Garnier Pure Shine Control Moisturizer

Garnier Pure Shine Control Moisturizer

3.5

on 11/10/2012 4:21:00 AM

Didn't work for me at all, I tried twice several years apart and it didn't control my shine on my t-zone and my skin felt like I hadn't put on any moisturizer at all.
The first time I had oilier/combo skin (teen skin!), the 2nd time was post accutane so I had rather dry skin.
Both times I had the same problem.

on 2/2/2012 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like that they tried to make a product that targets controlling shine. I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin DUE TO EXCESS OIL. (I needed to clarify that b/c people get acne for different reasons) I found that this product does mattifies the look of shine on your face but does not control the underlying oil on your face. In fact, my face became itchy (the sign of getting new pimples) on the first day I tried it. Then on second day, I got a few fresh new pimples on my face.

If you have acne due to excess oil like I do, I highly recommend La Roche Posay's Effaclar Mattifying Daily Moisturizer. This is by far the best product I've used to date and controls the oil on your face (not just mattify the look of it) for about 10 hours (then I blot my face once with oil control paper).

I give Garnier B for effort but D for effect on my face.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This made my skin very oily when applied and throughout the whole day. The only thing I do like about this product is the cooling effect but its not enough to make me purchase it again.

on 5/4/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

ive used this aswell as the Pure A one.
it doesnt really do much.
just mattifies, but only for about two hours. i didnt particularly like my forehead looking powdery either.
neither did it 'moisturise' my skin in those places that needed to be. i didnt see a difference in if i had put it on or not. i was left with a tight face feeling (like how you feel when you have cleansed with bad/cheap body soap).
the texture was like gel, that was interesting and the fragrance was nice. The amount they put for the price you pay is good too. I dont like how the dispensing hole is big in size, i always ended up with more moisturiser than i needed.
i wouldnt buy this again, probably because i didnt like the look it gave my face.
you have to try everything once though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product keeps that matte finish for a couple of hours, but by the end of the day, my nose is greasier than normal. I would not buy this again.

on 3/4/2007 11:16:00 AM

Bought this way back when but I've only stopped by to review it because I remember how horribly it made me break out after using it. I really, really regret using this...it came in a promo pack with the pure cleansing gel and while I actually like the cleanser - I should have stopped there. First off, I didn't even need another moisturizer, my Lancome hydralane or clinique moisturizer worked perfectly fine....but the colour of the Garnier looked so cute I thought, "whatever, it's just for one day" and put a few dots on my face and blended in. I have to say though, it DID control shine on my combination skin and that's why I started using everyday for a week until...I BROKE OUT HORRIBLY. Giant cystic ance all over my cheeks and forehead that took me a month to get rid of and another two months before the marks faded. Then one day, I stupidly decided to use this once more and it made my face breakout again!!...although not as severely this time, thank god. This time, it went straight into the garbage in case anyone else in my family touched it. The moisturizer seems to be working on and off for other people, but for me, a big no-no. Be careful with this product. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The zinc is supposed to help with oiliness. Does this product even have any? Did not control oil at all, just make a oily slicky mess. Any makeup over it will slip off after a few hours. Sucks!

on 9/18/2006 10:39:00 PM

I received a sample packet of this and will not be purchasing. The scent was OK, nothing to go on about IMHO, but OK. Product seemed to sit unabsorbed on my skin, makeup blended well over top of it. I have dry, acne prone skin. After using it for a couple of days, I noticed new blemishes popping up. I think the stuff clogged my pores, and the moisturizer did nothing for my skin.

on 3/21/2006 7:16:00 PM

I have oily skin and just like the night treatment,this didn't absorb and made my skin super oily all day. I was so shiny and greasy and as soon as i stopped using this my skin went back to normal. This stuff is very hydrating, something oily skin doesn't need so much of. I was looking for something to control oil not produce it. Worst of all, after putting up with the grease for two weeks, my skin got worse, not better, my pores were completely clogged. Just something to think about if you have oily skin like me!! Hopefully you can sample this one before possibly wasting your mola!

on 10/13/2005 8:30:00 AM

I'm generally not a great review composer but i'm so upset about this moisturizer that i just had to sit down and write a comment (and i felt it is my duty to warn you ladies).
This stuff really is evil as it made me belive that i'd found my HG mosturizer: the first three weeks it did improve my skin a lot(i used the night treatment and the face wash as well). my face was less oily, a lot softer and it had me convinced that it did some pore shrinking, too.
after about a month however things started to get nasty - Garnier PureA really was wrecking havoc on my skin! it started to flake and itch and as an added bonus i got the worst spots since puberty(think bad cystic acne and i'm 27 now!)
generally my skin is not on the overly sensitive side but i never experienced such a skin wrecking desaster. so do your skin a favour ladies and steer clear of the GarnierPureA Produtcs.