Annick Goutal Heure Exquise

Annick Goutal Heure Exquise

3.9

on 3/19/2018 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

More Chanel than Chanel itself--it's like the Platonic idea of Chanel. Powdery, cool, sophisticated, serene. The AG website used to present it as a rose scent with iris, and now describes it as an iris scent with rose. But to me it's equally composed of rose, iris, and sandalwood. Glorious.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

GORGEOUS!!! A beautiful masterpiece. I love this. I have a huge perfume collection, and this is definitely one of my top 5 favorites. I swoon every time I wear it.

on 3/18/2015 12:31:00 PM

This perfume is like a lighter version of Heure Blue from Guerlain. It has less nostalgia and a bit more of sensuality.Is not headache inducing like HB. A true masterpiece. For those who like HB but can't stand it's power this is your solution.

on 1/21/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Two star meritorious, but I wouldn't reach for this often.

Kalishka below describes buttery powdery sandalwood and iris. Agree.

I don't find it similar to my bottle of vintage Chanel 19 edT - that has more sharp Galbanum and this is more quietly green to my mind - almost the powdery quality people attribute to Guerlain Chamade, minus the hyacinth.

This is vintage in feeling (I am a vintage perfume lover). Something about it evokes green chypre to me, and this is certainly easier to wear. Not fusty, musty by any means,but evocative of retro, yes.

on 10/14/2012 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have no idea what this scent contains as I am a fragrance n00b. But I knew what I wanted to smell like. And it was the smell of good old fashioned bar soap, that my little brother stole back home from his military camp. He did not have much money for Christmas presents so he gave me a couple of bars of his military soap. I loved the smell of this soap, but it would never last on my skin for long. So I went on for searching a perfume that would give me the very same clean, soapy, powdery, vintage scent. I described what I wanted to the boys at the Annick Goutal counter, but unfortunately the scent Folavril that makeupalley board recommended to me had disappeared. So the boys at the counter were helpful and started to spray me. The 2 scents on my wrists were too citrusy, then as I was almost leaving the boy came with a sample strip, with Heure Excuise, and it was the one. I knew it! My military soap fragrance!

This is indeed very similar to Chanel No.19 EDT, especially the lovely Iris dominated in the drydown. To my nose, Heure Exquise is slightly heavier than No.19.

on 5/24/2012 1:06:00 PM

All the positive reviews before mine are on the money.

Heure Exquise is vintage in the best sense of the word. Makes me feel like I should be sitting in front of a huge mirrored vanity with a satin robe and marabou slippers; dusting myself silly with a swan's down powder puff filled with expensive French talcum powder. It's one of those fragrances that works regardless of season or time of day. It should be noted that I have the EDP, not the EDT.

continued >>

on 2/2/2012 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thank you thank you thank you Noisome. Yes, this is indeed Chanel No. 19 in EdT. I KNEW I had smelled this before and couldn't place it and then you hit the nail on the head. This is very lovely. Soft rose, iris and I would guess mosses. Restrained sillage, but still noticeable by the wearer (No. 19 is stronger). I have Chanel No. 19 in EdT so you have saved me buying this on a lemming spree. If you don't have No. 19 or can't get it, get this. Either are beautiful, feminine refined beauties that you can't go wrong with. Sadly, both seem to be getting harder and harder to find. Happy sniffing!

By the way, No. 19 in EdP is a completely different scent to my nose. Stronger, harsher, less round and feminine, less comforting. More vetiver . . . MUCH more vetiver. Both are still beautiful though I prefer the EdT in 19 as I do in No. 5.

on 2/11/2011 10:23:00 PM

Sophisticated...
Powdery sensuality that comes from afar, elegant sensuality and not primitive, ethereal, mystical... And expensive Iris. Deep, not for the amateurish (Annick would recommend it to those with some experience in the matters of love). It's deep purple... almost black. You are caught in the twilight zone, but you are confident enough to delight, and not get scared. Don't judge it from the first few seconds... Let it rest on you, and envelop you in its magic. I love it. I possess it, and I'm possessed by it...

on 6/25/2010 2:53:00 AM

Redundant to say so, but this *is* Chanel No 19 with a soul, even if the notes don't exactly correspond. Somewhere in the drydown I can smell a purse full of freshly printed cash. Below I see a reviewer comparing it to Guerlain's htf Voilette de Madame; not untrue but I find Heure Exquise much easier to wear. Discounting the timeline of the art I see this evolution; of the warmly vulgar to the austerely cold : Voilette De Madame>Heure Exquise>Chanel No 19.

Popular Fragrances