Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

This is my current HG...I like it even better than the liquid mousse version! This is the only foundation I have ever used that actually minimizes my pores and it makes my skin look super smooth.I figured out that a very little goes a long way, so I just lightly tap some product onto a sponge and blend, and I get a very beautiful matte finish. This doesn't even need to be set with powder! Classic Ivory 2 is the perfect shade for my NC20 golden skin. Very lightweight feeling too. I have combo oily/dry skin and this does not highlight any dry areas, just smooths right over everything. Also, does not break out my very breakout prone skin! Love this!

on 11/26/2017 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Years ago,when my skin wasn't dry like nowadays,I used to have and love maybelline matte mousse.my skin wasn't oily or combination back then but all of my friends were raving about this product so I had to have it
I remember the first day I applied it.I had never seen something like it.it was not dry like face powders and was not liquid like foundations.it was soft and velvety and had amazing coverage,so good thar there was no need to wear concealer any more! I had to use my moisturizer and tiniest amount of matte mousse which I applied with sponge and then I was good for hours
Then my skin started to change and that soft layer of velvet-like mousse on my face,started to change to a chalky dissaster.very unnatural as if I had a mask on my face.no matter how much moisturizer I used,it didn't blend with my skin.finally I had to give up on it because I looked as if I was suffering from a severe skin disease.
Recently I saw it in a friends makeup bag and she let my try it on my face.still very bad.but I can't blame my dry skin anymore.my friend has normal to combination skin and it's not even good on her.very unnatural and cakey
I don't know what to think about this product.I still know couple of people who wear this and it looks great on them.I think it's better for young girls with oily skin.if you want to wear this,you'd better not have fine lines,blemishes and hair on your skin,even very few,thin and bright colored hairs.
For me it's a ⭐
But I recommend everyone to test it.if it goes well with your skin chemistry it can be one of your best foundations and if not,it will probably be unwearable for you

on 11/18/2017 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is an amazing foundation the finish is a soft matt it gives excellent coverage I was SHOCK the first time I tried this foundation. essences also have a similar type of foundation that gives the same effect as the maybelline dream matt mouse they both gives a good eight (8) hours of wear before my oils seeps through on my oily skin I have a lot of foundations in my makeup collection and this is one of my "go to" foundation . If maybelline never come out with another foundation and leave this one on the shelves and upgrade the line with more shades NOT the FORMULA ..formula is excellent and one more good thing about this it does not oxidise I have re purchased many times and will continue to .this foundation is truly one of the hidden gems in the drug store.

on 11/17/2017 8:11:00 AM

I love this foundation. The trick is to use a brush. I use either the elf flat top powder brush or their kabuki. Just gently tap the brush into the pan then buff it into the skin. I have trouble with foundations settling into the pores on my nose, but this one does not do that. Using this product with the technique I described gives great results and I do not use a primer. Super fast application and great results. Highly recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

A drugstore foundation that I’m so curious to try
The texture is unique for me, colour is fine
However, I feel some uncomfortable itch when I use this particular products. So, to avoid a break out, I never use this product anymore. I think I’m allergic with the formula.

Ive walked past this foundation for TEN entire years. And each time, my cynical self always doubted it. A goopy foundation in a jar...so gimmicky, i thought. Until recently a huge curiousity took over me. I bought the Matte Mousse only for pure fun, and immediately envisioned myself returning it. But when I tried it on the next morning in natural lighting, I WAS IN COMPLETE AWE LIKE I'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED BEFORE. It was LOVE AT FIRST APPLICATION!

It is the most PERFECT formula ever invented. If you want a foundation that is like NATURAL BABY SOFT SKIN, non-drying, buttery, silky whipped, SOFT-FOCUS, SOFT-FILTERED and extremely light weight, there wont be anything better than this.

When i think of this foundation, i think of caramel whipped cream, butter, and a cute, soft, billowy marshmellowy magic. It makes me feel like an angel dipped in beige milk chocolate cream <3

Apply with your finger tips; its the best 'tool' for this consistency, and not with a brush or a sponge like so many others seem to be doing.
Use a mattifying loose face powder on top for locking it and further softening. You can thank me later! :)

Wear time- Amazing. Out of all the foundations ive ever tried, (and Ive tried hundreds high-end to low-end), I have never had one look this beautiful from morning to night. Its as if the soft filter never left my face. I appear fresh the entire day, and ive never experienced that before.

Please excuse me for using so much caps locks, but i am genuine and truly honest when I say that this is 100% the BEST product on the market. and I dont need to look for anything else anymore. I am 26 and my foundation search is over, its done. And I JUST WANT TO SHOUT FROM A MOUNTAIN TOP, that I dont need anything else as long as the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation is here!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Unlike a lot of reviewers, this is my hg foundation. I have used anything from wet n' wild to urban decay. This is my favorite formula , it just works for my skin. I don't use a primer under this because I have tried benefits porefessional underneith and it made it too chalky and didn't seem to stick well. I set this with a finishing powder. I don't normally even use concealer with this because it gives me 100% coverage. I have used this for years and will continue to do so.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I remember liking this when I was in high school when it was still a new product. Back then, my skin wasn't really as sensitive as it is now, and it was relatively clear, so I could put whatever I wanted on it and it would be fine. However, I do remember the weird, cakey, goopy-yet-slide-y way this stuff felt and I can safely say that today's version of me would not like this at all. Back in the day the whipped, moussey texture was interesting for a drug store product, but now that I have tried better foundations I know my bar was just set pretty low. Also, the shade range sucked, and it was always too orange for my skin. That didn't stop me from piling it on though. Oh, to be young and have nice skin with little to no effort again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say, I had my doubts about using this and the mousse texture was initially off putting. But with the right amount, the right technique and the right brush, it goes on beautifully. I use this as a cheaper, secondary foundation for when I'm going down to the shops and running errands. It features a buildable coverage and I like to only use a small amount of it. I find that the more I use, the more it flakes on my skin. I have dry skin and this foundation looks silly if there is too much on my face. A little amount gives me great results.

on 8/28/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i used to love this as a Teenager but the lightest color is way to dark on my nc15 skin.
The textur is quiet heavy looking for my taste.

My recomandation is to use m.asam magic finish - reviewed that check out if you like.