SkinMedica RETINOL COMPLEX

Filtered by age: 36-43
SkinMedica RETINOL COMPLEX

4.4

Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinyl Acetate, Retinol, Rice Bran Extract (Tocotrienol), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopheryl, Canadian Willowherb Extract, Green Tea Extract, Bisabolol, Phytantriol, Sodium Polyaspartate, Soybean Oil, Cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-2, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA

I love this retinol product. I have the 1% because my skin is used to chemical exfoliants.

Pros:
- gentle yet effective
- hygienic dispensing
- overnight results
- non-irritating compared to other retinoids

Cons:
- a bit pricey

Verdict:
- I love this product. It's minimized my fine lines, is gentle enough to use around crow's feet area. Highly recommend. I'm in my mid-thirties and this product visibly erases age off my face when used 2/3x week in conjunction with a high PPD SPF.

on 12/6/2015 4:04:00 PM

I use this instead of retin A less harsh beautiful results I have some for sale on ebay for 39.99

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This retinol cream works great for me! It took a few months to get over the slight peeling and redness I got at first. But after that, my skin has never looked better :) So really good product although it's very expensive. P.s. I used the 0.5% concentration.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I was looking for a replacement for Skinceuticals .5% retinol and tried this. It is a lightweight lotion that absorbs easily into the skin and does not cause my combo skin to breakout. Contains a blend of three types of vitamin A. This makes my skin feel great. Most retinol creams are very drying for me and I have to apply a moisturizer on top. However, I would have to say that the retinol strength of this product is not any different than the much more affordable OTC retinols ( Neutrogena and Avon) that I have tried. I would repurchase if it was a higher percentage retinol and did not have paraben preservatives in it.

on 3/2/2008 5:58:00 PM

This is the first retinol treatment that actually had a visible effect on the fine lines and overall tone of my face. Plus it was not irritating to me and absorbed in right away. I really like it. My derm has put me on prescription tretinoin 0.5% but when I get to my desired level of repair, I intend to switch back to this product!