Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Propyl Acetate, Calcium Panthothenate, Hydrolyzed Protein, Vitamin E Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Butyl Acetate, Metyl Ethyl Ketone, Heptane, Formaldehyde Resin, Dibutyl Phthalate, Camphor, Methanal, Butyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Polyvinyl Butyral, Etocrylene, Stearalkonium, Hectorite, Sulfoamino Acid, Garlic Extract

on 12/29/2014 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a smaller bottle of this to try and I don't see a huge difference in the growth or shape of the nails. I am still peeling, cracking, and get to that certain length before they start the process. I thought this would prevent it or help, but it doesn't seem to do much.

My nails feel harder but not growing any differently. I also think this is a tad overpriced and have better results from Poshe basecoat that touts the same thing.

on 6/28/2013 11:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Terrible basecoat, my polish chips like crazy. The packaging is crap and the cap always falls apart, requiring me to superglue it back together. The price is kind of ridiculous. But all that aside, this product really does what it says. Whenever I break a few nails within a short period I take a break from polish and give my nails some R&R with this for a few days. It really amps up the growth and strengthens my nails quickly. I've already gone through three bottles and will continue to buy it because flaws aside, it really does work.

To Read all 44 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/7/2013 10:38:00 PM

For me, the Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator is a poor value. It chipped like mad. Within 24 hours most of the tips would be gone. It did strengthen my softest nails a little while it was on. And the brush came away from the cap.

As a base coat under polish it did a decent job preventing staining, but didn't prolong the life of my mani. I used it for a month on one hand, following the package directions. At the same time I used Nail Tek's Citra 2 on the other hand. Both did (and didn't) strengthen my nails similarly. Citra 2 lasted much longer, but takes forever to dry.

on 2/26/2013 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This contains Formaldehyde, which is a shame because I thought that Zoya (more natural brand) did not use it in their products.
IF you are pregnant do not use this product. Formaldehyde is a carcinogen/toxic.

I used to wear acrylics, in fact I wore them for about 20 years. At the beginning of this year, I decided to go 'au natural' with my nails and had the acrylics removed. I used nailtiques artificial nail repair for the first couple of months and then tried a myriad of different products to aid in my nail growth.

I fell across this product and have been using it successfully for the past 3 months or so (I am on my second bottle). My nails are definitely growing and are extremely strong. I think maybe a little too strong as when they break, they break off completely. I have been having a problem with some of them peeling lately, but I don't think it is this product.

I use it in conjunction with Perfect Formula strengthening formula, I also make sure I use a cuticle oil (either nailtiques, Perfect Formula, Pai or use Liz Earle on my lips and nails) and I also make sure I use what I think is the best hand cream out there with is H2O Hand & Nail Lotion.

on 1/28/2012 2:57:00 PM

I bought this a few days ago. (1/26/2012) and used it right away. I did one coat of just the Qtica and let it be. Later that night I decided to lightly press on my nails, just to see if one coat does anything. I was SHOCKED!! I have always had very weak, brittle nails that peel and chip. But I actually got some resistance. I haven't seen any growth, but its only been two days. I'll update again soon! I love this stuff so far!
**Update**(1/31/2012)
I love this stuff. I notice a HUGE resistance difference when I lightly press on them. I have noticed my nails growing slightly faster. And I like that, since my nails grow extremely slow.

on 7/13/2011 3:33:00 PM

I am a real bad nail biter. Gross i know, but this stuff makes my nails grow so quickly its unreal! Also i love how its like a top coat so it makes your nails shiny looking. Love it but it is quite hard to get hold of. Thinking on repurchasing some more very soon :) Would definately recommend.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I would give this 5 lipsticks except for the price, $20.00 for the .5 fl oz bottle. Other than that this product does EXACTLY what it says, although I apply it every day rather than just every 2-3 days. No other nail growth stimulator works as well as Qtica's. Overall, the price is a bit high but it won't stop me from repurchasing again and again.

I started using this product about a month ago, when I got a really bad break. I had some issues with peeling but most of that had cleared up.
This made my nails so strong! I was no anticipating that! My nails are so resistant to breaking, it's wonderful.
I have to keep my nails short for my job, and I am filing then down more than ever. Any breaks I do get- grow out very fast and I haven't had a peelie in weeks.
How I use it: I apply this under my base coat (either CND Stickey or Zoya Anchor).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

So far, I'm not impressed. I've been using this for 2 1/2 weeks with poor results. I will continue to use this for a month and give an update just to be fair. First off, my nails were always thin, weak, peeling, flexible, short and stumpy. For years, I took the easy way out and put on acrylics. About a 6 months ago, I took off the acrylics (face it, they look fake and tacky) and started to grow my natural nails. For some reason, every time I apply this, it peels off! I follow the instructions to a T and it still peels off especially when I add the additional coats every other day like it says to do. Also, with this, I've broken a nail almost daily and need to file it down. After over two weeks, I only have 5 nails past the skin line and a very small growth at that. Also, for $20, I expect miracles! The bottle is thick and bulky too with an awkward top. But, if this product ever works for me, I would deal with the price and packaging.

Popular Treatments