Almay Nearly Naked Touch Pad Liquid Blush - Berry Nude

No Image

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This color gets a couple notches higher than the other one I own in peach...at least the color shows up on my skin. (I'm extremely pale, so this shouldn't be a challenge). However, it doesn't look berry at all to me. It looks pink. Its not a bad shade, but not what I was expecting. I don't use it alone because it doesn't suit me well, so I layer it with a better shaded powder over top. It just deepens the color and gives a bit of lasting power. I won't repurchase, because I don't care for it by itself and as I mentioned in my other review....its not suiting its intended purpose and able to stand on its own.

They're revamping their line, so I found this on clearance at Savon for five bucks. Its a nice glowy color but I'm not sure it suits my coloring; a bit too pink. Doesn't last long but is nongreasy. Only d/s gel blush I've been able to find, so this suits my needs for withstanding the LA weather

I am a huge fan of blushes - especially tints and gels, so after reading good reviews on this one, I just had to give it a try. It was about CDN$10 which is a tad pricey but I did like the berry pink shade on the foil wrapper cover ... however, the true colour of the product turned out to be a tad warmer than I prefer. I really dislike warm berryish shades because they make my yellow untertoned skin look sunburned -- this Almay Berry Nude is on the borderline for me. The staying power is also not the greatest ... I've seen worse, but this could be better. All in all, I could see myeslf liking this product more if the shade was a tad cooler (eg. Tarte flush cheekstain) and if it stained my cheeks a little longer. I will probably throw this around in my purse for emergencies, but I definitely won't be buying this again.

I love gel and liquid blushes, so much better than powder. This is a very nice, slightly shimery natural looking pink color. It is sheer and also has never broke me out in acne. Good stuff but I prefer my Tarte gel blush in Flush (my HG.)

on 11/6/2005 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Just what I needed, another blush! I am so glad I got this though, it has quickly become one of my favorites! I love liquid and cream blushes for the way they blend into my skin and make me look like I am glowing from within. I chose the Berry Nude shade, after reading reviews here that the pink shade barely showed up. I have pale, neutral-toned skin, but I do get a bit of a tan in the summer. I like blushes that actually show up (otherwise, why bother!) but still look natural. This one is perfect. It is a neutral, medium-pink shade. I just touch my finger tip to the pad (which my pad is getting a darker spot in the middle after a couple of months of use; although this doesnít seem to affect the performance of the product, it just looks kind of gross). This gives me just the right amount of blush for one cheek. It looks and feels a little greasy on my fingertip, but once I blend it into the apples of my cheeks, it looks smooth and natural. There isnít any noticeable shimmer that I can see; it just gives my cheeks a really natural flush. Iíve been using this for months now, and I still seem to have plenty of product left. I would definitely purchase again, and am thinking about trying it in some other shades.

This blush is pretty rad. I love how sheer it is and how natural it looks. I normally buy the cheapy blush but decided to venture outside the $2-3 powder blush and move onto something more "grow-up" and refined. I do have to layer it on just because it's so sheer (I'm olived- tone, light- skinned chick) but it's pretty amazing. It's not that expensive but I'm trying to adjust to the price of moving away from the cheapy stuff. It does go on kinda berry-ish but not in a purple kind of way. Just prettty!

on 6/6/2005 5:18:00 PM

Excellent creme blush. very light and moisturizing. This color shows very well on darker skins. Can be combines with the pink shade for lighter color.

on 4/20/2005 1:00:00 PM

This is a medium berry liquid blush. I'm a cool toned PPP, and was worried about it being too dark, but the color is very natural looking, and you can always layer (or not) for varying intensity. It is not greasy on my cheeks (though I have dry cheeks; on oily ones it might not work as well), but leaves a slightly greasy residue on fingers, so I always wash my hands after applying. The only real drawback is the screw-top lid--sometimes it doesn't want to open! Almay needs to retool their packaging, but I would repurchase for the shade.

on 3/19/2005 9:08:00 PM

This is darling! It is very easy to blend and to control how much you want on. If I ever go overboard, I just rub some moisturizer onto my cheeks. It's a VERY natural flush and it lasts a long time. I'm quite pale and it does give a cold winter flush to my face - a true blush, like you'd imagine a doll would have. There's a pic of me wearing it in my member bio. I love it and wear it nearly every day!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I don't quite know what to say about these things. They aren't good but they aren't bad either. I really wish almay would make better tones for more darker skined people. This particular pink ain't bad but I was hopping it would be more berrish than flat aout pink. I think unless they come out with some darker colors I'll pass. The sheernes doesn't bother me that much as you can always build up.