SkinMedica RETINOL COMPLEX

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
SkinMedica RETINOL COMPLEX

4.6

Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinyl Acetate, Retinol, Rice Bran Extract (Tocotrienol), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopheryl, Canadian Willowherb Extract, Green Tea Extract, Bisabolol, Phytantriol, Sodium Polyaspartate, Soybean Oil, Cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-2, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA

on 12/6/2015 4:04:00 PM

I use this instead of retin A less harsh beautiful results I have some for sale on ebay for 39.99

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This retinol cream works great for me! It took a few months to get over the slight peeling and redness I got at first. But after that, my skin has never looked better :) So really good product although it's very expensive. P.s. I used the 0.5% concentration.

on 9/27/2013 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a very good retinol product to use .both in terms of quality of products used and the results.i am soon going to be 35,but people just dont beleive it.thanks to all the products especially this one.highly reccomend

on 3/30/2011 6:37:00 PM

HG product! I use this every other night and it has transformed my skin!! I use after I wash my face in the evenings followed by La Mer -- When I wake up my skin is silky smooth & flawless. Its a bit expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion!! I have repurchased 3 times --- it lasts me about 9 months +/-

on 2/6/2011 9:16:00 PM

I've tried a lot of retinol products (prescription and OTC) and this is the first one that has not ruined my skin. All the other products either made my skin break out in cysts (!) or dried it out to a flakey mess. My dermatologist gave me sample of this and my skin has been clear ever since. I've only used it for three weeks, so it's hard to tell if it's smoothed out any fine lines, but I'll continue using it just for making my skin clear and glowing!

on 2/17/2010 7:58:00 PM

I had great results with this upon first application! Yes, finally an effective and gentle retinol treatment. I was recommended to use this at night, following cleansing as the first product on my skin if i would be using moisturizer, blemish spot treatment etc. Immediately reduced size of my pores, complexion more even, decreased break-outs. I constantly get compliments on my skin - I have a hunch the SkinMedica Retinol Treatment might have something to do with that!
Been using this for 4 yrs.

on 10/30/2007 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am in my 40's and always looking for an effective retinol product. I heard this was as good as prescription strength retinol products, so decided to give it a try. I really like this product. I have been using it for a few months now and my skin looks fresh and more even in tone. I also like Neutrogena's Advanced Solutions though and am not sure I am getting that much more "bang for the buck" with this product. The cost difference between the two is significant so I am not sure I will repurchase this!
Edit 2/12/08: I have continued with Neutrogena's retinol products and have been VERY happy with the results. The SkinMedica did not produce any significant difference, but cost much, much more.

on 10/12/2006 2:58:00 PM

UPDATE: I take it back. I ran out of this. Between orders I started using my left over tube of Avene again and WOW...it really does do a much better job than this, just didn't realize it until I took a break from it. This is still a good product and definitely not as harsh as Avene, but my skin just looks 10x's better using Diacineal and Eluage and Avene is so much cheaper. Will not be using this anymore.

This is the 3rd retinol product I've used, and it will be the only one I use from now on. Tried green cream (6 & 9) and Avene. This one beats them both hands down. I don't know if it's because of the 3 different type of retinol or the inclusion of Vit E or what, but this one does what I was hoping the others would do...make my skin more even toned, regulate oil, reduce fine lines, and make pores appear smaller. I use this with a 20% glycolic cream (1st the cream, let it soak in for a few, then this) and my skin has never looked smoother. I was using it every other night, but the morning after my 'off' days, my skin just looked dull and lifeless, so now I use it nightly. Great stuff!

on 12/17/2004 4:07:00 AM

I love this retinol cream. I was using a prescription cream, Alustra, which contains a generous dose of retinol and gave me great results, but I was surprised to find that this is much more effective (and a lot cheaper). My skin has never looked this good, and with no redness! I've found that I only need about the size of a pea to cover my whole face, as it's a very thin cream, and I only need to use it once a day to acheive great results. One of my HG skin products.