SkinMedica RETINOL COMPLEX

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
SkinMedica RETINOL COMPLEX

4.5

Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinyl Acetate, Retinol, Rice Bran Extract (Tocotrienol), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopheryl, Canadian Willowherb Extract, Green Tea Extract, Bisabolol, Phytantriol, Sodium Polyaspartate, Soybean Oil, Cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-2, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This retinol cream works great for me! It took a few months to get over the slight peeling and redness I got at first. But after that, my skin has never looked better :) So really good product although it's very expensive. P.s. I used the 0.5% concentration.

This is by far the best retinol product on the market. I've used a few retinol products: Retin-A, generic tretinoin and Roc Wrinkle Repair...all of which caused intense dryness and mixed results. I was previously using Roc's Retinol when my derm gave me a sample of Skinmedica's Retinol Complex. Surprisingly it makes my skin feel moisturized, not dry at all! My skin has never been clearer or smoother. I use it every night where as with the other retinol products I could only use every other night because of how harsh they were. It is totally worth the price!

Update: Still an amazing Retinol Product, but I tried Atralin .05% gel and it was even more moisturizing than this! Atralin and Skinmedica's Retinol Complex are the first moisturizing and non-irritating retinols I've used. I highly recommend trying either of them!

on 10/30/2007 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am in my 40's and always looking for an effective retinol product. I heard this was as good as prescription strength retinol products, so decided to give it a try. I really like this product. I have been using it for a few months now and my skin looks fresh and more even in tone. I also like Neutrogena's Advanced Solutions though and am not sure I am getting that much more "bang for the buck" with this product. The cost difference between the two is significant so I am not sure I will repurchase this!
Edit 2/12/08: I have continued with Neutrogena's retinol products and have been VERY happy with the results. The SkinMedica did not produce any significant difference, but cost much, much more.

on 12/17/2004 4:07:00 AM

I love this retinol cream. I was using a prescription cream, Alustra, which contains a generous dose of retinol and gave me great results, but I was surprised to find that this is much more effective (and a lot cheaper). My skin has never looked this good, and with no redness! I've found that I only need about the size of a pea to cover my whole face, as it's a very thin cream, and I only need to use it once a day to acheive great results. One of my HG skin products.