SkinMedica RETINOL COMPLEX

Filtered by hair type : Straight
SkinMedica RETINOL COMPLEX

3.3

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I was looking for a replacement for Skinceuticals .5% retinol and tried this. It is a lightweight lotion that absorbs easily into the skin and does not cause my combo skin to breakout. Contains a blend of three types of vitamin A. This makes my skin feel great. Most retinol creams are very drying for me and I have to apply a moisturizer on top. However, I would have to say that the retinol strength of this product is not any different than the much more affordable OTC retinols ( Neutrogena and Avon) that I have tried. I would repurchase if it was a higher percentage retinol and did not have paraben preservatives in it.

on 3/24/2008 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of the SkinMedica Retinol Complex with my last skinstore.com order. I would be more interested in this product if I didn't know how much more effective retinaldehyde (found in Avene products such as Retrinal, Eluage, and Ystheal) and prescription retinoids are than retinol. (Tetrakis's notepad explains this.) For those whose skin is so sensitive that they truly can't use retinaldehyde or prescription retinoids, this is a nice, though pricey, option. It is moisturizing (though those with dry skin may not find it hydrating enough), and it has a nice texture. It is not fragranced, but it does have a slightly unpleasant smell that fortunately dissipates quickly. Overall, this product isn't really for me, but it might be great for others.
Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinyl Acetate, Retinol, Rice Bran Extract (Tocotrienol), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopheryl, Canadian Willowherb Extract, Green Tea Extract, Bisabolol, Phytantriol, Sodium Polyaspartate, Soybean Oil, Cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-2, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA. continued >>

on 10/12/2006 2:58:00 PM

UPDATE: I take it back. I ran out of this. Between orders I started using my left over tube of Avene again and WOW...it really does do a much better job than this, just didn't realize it until I took a break from it. This is still a good product and definitely not as harsh as Avene, but my skin just looks 10x's better using Diacineal and Eluage and Avene is so much cheaper. Will not be using this anymore.

This is the 3rd retinol product I've used, and it will be the only one I use from now on. Tried green cream (6 & 9) and Avene. This one beats them both hands down. I don't know if it's because of the 3 different type of retinol or the inclusion of Vit E or what, but this one does what I was hoping the others would do...make my skin more even toned, regulate oil, reduce fine lines, and make pores appear smaller. I use this with a 20% glycolic cream (1st the cream, let it soak in for a few, then this) and my skin has never looked smoother. I was using it every other night, but the morning after my 'off' days, my skin just looked dull and lifeless, so now I use it nightly. Great stuff!