t like is the small amount you get & they don’t have many shades to choose from. Sorry for the long review but just wanted to share exactly what i thought about it for anyone else who’s thinking about trying it. If you have oily/combo skin then i definitely recommend you to try this foundation!

on 12/24/2017 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a great find for me, have been very happy with this product.
I apply using my fingers, just tapping two fingers on the product and then applying to my face. If I attempt to pick up more product than a tap it balls up and does not apply smoothly.
I use UD spray primer beforehand on top of my day serum. I sometimes follow with powder but not always. Either way, this evens out my skin tone (lots of redness) without falling into my larger pores too much (you have to look close to see it).
Will certainly repurchase. Am loving it.

Update: Gorgeous application with a damp beauty blender (or Real Techniques sponge). Like, really lovely. Just bounce it on :)
Goes on great on top of my snail essence/oil free moisturizer/sunscreen am routine. Top it all off with some setting powder. Partway through the day i blot, and apply face mist. Coverage stays pretty and natural all day.
Will 100% rrpurchase.

This is my current HG...I like it even better than the liquid mousse version! This is the only foundation I have ever used that actually minimizes my pores and it makes my skin look super smooth.I figured out that a very little goes a long way, so I just lightly tap some product onto a sponge and blend, and I get a very beautiful matte finish. This doesn't even need to be set with powder! Classic Ivory 2 is the perfect shade for my NC20 golden skin. Very lightweight feeling too. I have combo oily/dry skin and this does not highlight any dry areas, just smooths right over everything. Also, does not break out my very breakout prone skin! Love this!

on 11/26/2017 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Years ago,when my skin wasn't dry like nowadays,I used to have and love maybelline matte mousse.my skin wasn't oily or combination back then but all of my friends were raving about this product so I had to have it
I remember the first day I applied it.I had never seen something like it.it was not dry like face powders and was not liquid like foundations.it was soft and velvety and had amazing coverage,so good thar there was no need to wear concealer any more! I had to use my moisturizer and tiniest amount of matte mousse which I applied with sponge and then I was good for hours
Then my skin started to change and that soft layer of velvet-like mousse on my face,started to change to a chalky dissaster.very unnatural as if I had a mask on my face.no matter how much moisturizer I used,it didn't blend with my skin.finally I had to give up on it because I looked as if I was suffering from a severe skin disease.
Recently I saw it in a friends makeup bag and she let my try it on my face.still very bad.but I can't blame my dry skin anymore.my friend has normal to combination skin and it's not even good on her.very unnatural and cakey
I don't know what to think about this product.I still know couple of people who wear this and it looks great on them.I think it's better for young girls with oily skin.if you want to wear this,you'd better not have fine lines,blemishes and hair on your skin,even very few,thin and bright colored hairs.
For me it's a ⭐
But I recommend everyone to test it.if it goes well with your skin chemistry it can be one of your best foundations and if not,it will probably be unwearable for you

on 11/18/2017 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is an amazing foundation the finish is a soft matt it gives excellent coverage I was SHOCK the first time I tried this foundation. essences also have a similar type of foundation that gives the same effect as the maybelline dream matt mouse they both gives a good eight (8) hours of wear before my oils seeps through on my oily skin I have a lot of foundations in my makeup collection and this is one of my "go to" foundation . If maybelline never come out with another foundation and leave this one on the shelves and upgrade the line with more shades NOT the FORMULA ..formula is excellent and one more good thing about this it does not oxidise I have re purchased many times and will continue to .this foundation is truly one of the hidden gems in the drug store.

on 11/17/2017 8:11:00 AM

I love this foundation. The trick is to use a brush. I use either the elf flat top powder brush or their kabuki. Just gently tap the brush into the pan then buff it into the skin. I have trouble with foundations settling into the pores on my nose, but this one does not do that. Using this product with the technique I described gives great results and I do not use a primer. Super fast application and great results. Highly recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

A drugstore foundation that I’m so curious to try
The texture is unique for me, colour is fine
However, I feel some uncomfortable itch when I use this particular products. So, to avoid a break out, I never use this product anymore. I think I’m allergic with the formula.

Ive walked past this foundation for TEN entire years. And each time, my cynical self always doubted it. A goopy foundation in a jar...so gimmicky, i thought. Until recently a huge curiousity took over me. I bought the Matte Mousse only for pure fun, and immediately envisioned myself returning it. But when I tried it on the next morning in natural lighting, I WAS IN COMPLETE AWE LIKE I'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED BEFORE. It was LOVE AT FIRST APPLICATION!

It is the most PERFECT formula ever invented. If you want a foundation that is like NATURAL BABY SOFT SKIN, non-drying, buttery, silky whipped, SOFT-FOCUS, SOFT-FILTERED and extremely light weight, there wont be anything better than this.

When i think of this foundation, i think of caramel whipped cream, butter, and a cute, soft, billowy marshmellowy magic. It makes me feel like an angel dipped in beige milk chocolate cream <3

Apply with your finger tips; its the best 'tool' for this consistency, and not with a brush or a sponge like so many others seem to be doing.
Use a mattifying loose face powder on top for locking it and further softening. You can thank me later! :)

Wear time- Amazing. Out of all the foundations ive ever tried, (and Ive tried hundreds high-end to low-end), I have never had one look this beautiful from morning to night. Its as if the soft filter never left my face. I appear fresh the entire day, and ive never experienced that before.

Please excuse me for using so much caps locks, but i am genuine and truly honest when I say that this is 100% the BEST product on the market. and I dont need to look for anything else anymore. I am 26 and my foundation search is over, its done. And I JUST WANT TO SHOUT FROM A MOUNTAIN TOP, that I dont need anything else as long as the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation is here!!