L'Oreal Paris Colour Juice in Strength

L'Oreal Paris Colour Juice in Strength

3.9

on 10/3/2005 9:46:00 AM

Happily, a little discount beauty store has opened up on my block and this was one of my first purchases there (this was a LE item and ended up only costing me 3 bucks). In the tube, "Strength" appears to be a lovely bronzey, rose-brown with lots of gold shimmers. Unfortunately, this is not as pigmented as some of the other Color Juices so that (on my medium-pigmented lips) it shows up as a shimmery, warm-toned, sheer glaze. There's definitely more color there, and it's rather nice for a MLBB sort of look (and works well with a variety of lipliner/base colors), but I would've preferred something more...strong :p Very sticky and has that same odd, tangy, iced tea sort of scent that the other CJs have. As well, this comes packaged in a fairly big squeeze tube with a rounded applicator--less than ideal but it'll do. Can't argue about the price I paid for it, though I might hesitate to pay the 7-8 USD that Color Juices normally cost.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this for a quick, easy lip gloss. I received it as a gift from my sister, and it's a really pretty color. Being sheer works to its advantage when you experiment layering it over various pencils. It can be a really pretty (and natural) look.

This stuff doesn't have enough pigment. It's quite sheer.

The applicator on this thing is driving me crazy, but I'm overlooking that, because the lipgloss itself I'm definitely very happy with. The staying power is exceptional for a drugstore lipgloss, it outlasted my JT. Another thing that surprised me is that not only is the packaging between a JT and CJ the same, so is the formula, and surprisingly, so was the smell - between this particular CJ, and my JT in Daiquiri [EXACT same smell! EXACT!!]. So really .. why bother getting JTs anymore? I'll just get a CJ, and be happy about getting a DEAL, rather than being happy about buying something that'd brandname [but a complete ripoff when you realize they're the same thing .. I mean, the same SMELL?? I know L'Oreal owns Lancome, but they could have tried to make it a bit less obvious .. I know it was a coincidence I happen to own the two with the same smell, the others smell different, but still .. geez].
The colour is great - don't be scared off by the colour in the tube, it comes out like a rose-ish pink, and a medium amount of shimmer. The shade is subtle, and the glitter just adds a bit more to it, if you ask me.
Anyway, it was pricier for a drugstore lipgloss, but when you compare it to it's Lancome counterpart .. definitely a steal, considering it lasted longer on SEVERAL occasions [for me], and the formula and smell are really the same.

This is a lovely sheer bronze gloss. In the tube it looks much darker. CG's are a bit sticky but nothing too bad. I can't put my finger on exactly what this smells like but it's a sweet candy smell. Yummy!!!

on 11/10/2004 10:17:00 AM

I like this! It looks very bold in the tube, but it shows up a pretty sheer bronze with shimmer on my lips. It lasts for a decent amount of time considering i'm a gloss eater. And it smells nice too. The only thing I don't love about it, is it isn't the smoothest gloss going on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this color. I have very brightly pink pigmented lips and I like to look for lip products that "tone" it down a bit w/o adding too much additional color so I can achieve a sorta natural look. Strength looks like a bronzey mauvey color w/ tons of shimmer in the tube. When I apply it(I have to pur a couple coats, though as this is prety sheer), my lips look like a soft nudey slightly bronzed pink w/ tons of golden shimmer. This is a great product for someone who just wants to tone down the color of too pink lips just a bit while showcasing some dazzling shimmer! It felt sorta sticky at first, but after a bit, I didn't really notice it anymore. Great product for the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my first CJ. It is sheer but does have enough mauve pigment to even out liptone. It's perfect over Wet'n'Wild's 666 pencil.

on 9/21/2004 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

A gorgeous sheer plum with golden shimmer. I heard that this was a re-release of Maiden in Raisin which I wanted to try for a while so I made sure I got a hold of one these. Of course it has the typical "fruity" fragrance that all Color Juices have. Great for days you don't want to look too made up and looks great on DDDs.

This is so beautiful in the tube! However, on my lips it is barely visable. I normally like sheer gloss, but this is entirely too sheer! Looks like clear gloss with gold sparkles in it on...in the tube it is plummy with gold sheen.