Garnier Pure Shine Control Moisturizer

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Garnier Pure Shine Control Moisturizer

3.3

on 6/22/2014 7:28:00 AM

Really like this product! Its really helping my skin heal and combat spots, oil, shine, and marks.
It really does control shine and keeps skin fresh and clean.
I bought this on a whip and glad I did!
Its great because it doesn't smell bad, or leave a greasy feel after application or make your skin tingle or burn.
Great product!

on 5/15/2014 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Price: Average. If it works for you like it works for me, then it's easily worth it. Especially for someone who was okay with shelling out cash for La Roche Posay Effaclar K in the past.

Packaging: Average. These tubes are always annoying to squeeze the last little bit out of. I really wish they wouldn't make them like this.

Product (Overall): I am in awe of this lotion. I have been using it for close to a year now and my combo/oily skin has come to love it. It moisturizes incredibly well without ever getting greasy (it literally allows me to use more drying facial cleansers than I could normally get away with and not suffer ill-effects), AND controls shine exactly as advertised. There are limits to what it can do of course, but even if I'm exposed to a lot of heat/exert myself, the bit of shine that I do get is minimal. Blot (or wash) and add more and you're likely going to be good to go. It's an excellent primer for makeup too. Really, I can't recommend this stuff highly enough. The HG facial moisturizer for me!

on 8/28/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

this is my favorite moisturizer of all time. it saves my life. apply anytime you want to remove oil. the ingredients agree well with me: zinc and white clay. My fiance bought me three once when we saw them on clearance for ridiculously cheap. i use this under makeup all the time no matter what. it is a mattifying moisturizer... it is my favorite skin care product of all time. i toss it in my bag in case my skin ever has a melt down..just smear it all over and your good again! it has no fragrance, no tingle and i love the blue color. wear this in the dead of heat and humidy and your skin will NOT sweat or produce oil. It is truly a wonder product with instant results! you could wear this in the middle of the dessert. your skin will thank you for it! TRY it! wish it came in a cute pump, like Garnier pure active :) I think strivectin had a great lotion that came out too. It naturally would just mattify your skin and control oil. This product is so much more affordable than that one and it just instantly transforms the face to a matte smooth finish.

on 7/21/2013 10:07:00 AM

I'm so sad, because it was a really great product ! It smells good, it is refreshing when you put in on, AND it really mattyfied my skin .. But after a few weeks, everytime a wore it a got some new breakouts.. My sister tried it too and it did her the same thing, and she don't even have a skin as sensitive as mine..

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product does help control shine, but it dried out my face :/ .......HOWEVER I decided to apply only to my extra greasy eyelids aaaaaaaand after years of non-working primers.... my eye shadow finally stays put!!!

on 11/10/2012 4:21:00 AM

Didn't work for me at all, I tried twice several years apart and it didn't control my shine on my t-zone and my skin felt like I hadn't put on any moisturizer at all.
The first time I had oilier/combo skin (teen skin!), the 2nd time was post accutane so I had rather dry skin.
Both times I had the same problem.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I haven't tried a lot of oil control moisturizers, but the ones I have tried made my face incredibly oily. This one actually does control oil. I have very oily skin that gets oily less than an hour after I wash my face. This moisturizer keeps my skin from getting so oily for a few hours after I wash my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like the product because it's not oily at all, which is good for my oily skin type. The texture of the product is great and is easy to apply evenly. As someone who hates fragrances, I am comfortable with the slight cucumber scent that it has. The bottom is design is awesome, because you can squeeze the cream out easily and the air automatically goes back into the bottle making it easy to squeeze out the other time and prevents it in becoming a used toothpaste tube.

on 2/2/2012 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like that they tried to make a product that targets controlling shine. I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin DUE TO EXCESS OIL. (I needed to clarify that b/c people get acne for different reasons) I found that this product does mattifies the look of shine on your face but does not control the underlying oil on your face. In fact, my face became itchy (the sign of getting new pimples) on the first day I tried it. Then on second day, I got a few fresh new pimples on my face.

If you have acne due to excess oil like I do, I highly recommend La Roche Posay's Effaclar Mattifying Daily Moisturizer. This is by far the best product I've used to date and controls the oil on your face (not just mattify the look of it) for about 10 hours (then I blot my face once with oil control paper).

I give Garnier B for effort but D for effect on my face.

on 11/10/2011 3:47:00 PM

The scent is a little bit weird, but I found that it does generally help skin clear up, and it has a substantial texture that doesn't gunk up the skin either. I think this is a good drugstore alternative to Kiehl's acne moisturizer (though the texture is a little more liquid).