Garnier Pure Shine Control Moisturizer

4.6

on 5/15/2014 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Price: Average. If it works for you like it works for me, then it's easily worth it. Especially for someone who was okay with shelling out cash for La Roche Posay Effaclar K in the past.

Packaging: Average. These tubes are always annoying to squeeze the last little bit out of. I really wish they wouldn't make them like this.

Product (Overall): I am in awe of this lotion. I have been using it for close to a year now and my combo/oily skin has come to love it. It moisturizes incredibly well without ever getting greasy (it literally allows me to use more drying facial cleansers than I could normally get away with and not suffer ill-effects), AND controls shine exactly as advertised. There are limits to what it can do of course, but even if I'm exposed to a lot of heat/exert myself, the bit of shine that I do get is minimal. Blot (or wash) and add more and you're likely going to be good to go. It's an excellent primer for makeup too. Really, I can't recommend this stuff highly enough. The HG facial moisturizer for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I haven't tried a lot of oil control moisturizers, but the ones I have tried made my face incredibly oily. This one actually does control oil. I have very oily skin that gets oily less than an hour after I wash my face. This moisturizer keeps my skin from getting so oily for a few hours after I wash my face.

on 11/17/2007 11:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I think I would buy this again. Firstly I LOVE the smell - it smells like cucumber and watermelon - really fresh.

I definately think that it helps to mattify my skin. I didnt use it one day and my face was shinier by the end of the day.

on 3/5/2005 9:28:00 AM

Pure A has been my staple moisturiser during summer... anything else would be too heavy to use on my combination/oily acne-prone skin. I love its fresh cucumber scent and don't find it artificial at all (although it probably is!). Anyway, it's great to find a new HG that's less than $10! ;)

I really really like this moisturiser, I have combo skin, oily t zone, I only moisturise at night, this really is the only moisturiser I've found that really sinks in, it has a lovley fresh cool cucumber scent, I love the tube as it's so hygienic, just squeeze out the amount you want, and best of all, it's cheap.