SkinMedica RETINOL COMPLEX

Filtered by skin tone : Other
SkinMedica RETINOL COMPLEX

Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinyl Acetate, Retinol, Rice Bran Extract (Tocotrienol), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopheryl, Canadian Willowherb Extract, Green Tea Extract, Bisabolol, Phytantriol, Sodium Polyaspartate, Soybean Oil, Cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-2, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA

on 5/16/2017 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

My new hg! I rann out of this some time ago and decided not to reorder because I mistakenly thought that I could manage without it. I tried other products that were less expensive but found them to be "not as effective" as this retinol complex. I am 49 and have had oily skin ALL life. A fact that I used to bemoan, but have since come to appreciate. As we age menopause becomes a huge factor in the day to day. Due to hormonal changes my skin has become dry on some areas of my face. Surprisingly so!

The new products that I was trying simply didn;t cut it. So, I decided to bite the bullet and come back to my trusty Skin Medica Retinol Complex 1.0. And I am so glad I did! The dry patches are nearly gone after only 2 uses. I will never be without this again. Not too strong. Just strong enough to get the job done. Lesson learned. Yes! Its a bit pricey. But the benefits are far and away, worth it!

I love this retinol product. I have the 1% because my skin is used to chemical exfoliants.

Pros:
- gentle yet effective
- hygienic dispensing
- overnight results
- non-irritating compared to other retinoids

Cons:
- a bit pricey

Verdict:
- I love this product. It's minimized my fine lines, is gentle enough to use around crow's feet area. Highly recommend. I'm in my mid-thirties and this product visibly erases age off my face when used 2/3x week in conjunction with a high PPD SPF.