Mary Kay Eye Primer

Mary Kay Signature Eye PrimerEye Primer

3.7

on 12/24/2016 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've used this product for years. It goes on light and keeps my eye makeup in place. I generally have fewer issues with eye shadows creasing as I do issues with smudged eye liner, and this primer makes sure I never have that awful streak from eye liner gone wrong! I never wear eye liner without this product.

on 11/2/2016 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Wow, I always thought I had a review for this product but apparently not! I still use this product. I know there are better options out there, I like tube packaging since it is more sanitary. This primer has made my eye shadow last longer. Its very concentrated so you don't need to use a lot.

on 12/9/2014 1:43:00 AM

This is my favourite eye primer. I have used NARS, UD, Smashbox, and Benefit. I have oily eyelids, and I find most other primers will help for about 6 hours. (3 with Benefit) Mary Kay primer makes my shadow stay on for a solid 12 hours.

on 8/4/2014 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It's actually not too bad - no smudging and helped my shadow to stay longer (I used both MK and other brands of "better" e/s with this primer). Dries clear.

No irritation.
No issues.
Oh - and I have dry skin (not oily eye lids for sure!).

I am not sure if you have oily skin if this would work for you.

on 5/26/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I purchased this product because I have very oily eyelids & my eyeliner tends to rub of on my upper eyelids after a few hours. This did not help at all, and at times i think it just made it worse.If you have oily eyelids I do not recommend this primer.

on 12/6/2013 9:23:00 PM

I read a review on Total Beauty about this primer so I wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately for me wheni put it on it caused my eyelids to burn snd the delicate eye area skin flaked off.... This was problematic when trying to spply eyeshadow on top of the primer. I went ahead and tried but got an uneven application and this did not last or prevent my Eyeshadow from crashing. It was possibly worse than without any primer at all

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have the older version, the one that it's packed in the dark grey tube.

This was the first primer I ever tried. I have the oiliest lids ever and I have to perform a complicated eye routine to ensure that my eyeshadow lasts. When I use this primer along my usual routine (heavy coat of Vichy dermablend set with powder foundation) I find that my eyeshadow lasts about 16hrs without moving or creasing. Without the primer, my eyeshadow lasts about 8 hours.

I have used this alone, and I find that my eyeshadow lasts 5 hours before it starts to crease. When I don't wear a primer my eyeshadow creases in 2 hours so this doubles the wear time.

I would buy this again but I can't stand the aggressive ways of Mary Kay's sales women. Also, when I ran out of this the women I got this from said it would take her a month to collect all the merchandise for her clients. I won't bother to find another sales person so I purchased Too Faced's Shadow Insurance instead.

Compared to Shadow Insurance this Mary Kay primer is sub par but it may be an option if it fits your budget better than a HE product.

I got this on a whim when Leighton Meester rec'd it. And I love it. It works as well as more expensive ones. And it lasts along time.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Crap. Utter crap. That's really all I can say about this product is that it's absolute crap. I tossed the tube after three uses. Yes, tossed it in the trash. My shadow creased within 2 hours and I don't have very oily lids. After 8 hours my shadow had vanished except for nasty grease lines in my creases. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

on 10/18/2012 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product simply is a waste of money. It did not work for me at all, in fact, my shaddow lasts longer without this product.