Garnier Pure Shine Control Moisturizer

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Garnier Pure Shine Control Moisturizer

3.7

on 6/22/2014 7:28:00 AM

Really like this product! Its really helping my skin heal and combat spots, oil, shine, and marks.
It really does control shine and keeps skin fresh and clean.
I bought this on a whip and glad I did!
Its great because it doesn't smell bad, or leave a greasy feel after application or make your skin tingle or burn.
Great product!

on 8/2/2009 3:39:00 AM

This is a very average moisturiser. I used to use it in the morning before I went out but I haven't found it to have any super shine controlling effects, especially for my nose. I've since replaced it with a simple tinted moisturiser.

Apart from that, my face doesn't tend to need moisturising but when it does, usually after I exit the shower, this isn't a very hydrating product for that purpose.

After my bottle runs out I don't think I'll buy another one. For shine control purposes I'm sure there's better ones out there!

- - -
PRICE [3] | PACKAGING [3] | REPURCHASE [no]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This did a good job at keeping me shine-free for a few hours- but after that my skin started getting oily again. I wasn't particularly fond of the strong fragrance (I prefer fragrance-free moisturisers), and under my makeup, this wasn't such a great base. I guess I would repurchase if they made a fragrance-free version of this with added SPF.

on 9/13/2008 11:28:00 PM

Used with the system, I found this product to be great. It really did mattify my skin (at least for the first 8 hours) and didn't clog my pores. Unfortunately, it doesn't have SPF, but it's a great moisturizer otherwise. It did leave me greasy by the end of the day, though.

on 8/3/2008 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

well...i didn't have oily oily skin...but just didn't think it was all that great~ i don't think it's moisturizing enough tho it does has a matte feature that absorb and control oil...but it doesn't last that long

on 2/28/2008 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Interesting product, to say the least. I'm not sure it is sold in the States, but I bought it when I was studying abroad and it came back with me. The first time I used it I was really freaked out that it came out of the tube BLUE, but obviously it doesn't look blue on your skin. I find it kind of heavy, and it smells (and looks) more like a facial mask kind of product than a normal lotion. I will give it credit for definitely being mattifying, but it's so heavy that if you put a little to much on and then rub your face after it dries, it will actually come off in little tiny clumps, as if you had put a mud/clay mask on and then hadn't gotten it washed off all of the way. It also sometimes burns a little during application, but only when my skin is having a very dry day. I repurchased once, but I've got almost that full bottle left and I don't think I would buy it again. I guess that's a non-issue, though, as I haven't seen it in stores here.

on 11/17/2007 11:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I think I would buy this again. Firstly I LOVE the smell - it smells like cucumber and watermelon - really fresh.

I definately think that it helps to mattify my skin. I didnt use it one day and my face was shinier by the end of the day.