Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel

3.8

Not tested on animals

Organic Juices of Pyrus Malus (Apple) Juice (Malic), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Juice (Citric) & Vitis Vinifera (White Grape) Juice (Tartaric), Organic Raw Cane Sugar (Glycolic), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract (Salicylic), Organic Milk Peptides (Lactic), Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Organic Algae Extract, Sclerotium Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate & Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Phospholipids, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Tetrasodium Edta, Xanthan Gum, Azulene. 5/21/09

First off, I got a squeeze-tube sample size of this through a subscription beauty box.
I was hesitant to try this at first because my skin is very sensitive and can react badly to certain products - that said, I've been on the hunt for a good chemical peel as lately I've accumulated a lot of acne scarring, blackhead and white heads.
I followed the directions as stated - generous layer for 10 minutes & rinse off. I did this after I cleansed my face in the shower. Upon application, your skin will tingle and tighten but that sensation goes away after a minute (or two). After that, the serum will dry up into a thin layer.
The slight burn & tingle was fine - it was not uncomfortable, but you can definitely feel it on your skin. Post-rinse, I noticed that my face looked brighter but that there was no noticeable difference in the size of my blackheads or that my acne scars had lightened. Perhaps I need to use it a couple of times before I see a difference, but for the price you're paying you'd want something that would at least generate something after one use.
However, I do notice that some light shedding of my skin / dryness the next morning so perhaps this is good for getting rid of any dead skin. Also, because some of my skin has shed, I think it will make extraction of any white heads easier. That being said, that's not the purpose of this product haha.
It is definitely a at-home/spa-grade peel.
While the product came in a squeeze-tube, I think a jar is unhygienic. The price is also pricey for what little it accomplishes. I won't be purchasing a full-size of this any time soon, but I will continue using what I have left and hopefully I can see a difference in my complexion.

on 2/18/2016 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I think this is a nice, gentle little peel. I'm not looking for my skin to need alot of repair time so this one works for me. The smell is a little strange, but it is not offensive. This has definitely helped to make the pores on my nose less visible. They are still there by all means, but gradually getting better. Quick and easy. Will definitely repurchase.

To Read all 174 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/17/2015 7:31:00 AM

I received a sample size of this in a recent Birchbox and I am not impressed. Perhaps I had a batch that was sub-par, or just expired (even though the tube was sealed) as the product was excessively runny and had a strange smell. Other reviews have noted that this had a fake green apple scent, but all I could smell was something slightly moldy.

I applied this anyway and was underwhelmed. For reference I have dry skin on my cheeks and oily nose and chin. I have dark spots on my cheeks and forehead. This peel is supposed to help with dark spots and wrinkles, and I suppose it you use it long enough then you might see a difference because of the exfoliation. But all this did was dry out my skin and cause it to flake and become very tight.

I will not be purchasing a full size of this, I think this is a little too harsh for my skin despite it being specifically for sensitive skin.

on 3/20/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is advertised as pregnancy safe (though yes, your doc will be more reliable than some random internet blurb). I thought it might be a bit wimpy as a result, but nope, it definitely gets a reaction from my skin. The tingle was definitely noticeable, and the glow after subtle. I use this about once a week and it's kept me clear. Any more than that is too much and usually results in a smattering of whiteheads.

I like that the smell is really apple and not a lab create version of the scent. Texture is a bizarre apple sauce-jello-souffle type of deal. No pump (probably wouldn't work due to the viscosity) so just scoop out with a fresh popsicle stick, measuring spoon, or really clean hands.

Nice to be able to give the retinol a rest but still not look like crap until baby arrives.

on 5/20/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am on my 5th jar. I use it once a week after another masque from Shima skin are. In the AM my skin has that healthy glow. It doesn't always tingle, I leave it on for 10-15 mins. It's a perfect addition to my skin care regimen.

This review is for the regular (not sensitive) version.

At first glance, this product seemed just about perfect for me: all-natural ingredients and multiple fruit acids. Unfortunately, after using it at least 25 times, I cannot say there have been any cosmetic benefits.

It definitely does turn your face red and create a warming/irritating sensation, so you know it's doing *something*. Perhaps this is the citric acid? I am not sure. Regardless, none of the benefits you would come to expect from even a glycolic solution (smoother skin, for example) seem to be happening, and I have used this product 4-5x/week for more than a month.

I think they need to reformulate, reduce the amount of citric acid (or maybe get rid of it completely?), and increase the amount of the other acids (glycolic/salicylic/tartaric/malic).

On a separate note, I emailed the company a week ago about their product's ingredients, got a form response confirming receipt, and then no email after that, which I didn't really like. I think there is a lot of potential/promise here, but they are letting it go to waste.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

What can I say about this product? (Green Apple Full Strength)

Ehhhhhhhhhhh. It's not bad, but it's not great either. (for me)

My skin can handle a lot so I wasn't worried when I read about the users experiencing redness. I really liked the idea that it was organic and was hoping for some great results, but overall I felt the product was a little weak. It barely stung for 2 min and then went away.

I should probably mention here, I am cystic acne prone which is the worstttt lol. I did notice it helped my surface acne to an extent. Skin does feel soft afterwards which is nice but overall, i did not notice much improvement complexion wise, however, that's probably due to the fact i keep breaking out!! lol dare I say, #CysticAcneProblems :(

on 2/26/2014 8:13:00 PM

I have never been afraid to use a product again before this. I have skin that is well-trained to tolerate peels and all kinds of treatments. I applied this mask and left it on for ten minutes when I felt my face getting really hot. I though, "No big deal, I'll take a look at what is going on." I almost dropped the mirror in shock. My whole face was scarlet. SCARLET! I ran to the bathroom to wash everything off but the blotchy red marks stayed for hours afterwards. I had to apply a soothing ointment over my face for the rest of the night and pray I could go to work the next day. I think this product is too strong for the recommended time limit (ten minutes).

on 2/25/2014 8:39:00 PM

Ok. I have ridiculously sensitive skin. Prone to redness and eczema on my face. I received a sample size of this product in a subscription box so I thought I'd give it a go one night (so if the reaction was severe redness, I at least had the night to recover). Well it didn't sting at all. Just a tiny refreshing tingle then a few minutes later a warming sensation. Nothing uncomfortable at all.
Yep, my skin looks amazing and refreshed and supple and more even in tone. I am in love with this stuff and as soon as my sample jar gets low I will be re-ordering it.

Pros: Even skin tone. Easy to use. Brightened refreshed looking skin
Cons: Ok it is a little bit expensive, but you hardly use any so a 60mL jar should last a very very long time. Well worth it in my opinion.

on 2/9/2014 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of this in a little jar to try. OMG. I rubbed it in my palms and smoothed it over my cheeks and I felt like tiny needles were going over my skin. It burned. I managed to leave it on for 15 minutes. But when I touched my face it hurt. I washed it off and my skin looked normal as usual. I applied a tinted moisturizer with SPF and went about my day. That night I washed my face and my whole face had red patched and tiny bumps. Especially around the areas that had burned. Now my face looks like its sunburned and I have tiny pimples everywhere. :( sadly, I will not be purchasing this