Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Unlike a lot of reviewers, this is my hg foundation. I have used anything from wet n' wild to urban decay. This is my favorite formula , it just works for my skin. I don't use a primer under this because I have tried benefits porefessional underneith and it made it too chalky and didn't seem to stick well. I set this with a finishing powder. I don't normally even use concealer with this because it gives me 100% coverage. I have used this for years and will continue to do so.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I remember liking this when I was in high school when it was still a new product. Back then, my skin wasn't really as sensitive as it is now, and it was relatively clear, so I could put whatever I wanted on it and it would be fine. However, I do remember the weird, cakey, goopy-yet-slide-y way this stuff felt and I can safely say that today's version of me would not like this at all. Back in the day the whipped, moussey texture was interesting for a drug store product, but now that I have tried better foundations I know my bar was just set pretty low. Also, the shade range sucked, and it was always too orange for my skin. That didn't stop me from piling it on though. Oh, to be young and have nice skin with little to no effort again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only saw one other review on this board that mentions the ONLY way I like to wear this foundation - after applying moisturizer and oil-control primer (Neutrogena), I apply a light coating of this before my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. The end result is that my 50 year old skin does not need powder to set this; I get an ultra-smooth complexion and all day wear by combining the two together. As ladies over 40 or so know, using powder to set your foundation can look a bit harsh; if you've still got oily skin by the time you're 50 (like I do), this is a great way to get smooth skin, full coverage and look virtually air-brushed all day. I also have enlarged pores (ugh!), and find that using this first, under the Double Wear, helps blur them more than just the Double Wear alone. The only part of my face I do use powder on is under my eyes, to help set my eyeliner. In case you're wondering, I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear in W2 - Sand, and the shade I use in the Dream Matte Mousse is Classic Ivory (both warm tones). No oxidation with this method of application either. I apply the Dream Matte Mousse with my fingers; the Double Wear with a damp Beauty Blender.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say, I had my doubts about using this and the mousse texture was initially off putting. But with the right amount, the right technique and the right brush, it goes on beautifully. I use this as a cheaper, secondary foundation for when I'm going down to the shops and running errands. It features a buildable coverage and I like to only use a small amount of it. I find that the more I use, the more it flakes on my skin. I have dry skin and this foundation looks silly if there is too much on my face. A little amount gives me great results.

on 8/28/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i used to love this as a Teenager but the lightest color is way to dark on my nc15 skin.
The textur is quiet heavy looking for my taste.

My recomandation is to use m.asam magic finish - reviewed that check out if you like.

I loved this foundation when I was a teenager, now I bought it again to see if I still love it...

And I do love this foundation! so light and fluffy <3

on 7/21/2017 10:24:00 PM

I was pretty amazed by this foundation.I have walked by this product too many times to count.I always bought the FIT ME foundation.I decided to change up my foundation. At first,when I opened this I was quite frightened.
The color looked way off & it didn't looked "whipped" or "mousse-like". When applying to my face,still scared since it was staying the color. I kept applying & finally the colored had toned down alot. I was super happy with the final turn out of this foundation. My skin looked super smooth . Definitely matte. Stayed true to color entire day. Did not oxidize,which I most afraid of it doing. I would definitely re-purchase this foundation! A+

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm glad I tried this, because otherwise it's strictly powder or mineral foundation for this oily/sensitive skin, but it's not going to be a good daytime/summertime foundation and I worry the mousse will not be useful anymore in a few months. For now I save it for nighttime looks. I use a damp beauty blender AND a drop or two of Maracuja oil to apply. Otherwise it just breaks up in a few hours, and on its own I think the texture is too heavy for my skin because I'm self conscious about my pores and this seems to want to settle in around them. With the maracuja it's really not so bad -- it's more smoothing and holds itself up a bit longer. The coverage is actually quite decent for areas of redness and evening out the overall tone of my face. So many mixed feelings. In the end I think I've tried better, I've tried worse. If this is helpful I am NC20 and use Nude (Light 4.)

on 7/27/2017 4:06:00 PM

Ok I've been using this for years on and off whenever the discontinued one of my favorites something they always seem to do! And this is good it gives full coverage goes on smooth and really makes a flawless look and nude is the perfect shade for my skin it's warm toned which is hard to find so it doesn't make my skin look that fake pink. But here's the bad if it's not fresh it pills and the colour will change over time to a darker more orange shade and it's not so smooth to apply and can make your skin look dry. Sometimes it had brand new jars that come that way but usually it starts off perfect and by halfway down it changes to yucky. So it's not a fav since I can only get half a jar use before it's no good but in a bind it works until I can find something else, I really wished they would stop discontinuing the great foundations such as that one that was creamy but looked like powder but wasn't powder that was awesome and superstay when they changed superstay to their new and improved they really pissed me off that was the best foundation I have used out of high end and low end brands now I can't find anything that works for my skin and I'm thinking of giving up on them. And will be using Mac, cover fx etc. I am a make up artist and I have preferred some of their old products over pro products but seems like that's changed now. If you could figure out how to stop dream matte from oxidizing and pulling up over time it would be great foundation.

on 6/18/2017 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Okay so this took some getting used to but once I figured out how to properly apply it, I'm in love.
It feels like silk rolling onto your skin and gives a beautiful medium to full coverage, My skin tends to be oily and even though it's a moisture based foundation, it didn't make me seem shiny. It's definitely buildable and you can also sheer it out by using less product, it spreads beautifully. I have yet to use it with a brush but it is great on my beauty blender and I think it's a great drug store product.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 Lipsticks is because it took a little practice to get a good finish, and there's not much product if you're a full coverage girl.

Best advice I can give is to start out with less than you think you're going to need!!!