Garnier Pure Shine Control Moisturizer

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wasn't in the market for a new moisturizer when I came across Garnier's Pure shine control moisturizer, but it was on the clearance rack for $2 so I thought why not? I bought 2 just in case it was awesome. Let me start by saying, this does control shine, there is no disputing that. As for moisturization, there is not much, if any of that going on in this product. For me, not that big of a deal as I only use moisturizer as a bit of a primer to put my foundation on smoothly. It felt awesome going on, a nice bit of tightness, the smell was pretty nasty, but I've put worse smelling things on my face. When I looked in the mirror I was a bit concerned as it looked white and chalky on my skin (I have tanned skin right now). I figured once I put on my foundation the white chalkiness would go away. Nope. Not even a little bit. I will give it bonus points for keeping shine at bay, not even a hint of sweat after cutting the lawn or doing my squat challenge. I just felt too ugly to go in public with this product on. I looked like someone who had bought a loose powder foundation 2 shades too light and tried to get away with it. The white and chalkiness showed through my foundation that can hide even the worst pimples. I like the feel of it on my skin, I will be attempting to mix it with a few other products to try to get some use out of it as I feel it has great potential for the summer and for working out, but as of right now I will use it at night and stick with my regular moisturizer during the day. I would not buy this product again. For a mattifying moisturizer I highly recommend (and prefer) Spectro gel blemish prone moisturizer.

on 1/31/2013 11:21:00 PM

Very happy with this product normally I can't wear a moisturizer under makeup but this one I can! I use this then apply a thin layer of milk of magnesia over it for more oil control then i put on my foundation. Works great no oil comes through and skin looks great cause I get to moisturize. Plus the smell is light and refreshing and goes on nice and cool.

This is a great moisturizer for someone that has Oily Skin or someone that is looking for a product that will make their skin mat. Light weighted, great for hot summer day's. Inexpensive good packaging! Gentle cucumber smell. Feels like it's gel! Very nice :)

on 12/24/2009 6:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

When I first put this moisturiser on, my face magically went matte, immediately after applying. However, within a few hours it had worn off and my face was oily again.

I guess it is quite good at drying out your skin temporarily, but in the long term I found it pretty useless.

It wasn't that expensive - I paid about 2 I think - and I bought it because I thought it would be similar to this other moisturiser I was using (Boots TeaTree and Witch Hazel shine control moisturiser), which is incredible, but I was disappointed with the results.

I won't buy this product again because I like my Boots moisturiser a lot better.

on 11/17/2007 11:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I think I would buy this again. Firstly I LOVE the smell - it smells like cucumber and watermelon - really fresh.

I definately think that it helps to mattify my skin. I didnt use it one day and my face was shinier by the end of the day.

I really like this! I can't believe all the bad reviews! I use the matching cleanser and it works wonders. I also love the smell of it! It smells just like cucumbers. The packaging is great, it's so hygienic! It's a cute little tube that doesn't leak all over the place. I use this under my regular moisturizer (from Clinique) to prevent breakouts and blackheads. I think it's awesome and I will most definitely buy it again!