4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

I *love* this eyeshadow! As others have described, Arena is a light, peachy color with a satiny finish, perfect on my older lids. Right now I am using it this way: First I apply Malt or Bisque all over my lids; then Kid or Era in the crease; then, a tiny bit of Arena right on and above the crease. Finally, Blanc Type on the browbone and RetroSpeck in the inner corner. It's all very subtle, but Arena gives the look a perfect pop of light, bright color. I've also tried it w/ darker crease colors like Mulch, and it's still gorgeous. For color reference, I am fair w/ dark brown hair and eyes, and have rosacea and natural red tints in my hair. Reddish shades tend not to look good on me. Ricepaper and RetroSpeck work well for me as highlights, and Shroom does not. I could imagine Arena looking great on both lighter and darker skin tones. However, my best friend has very dark hair, light skin, and looks great in purples, and I would be surprised if Arena worked as well for her, though I will try to remember to ask.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

9 years ago

My very first mac eyeshadow!! I asked the MUA for an overall coral-ly peachy colour for the lid and she chose 4 or 5 for me to choose from and as soon as she put this one down, I was enticed. Arena is a gorgeous peachy orange in the pan yet on the lids doesn't look as orange-y, just a gorgeous peach colour with hints of orange that looks really flattering on the lid and brings out my dark forest green/sea blue eyes. Also it's not matte but not shimmery or glittery but quite satin-y (as it is a satin finish). I was really surprised when I researched this eyeshadow after I got it, as it's completely under rated and I think it would suit so many skin tones. I usually pair this with bare study paint pot and a gosh champagne-y eyeshadow (similar to MAC's Naked Lunch) and it brightens up my complexion really well. For reference, I would say that I'm too pale for any MAC foundations (I would approximate that i'm around NC10 maybe, so I prefer to stick to Dainty doll products when it comes to concealer and powder), but I know that people with darker skin tones use it as a highlight which means Arena must be a universal eyeshadow.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

9 years ago

This shade is very beautiful on my blue eyes - smooth powder, easy to blend. Highly recommend.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

2.0

9 years ago

I wish this colour would work for me, its such a pretty peachy golden pink, but on me ( nw 25 ) its just doesn´t show, I really have to pack it on the lid and then its looks all chalky. I use it over UDPP . M y advice is to try it first at Mac before buying it.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3.0

9 years ago

I'm not quite sure why "Arena" is such a revered eyeshadow. The color looks rather nice in the pan, but the color payoff is severely lacking. I really have to get a lot on my eyeshadow brush to get some good pigmentation on my lid. It can't be my skin tone- I have very fair skin that almost every color shows up on- so it's probs the shadow itself. There are so many other MAC browns that have better payoff than Arena and are similar colors. Soft brown is a better alternative. Amber Lights is also similar.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Other, Other

9 years ago

I absolutely love this eyeshadow! It goes on so smooth and is perfect for an all over lid colour. I like wearing this to work or when I want a neutral look. It really brightens up my eye area and looks great with black mascara. Really makes my lashes stand out! Its fool proof and perfect for those days when I am running late and dont have time to do my make up.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

9 years ago

Love this color --- a soft, shimmery peach! Looks great on ladies w/blue eyes.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

As other reviewers have already said, this is a peachy color that works fantastically as a lid color. It's very work-appropriate, blends nicely and works well with neutral and warm browns, bronzes and golds. A universal color and a staple in my neutral palette.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

This was the first MAC shadow I ever purchased, and being a general make-up newbie, I went to the counter at MAC to find an eye shadow which will bring out my very blue eyes. I have quite pale skin and she suggested Arena as it was a nice peachy colour which would make the blue pop. When I first started wearing it i was a bit scared as it seemed quite peachy/orangey and left it for months. I then rediscovered my love for it, and found with Arena on the lid, and Shroom on the brow bone just makes my lids glow, and also my eyes stand out beautifully. This is an extremely underrated MAC shadow!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

9 years ago

I'm going to start off by saying that my skin tone can range from nc40-45 in the summer. I just re-discovered arena, and I can say it's my HG everyday e/s for when I want a polished, but not made up look. Like the reviewer below me, all that glitters is my favorite neutral e/s, but it can be a little to shimmery for daytime. For a while I was using era e/s as a my lid but better look, but it didn't have enough oomph. Then I remembered I had arena and gave it another try. It is the perfect everyday e/s imo. It has a soft, buttery texture, and a nice satin finish, that makes my lids glow. What I love most about arena though is how it evens out my eyelids, creating a nice bright eyed, well rested effect. My lids are naturally a little darker than the rest of my skin tone, since arena is a peachy shade, it cancels out the dark tone (similar to the way BB corrector works for my under eye circles). Even though it looks really peachy at first, after I blend the the e/s out, it looks like my skin but better. My lids look bright, fresh, with a nice soft glow, and my brown eye color pops. It's also one of macs best colors b/c it can last all day on my semi-oily lids without primer. I will continue to repurchase arena as long as they make it. I just love how such a simple e/s can achieve such a polished look in only a few seconds, just one swipe, and I'm good to go :)

About reviewer (119 reviews)

Age19-24