4.5

$62.00 on Skinstore
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

I'm using the 0.25% and I can say I love this product and it works. Once I hit 30 I noticed these fine lines in my forehead suddenly appear and thought "What the hell..." and knew I had to turn to retinol. I have used a few different brands over the years and have had luck with Paula's Choice but the concentrations in her products, with the exception of the Clinical 1% were too mild for my needs and because I have rosacea I was hesitant to try anything too strong because I've lived through the peeling and can't bear it. And so I purchased the 0.25% Skinmedica from my dermatologist's office. I have experienced zero irritation. Zero flaking. Zero redness. Zero problems. But my forehead lines are gone. My skin looks clearer and better. Formula is key and this is a really well formulated product that is not one note. It has niacinamide, antioxidants, peptides and ceramides in it, in addition to the retinol. That's to be applauded because for this formula I think the price is really good and we all know there are other brands out there whose products are inferior and they're charging more.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesGreen

3 years ago

My new hg! I rann out of this some time ago and decided not to reorder because I mistakenly thought that I could manage without it. I tried other products that were less expensive but found them to be "not as effective" as this retinol complex. I am 49 and have had oily skin ALL life. A fact that I used to bemoan, but have since come to appreciate. As we age menopause becomes a huge factor in the day to day. Due to hormonal changes my skin has become dry on some areas of my face. Surprisingly so! The new products that I was trying simply didn;t cut it. So, I decided to bite the bullet and come back to my trusty Skin Medica Retinol Complex 1.0. And I am so glad I did! The dry patches are nearly gone after only 2 uses. I will never be without this again. Not too strong. Just strong enough to get the job done. Lesson learned. Yes! Its a bit pricey. But the benefits are far and away, worth it!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Other, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

1.0

4 years ago

Retinol is retinol, this is well packaged and whilst i found it effective, I have found much cheaper alternatives that is the same effective ingredient at a quarter of the price. So here I go with the results of my retinol adventures over the years. The effective ingredient of this is "retinol", this requires 2 levels of conversion before it can perform its function. This form of retinol is easily and cheaply found is most retinol serums on amazon for quite cheap. If you prefer a dermatologist brand, I have found Green Cream brand to be the best in this type of retinol, its a cream with 3 levels you can buy. Skinmedica is a serum not a cream and if you use it as a cream you will, like me, burn your face. Whilst I like this form of retinol, nothing beats retinoid acid or Tretinoin (used directly by skin), mostly a prescription only product. I purchased this cheaply off eBay at 0.025% and this is equivalent to the 1% retinol and you need much less and application of lower frequency. I have also used the brand Steiva-A cream (prescription only tretinoin) at the same concentration but I prefer a gel since its the first thing applied then I can layer after. Bottom line is that Skinmedica is a fancy version of a very cheap effective ingredient. It's packaging is the best, heavy, opaque metal pump bottle which will preserve the ingredients. After experimenting many years with retinol, I have found that using tretinoin in gel form is the most effective, since I used it 2x a week very sparingly, this is equivalent to using the retinol form every night. I think aggravating my skin less with more efficiently absorbed type is better. I've also experimented with Retinaldehyde, which is the form that requires 1 level of conversion, all Avene products use this form however I found that brand to be so perfumed I could not stand it, hence back to tretinoin gel I go. I did find Avene to be more effective than Skinmedica but again hugely overpriced. Another brand I have been amazed by is a taiwanese brand called Naruko, there is a 3% retinol cream (in 2 types: pore minimising and wonder youth), you can get off eBay for <$10USD for pore minimizing (30g) or <$18USD wonder youth (50g) which is a fabulous cream texture which absorbs so well.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I love this retinol product. I have the 1% because my skin is used to chemical exfoliants. Pros: - gentle yet effective - hygienic dispensing - overnight results - non-irritating compared to other retinoids Cons: - a bit pricey Verdict: - I love this product. It's minimized my fine lines, is gentle enough to use around crow's feet area. Highly recommend. I'm in my mid-thirties and this product visibly erases age off my face when used 2/3x week in conjunction with a high PPD SPF.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

My dermatologist recommended this product and I have been very happy with it! I've progressed to the .5% version, but still keep the .25% around for times when my skin is extra sensitive. Highly recommend!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

from

4 years ago

I use this instead of retin A less harsh beautiful results I have some for sale on ebay for 39.99

About reviewer (89 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

5 years ago

This retinol cream works great for me! It took a few months to get over the slight peeling and redness I got at first. But after that, my skin has never looked better :) So really good product although it's very expensive. P.s. I used the 0.5% concentration.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

6 years ago

I am amazed at the fast (1 week) positive improvement in my skin! My g/f purchased her's at her dermatologist's office, $$$. I purchased mine through Amazon-half the price. At 55 I'm starting to need help with texture, and fine lines, this product is delivering great results quickly. Lancome. Clinique, Estee Lauder etc. all have serums 3X the price that do nothing! This product really works!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Medium

HairRed

EyesBlue

6 years ago

this is a very good retinol product to use .both in terms of quality of products used and the results.i am soon going to be 35,but people just dont beleive it.thanks to all the products especially this one.highly reccomend

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3.0

8 years ago

Nothing special. Even after using it for two months I noticed almost nothing. A lot of parabens and preservatives lurking, so all together it is not worth it... ...oh - one more thing: it's pricey, given the results it provides.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium